Unsubbing because I'm being forced to play voidstar non stop

chosonman

Voidstar is the best map, ban Ancient Hypergate

See we all have different opinions. I used to love HB until the performance / desync issues made it unplayable. Now my favourite map is Hypergates.

Hypergates is also the one map that encourages you to death match to win. And when the majority of players only death match in objective maps these days, it’s a better map for those circumstances.

I'm not even a serious PVP'er and I've been almost exclusively seeing voidstar. Hasn't been too bad since I like that one when I'm actually on a team that attempts to win, which hasn't happened since I switched servers two weeks ago.

This afternoon had something really weird happen - on the defense side, the attackers got through the first door & I died right after. Respawned on the far side of the bridges like normal but before the attackers could extend the bridges, someone "accessed the core" and won the match. Anybody seen that before? Cheating or serious glitch?

This afternoon had something really weird happen - on the defense side, the attackers got through the first door & I died right after. Respawned on the far side of the bridges like normal but before the attackers could extend the bridges, someone "accessed the core" and won the match. Anybody seen that before? Cheating or serious glitch?

If your team was attacker first, most likely you folks never got past the first door, so once they did the match was over.

• 2 weeks later...
If your team was attacker first, most likely you folks never got past the first door, so once they did the match was over.

Except we did get past the first door & the bridges. The second round, the attackers breached the first door but hadn't extended the bridges when it ended.

I loathe quesh. Whenever I get it I simply drop from the game for the night. Worst map in the game, bar none...even OPG.

The other night I was on my sage and someone passed it to me 3X...I dumped it. Worse, someone dumped it on me (sage...I AM A HORRIBLE SAGE) at OUR endzone. Not playing that game. What makes that player think I am going to run it...from OUR ENDZONE? Nah. Hard pass.

I just wanted to play sage and practice...and I get quesh. Whenever I am in suckball I am part of the problem, not part of the solution because I don't bother with objectives. Losing is not my objective, but with the deserter debuff I am simply going to play my way, and I am not going to bother trying to grab, or run it. Nope. I would void every suckball map (except Vandin, I like that one) had I the opportunity to do so.

If I had suckball as much as you have had Voidstar, I would quit too.

Edited by Sappharan

I loathe quesh. Whenever I get it I simply drop from the game for the night. Worst map in the game, bar none...even OPG.

yes. quesh is easily the worst map in the game. truly awful unless you want to sit at mid and DM...I guess? personally, I find the DMing much better in the pit and vandin...where there's actually los and hazards to play around and with. quesh is just a giant flat area and some pips for snipers to entrench on and laugh at you from.

Edited by CheesyEZ

• 1 month later...
yes. quesh is easily the worst map in the game. truly awful unless you want to sit at mid and DM...I guess? personally, I find the DMing much better in the pit and vandin...where there's actually los and hazards to play around and with. quesh is just a giant flat area and some pips for snipers to entrench on and laugh at you from.

Yep. Those are some of the reasons I loathe that map more than all others, of any game, combined. Worse, it seems to be the queue I receive more and more often. That map needs to be removed. Full stop.

• 2 weeks later...