Galactic Seasons Feedback

JackieKo

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let y'all know that the team is aware of some lingering issues regarding a handful of players still not properly seeing their daily PO's. The team is working on a fix, but in the meantime if you're experiencing this issue, you can just omit that part of the system in your feedback/testing.

I will keep reporting it until I see a fix because as it is there is nothing there for me to test and if you want it tested it needs fixed.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right something I just remembered that I forgot in my earlier post. At level 75 is a Classic Cartel Weapon Pack. Icon for it is bronze. Description indicates that it is a silver item (and patterns indicate that is what it is supposed to be), so the icon needs to be fixed.

Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?

- Yes.

Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?

- No. Currently I have 2 weeklies available - Unranked Warzones and Galactic Starfighter. Both PvP focus and something I do not engage in.

When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?

- Yes, it's made well clear by the purple colour, compared to the normal yellow colour.

Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them?

- Yes, it gives the amount that need to be done to complete the objective.

Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?

-Yes, when I click on a Priority Objective it states "Season Points +12"

What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?

- I got to use it, and it went from doing either Operations/Hive Queen to Galactic Starfighter. Granted I seem to only have weekly objectives available, so can't really confirm when it comes to daily objectives.

Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome!

How about having a list of maybe 10 things per day to achieve your 2 dailies that will be mixed up every week?

For example have 3-4 casual PvE activities. Example: "Do X amount Heroics", "Complete a SOLO Flashpoint" or "Kill 75 NPC's on X planet".

Have 3-4 PvP focused activities. Example: "Win 2 unranked matches", "Complete your Daily PvP" or "Go on

rampage in ranked" (I'm not a PvP'er, so I'm sorry if these are a bit off.)

Have 3-4 group activities that could range from Flashpoints to World Bosses or even completing a specific Operations.

In this way you reach all sorts of players, everyone will feel fulfilled and happy by being able to have a few choices a day to complete their daily objectives.

And possibly make a separate tab from Conquest, which will make it easier to navigate.

Is there a way to earn ahead in Galactic Seasons? If I am unable to play for a period of weeks, is there a way for me to put in extra work when I can play to get the experience so that I can gain those levels still, or will it be something where I miss out and have to pay to catch up when I am able to play again? Seems like the price to catch up is pretty steep and I'm worried that I may not be able to catch up if I can't earn ahead.

Is there a way to earn ahead in Galactic Seasons? If I am unable to play for a period of weeks, is there a way for me to put in extra work when I can play to get the experience so that I can gain those levels still, or will it be something where I miss out and have to pay to catch up when I am able to play again? Seems like the price to catch up is pretty steep and I'm worried that I may not be able to catch up if I can't earn ahead.

Earn ahead of what? You can't earn more than 6 point a day from dailies, 24 points a week from weeklies, and 8 points from logging in. You can't "pre-earn" points. But you also don't need to get all the points either. Assuming 150 days and 21 weeks (I think 22 is more likely, but I'm low balling it), the maximum points you can get would be 900 from dailies, 504 from weeklies, and 168 from logging in. For a grand total of 1572 points. You need 800 to get max rank. So slightly more than half.

And if the subscriber track has the 2,000 cartel coins mentioned in the announcement when the system hits live, then technically you would only need around 640 of those 1572 points since you could use those 2k coins to buy 20 levels assuming the 100 CC price stays.

• Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?

It doesn't feel like there's any agency at all in this system. Objectives are chosen randomly and only 2 daily/2 weekly are available at a time. It doesn't look like many of the weekly objectives are solo or small group (2 person) friendly content. Having only 2 of each daily/weekly up a time means there's really no choice to be made here. Player choice is removed in order to "encourage" participation in activities one otherwise would not do. Personally, I hate PVP and GSF so much, I would always skip those. If RNG makes them come up too much, it means either not participating in this new system, missing rewards, or using a very large number of credits to skip ranks (and I'm not a super rich player, so this is a pretty hard sell).

• [*]

[*]Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?

[*]What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?

If there's going to be four objectives available, I think it makes sense half of them can't be changed. Encouraging people to venture outside of their comfort zone is def not a bad thing. However, when it comes to refresh function it'd be nice if players could switch TO what they enjoy instead of (just) switching away FROM what they dislike. If there are two objectives..leave one to dice, but maybe let players pick whatever they lenjoy doing as the second one. I think it'd be a nice balance.

I think it'd be fun if completing GSF, Warzone, Ranked, FP, etc weekly&daily mission would give players some nifty reset-tokens as loot. Click a token=guaranteed refresh into to that specific PO.

^ - Failing that, please make sure refresh option for daily missions is " clever". There's, what, two dozen "Kill X on planet Y" daily missions and maybe 10 objectives requiring something, anything else. So if you click away from " kill 50 mobs on DK" changes are you replace it with " kill 50 mobs on Tatooine" or something. I'd rather just do some GSF! Or regs. Or FPs.

p.s Can't see daily POs at all, only two weeklies showing up.

Edited by Stradlin

Questions For the Week

Here are a new set of questions for this week’s PTS!

Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?

yes, though again the Daily does not work and so does not track - and when traveling back to the fleet, the Daily objective was untracked

Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?

no, it feels like I have no choice whatsoever and am forced to play stuff I don't like

When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?

yes, nice touch with the different colors

Daily: yes; Weekly: not always (define "multiple times")

Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?

yes

What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?

instead of a refresh button we should have the CHOICE what we want to play! like a drop down as mentioned by someone else where we can choose the ones that are to our liking

Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome!

- the credit cost for catch up is too steep now and in no relation to what you are getting

- I only saw one Daily Objective (which didn't work) - aren't there supposed to be 2?! - on that matter: for me the 2nd Tython-defeat-enemies-conquest-objective didn't work as well

- the now 10 decos (which is nice!) should stack

- still not enough Tokens to earn and too many empty reward-levels... and imagine to pay over 200 million credits to catch up on an empty reward level :eek:

- I like the update on the daily-login-reward-window - though as others mentioned: the decrease of GS points was very unnecessary!

So logged in at 8:30 Central today, still had the same POs as yesterday. Which is what I was expecting.

And I just remembered another bug I forgot to report yesterday. Altuur's unique healing spec ability of Kolto Targeting Field mentions in its description that it is supposed to finish the cooldown when the target is killed, but during my testing yesterday, the ability cooldown did not finish on killing an enemy. So either the description is wrong or the ability isn't working right.

Priority Objective Refresh

You will now be able to Refresh Daily and/or Weekly Priority Objectives to remove ones you may not have desire to do and replace them with another option. Players will be allowed one Refresh per day for Daily Priority Objectives, and one Refresh per week for Weekly Priority Objectives.

This does not appear to be working. I started with 3 group objectives (both weeklies and one daily) and refreshing the group daily replaced it with a new non-group daily, (Defeat Enemies on Home Worlds) but this does not advance from killing enemies either on Ord Mantell or Tython (Republic side)

Since you put stuff into the conquest panel, would it be possible to make an additional panel with everything Season related like conquest? Since it's rather annoying to watch some stuff over on the login panel and some stuff over in the conquest panel.

On the bottom left the objectivs, on the bottom right a discription what you have to do. and on top the progress where you can swap through the levels 5 at a time.

Priority Objective Refresh

You will now be able to Refresh Daily and/or Weekly Priority Objectives to remove ones you may not have desire to do and replace them with another option. Players will be allowed one Refresh per day for Daily Priority Objectives, and one Refresh per week for Weekly Priority Objectives.

This does not appear to be working. I started with 3 group objectives (both weeklies and one daily) and refreshing the group daily replaced it with a new non-group daily, (Defeat Enemies on Home Worlds) but this does not advance from killing enemies either on Ord Mantell or Tython (Republic side)

I can confirm this. The daily refresh does not seem to be working.

• Dev Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to let y'all know that the team is aware of some lingering issues regarding a handful of players still not properly seeing their daily PO's. The team is working on a fix, but in the meantime if you're experiencing this issue, you can just omit that part of the system in your feedback/testing.

Hi everyone,

The daily POs have now been fixed. You should have new ones when you log in today. If you are running into additional issues, please report it here.

New bug I noticed with the Mythran Hunter Set. I was up to 5/7 pieces in Collection so I destroyed a few pieces since I didn't think I was going to need them to unlock the set since Collections had already registered them as "collected." But then when I checked back later, it had dropped down to 2/7 as it seems it was only registering the items in my inventory with no memory of what I had previously acquired. Just tested by equipping and destroying an armor piece and equipping the armor did not cause it get saved either.

I just attempted to recreate this bug by rerolling one of my new objectives. The rerolled objective was complete 5 daily missions on Onderon. Completed the light the fire and ritual fight mission. I think I also had the Onderon complete 6 missions mission active at 5 missions before starting. Upon completion, the tracker went up by 2 (I assume the second was for the 6 mission mission), so I did not recreate the bug as described above. Possible the bug is just tied to the Homeworld objective, which I do not have so I can't test it, rather than the reroll system.

Priority Objectives

Please can you make it clear what each of the objectives for daily and weekly will be? I do not want to have to gamble refresh from something I hate to something I will hate more (this is why I would prefer these objectives to have their own interface with a drop down list so we can choose which ones we want to do rather than gamble).

New bug I noticed with the Mythran Hunter Set. I was up to 5/7 pieces in Collection so I destroyed a few pieces since I didn't think I was going to need them to unlock the set since Collections had already registered them as "collected." But then when I checked back later, it had dropped down to 2/7 as it seems it was only registering the items in my inventory with no memory of what I had previously acquired. Just tested by equipping and destroying an armor piece and equipping the armor did not cause it get saved either.

I just attempted to recreate this bug by rerolling one of my new objectives. The rerolled objective was complete 5 daily missions on Onderon. Completed the light the fire and ritual fight mission. I think I also had the Onderon complete 6 missions mission active at 5 missions before starting. Upon completion, the tracker went up by 2 (I assume the second was for the 6 mission mission), so I did not recreate the bug as described above. Possible the bug is just tied to the Homeworld objective, which I do not have so I can't test it, rather than the reroll system.

Per Jackie the advancement issue was just fixed so I logged back in. The daily PO remaining was once again a group objective so I clicked on the refresh and it came up as one that I had already completed (Coreward Heroics) so it is marked as completed (both dailies are checked now) but no GS points were awarded. Hopefully this is just a glitch caused by the mid-day fix. I'll check it again tomorrow.

The Daily Objectives appeared for me now. They're clear what to do, and seem fine. I've got no issue with the 'Complete unranked pvp match', it's better than the 'have to win a pvp match to progress' system that's going on with regular pvp missions.

Kind of want a bit more variety than just regular conquest objectives, but they're all very achieveable solo and in a short period of time.

was able to complete the 2 Daily POs now, tracking works and it is clear what to do.

Thanks for fixing it!

One thing though - don't know if this is intentional or not:

when I clicked on the Daily PO via the galactic season tab, my galaxy map opened with Onderon targeted - which (if intended) is bad for 2 reasons:

1. maybe I don't want to do that specific Daily, so I need to exit the galaxy map, open the CQ, click the Daily and hit refresh

2. at least for Onderon, there now is a free travel option for Onderon via the activity window (thanks for that btw!) - via the galaxy map it would cost 5,000 credits

Logged in, and the daily reroll appears to have processed properly. Don't see any new bugs.

Do have one thing to mention though. When I used my daily reroll, I ended up with Defeat Insectoids on both Balmorra and Alderaan in my log. And with both of them present I noticed that they have different buttons despite being basically the same objective. Alderaan has two buttons ("Galactic Seasons" and "Galaxy Map") while Balmorra only has "Galactic Seasons." Not something that is super important, but probably worth fixing for the sake of consistency.

Yes.

No, absolutely not, at least not with weekly objectives. People are NOT going to do content that they do not wish to engage in no matter how much you try to "encourage" them to do so. You need to let people choose two of these from a list - no rng. I'll take this a step further and say the list of weekly POs needs to be expanded to have at LEAST one set of weekly tasks for solo oriented players. Make it a combination of do things A,B,C or some other equivalent that could be completed amongst alts (sort of like how low level do X amount of missions and level up X number of times conquest objectives are now). My anecdotal experience with friends who play is that they are collectively very much against being forced to group. While I don't mind it myself I think you are alienating a subset of players who just want to play "their way", which is alone or with maybe a partner.

Yes.

Not always. Today I had to do 3 heroics on Alderaan, so when I tracked it a list showed up about doing heroics on two other planets as well as Alderaan. This could be confusing.

Somewhat. From the main GS window I think yes it is clear. When completing an actual PO however, the pop up banner appeared to let me know it was completed but it did not appear to have a +3 or some other measurement to show me that I had earned points towards GS and not something else.

Remove the refresh and let people choose from lists, at least for the weekly POs. I think daily ones being rng based are appropriate.

Every level needs some type of reward. It is very underwhelming to complete a level and then realize you get nothing. Also, subscribers need more of a bonus than a level per week. I think your move from 12 points to 8 points was ill advised. Subscribing in general is a bit meh these days, don't make it even more so

UI is clunky and confusing and with the need to go back and forth between new UI and conquest, not fluid at all.

Objectives are hit or miss, and one 'reroll' isn't going to cut it for some - especially weekly objectives tied to group activities.

Objectives tied to specific / named mobs are terrible without massive increases in spawns and / or reductions in spawn times - this includes some of the named WBs as well as stuff like the Voss insect mobs.

The season is too long with way too many 'filler' levels that offer no rewards.

Even with all the superfluous empty levels, most rewards are unrewarding - I completed half the season and can't think of anything I received that I was like 'WOW I'm so glad I got this'.

Deco rewards don't stack - a reward of 'Deco (10)' uses ten inventory slots.

Catch-up for credits isn't bad - the cost scaling will keep most from using it for more than a few skips, and it may actually remove some credits (doubtful it will make much of a dent, but it is worth trying).

Catch-up for CC is a terrible idea - given how bad the rewards are, I can't imagine many would - but the idea that something designed to encourage repeat playing can be skipped by paying with RL$ is a bad precedent to set - what next, conquest completion for CC, mission completion for CC?

Galactic Seasons + Log In Rewards + Conquest have a lot of overlap and feel like they were just cludged together one on top of another - did no one think to combine these systems into one simple, straightforward, and player-friendly system?

Edited by DawnAskham

"Do couple of heroics on Coruscant" "Kill 50 random mobs on Alderaan" "Kill some insects on Balmorra" These 3 POs amount to same exact thing in my books. When it comes to POs shown so far, over thirty POs (out of 44 or so) amount to this stuff! Actual gameplay among 75% of POs differs in no meaningful way. I really hope "refresh" function at least puts all of this stuff in one same category and then ensures the replacement comes from some different category. Person switching away from " do few heroic missions on coruscant" does not do so hoping he'd get " kill some trash mobs on coruscant" instead. If refresh is just a simple random objective from pool of all objectives, then In practise " kill some mobs" is like 75% of all you will ever see.

Daily objectives should be offered by categories maybe.

* Category A: Random PO from pool of facerollable low effort solo stuff. Heroic missions, kill 50 mobs, bla bla

* Category B: Random PO from group based pve content

* Category C: PO from GSF/PvP/Ranked

* Category D: PO from some pool of..supplementary things. Space pve or seeker droid stuff or Zakuuul arena ..something. Maybe this could be a category for "bit more difficult solo content"

Have maybe 4 categories and one mission available from each every day. Have rewards max out once you do two missions out of four offered. Can refresh once/day inside a category.

Edited by Stradlin

The "Catch Up" option is very very expensive. It's clearly intended to be a huge credit sink but 6 billion+ is way to much for a lot of people. I think it should be capped at 250 million for a 5 month season. That is still beyond most players so you will probably still make the marketing team happy with people dropping £50 to buy 10k Cartel Coins to reach level 95. Here are the current values:

Starting At Level 0 - No Unlocks

• Level 1 - 175,000 Credits or 100CC
  • Level 2 - 669,974 or 200CC
  • Level 3 - 1,579,300 or 300CC
  • Level 91 - 5,605,860,864 or 9100CC
  • Level 92 - 5,760,286,720 or 9200CC
  • Level 95 - 6,238,766,080 or 9500CC

Starting At Level 1 - First Level Already Unlocked

• Level 2 - 494,974 or 100CC
  • Level 3 - 1,404,300 or 200CC
  • Level 91 - 5,605,685,760 or 9000CC
  • Level 92 - 5,760,111,616 or 9100CC