Ambitious Warrior chestpiece bug. Wrong chestpiece.

Jesseriah

Hi!

I want to address a bug regarding the Cartel Market Armor Set: Ambitious Warrior.

By inspecting some armor sets in my collection I discovered a serious issue with the above mentioned armor set.

I'm including some screenshots for further clarification.

As we can see here: https://ibb.co/X4wnybY the chestpiece from this armor set is clearly shown as a non-shoulderpats chestpiece and without the "leather bracelets" around the upper side of the arms (like we can see on the NPC Jaric Kaedan (https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/master-jaric-kaedan. It's pretty much his exact chestpiece.) We can even see the icon of the chestpiece as a non-shoulderpats one without the bracelets.

But when we go ahead and purchase the armor set or try the chestpiece on via the outfit preview-window, its a completely different chestpiece than shown in the Cartel Market armor window, as we can see here: 98j9d4dp.jpg - It has shoulderpats and leather bracelets that it clearly shouldn't have. What makes this an obvious bug or unintended mistake is the fact, that there are already three different versions of this chestpiece inGame and obtainable via Synthweaving. Two with different names but same model for Republic Players and one with a different name but same model for Imperial Players.

This cartel market armor set, respectively the chestpiece, seems to be clearly intended to have the exact same model as shown in the very first screenshot (Jaric Kaedan's model) but maybe got implemented wrong in the database, since it makes no sense whatsoever to make an armor set purchaseable by real life money when the exact same model is already ingame multiple times through a crafting skill.

Please have a look at this chestpiece @Cartel Market Team. Fix would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Jesseriah

I cleared up my initial post a little bit and clarified a few things since the first time it was a little bit confusing to read. I hope this issue gets enough attention to get fixed with the next patch, since the PTS for 6.2.1 already got closed down. Or at least soon :)

Never realised the picture was different than the actual set, but no thanks, i bought this one a long time ago based on the preview window and i think the actual set looks much better.

The only change i'd personally like would be for the female version to be the same as the male one, instead of running around with my girl showing her belly to the whole galaxy...

Never realised the picture was different than the actual set, but no thanks, i bought this one a long time ago based on the preview window and i think the actual set looks much better.

If you think the actual chestpiece looks better then you're free to use one of the Synthweaving chestpieces that you can find on the GTN. One is called "Vest of the Aspiring Knight" (or something like that) and there's another one that looks exactly the same on Rep side. I don't know which server you're on but there's both versions available on the GTN on Tulak Hord right now for less than 200k Credits.

I already mentioned the above in my first post too. The fact that the set on the Cartel Market shows a different chestpiece than it actually uses is clearly a bug and an issue that needs to be resolved. No other set on the CM lures us with the picture of an armor that in fact looks completely different when you equip it.

That being said - and I'm repeating myself here - if you think the current version looks better, fine. There are already three of the same versions ingame via Synthweaving (though the schematics are old) that you can use and they won't go away. The CM version though is the only version with these changed details so that it matches the chestpiece the above mentioned NPC uses and it will be greatly appreciated if they correct this obvious bug. I agree with the belly thing tho, but thats not a bug but rather an overall change they would have to do.

Edited by Jesseriah

I'll repeat myself as well, i've bought the set based on the preview (and again, based on the preview, because the female version is already different compared to the picture of the set, which is probably why it never hit me that the picture was different compared to the actual male version as i only used it on female toons), and unlocked it to be able to use it freely on any character i'd want to use it, why should i end up with a useless set that i already paid for and buy something else (and pay every single time i'd want to reuse that particular chest piece) ?

Ask to change one of similar sets if you want or to add another chestpiece to the set without the details you don't like all you want, i'd support that, i'd also ask for a female version similar to the current male one, but changing something that i already paid for into something i don't like, i'm not going to support that.

why should i end up with a useless set that i already paid for and buy something else (and pay every single time i'd want to reuse that particular chest piece) ?

I could probably say the same. Why do I (and many others) have to end up with a set that is presented completely different in its preview than it looks after I put it on my character, although I paid for it?

You made a good point but playing the "but I paid for it"-card doesn't work here. It is obvious that they probably

accidentally implented the wrong model though it has the correct look in the Cartel Market. I agree that this specific topic is difficult to handle since this set is available for quite some time now in the CM, and many people already bought it. But it is not on us to solve this issue anyway.

I made the initial post because there obviously is something wrong. BioWare will decide how they fix it. I just hope that if they decide to leave it as it is that they at least give us the chestpiece like it is presented in the CM picture in another way then, because I can't present something for real money to a playerbase but sell a completely different product in the end.

Edited by Jesseriah

I could probably say the same. Why do I (and many others) have to end up with a set that is presented completely different in its preview than it looks after I put it on my character, although I paid for it?

You made a good point but playing the "but I paid for it"-card doesn't work here. It is obvious that they probably

accidentally implented the wrong model though it has the correct look in the Cartel Market. I agree that this specific topic is difficult to handle since this set is available for quite some time now in the CM, and many people already bought it. But it is not on us to solve this issue anyway.

I made the initial post because there obviously is something wrong. BioWare will decide how they fix it. I just hope that if they decide to leave it as it is that they at least give us the chestpiece like it is presented in the CM picture in another way then, because I can't present something for real money to a playerbase but sell a completely different product in the end.

Then the complaint could apply to any set with a gender difference, this one shows something that is in fact completelty different on female toons than it is on the CM picture (as you don't have anything on the cleavage, no sleeves, nor any fabric on the belly part on female toons).

And there are many other sets where the actual outfit doesn't look exactly the same as on the CM picture, especially the ones with a gender difference, like this one, so basing the choice to buy it or not on the preview is the most logical, and there are probably many people who bought it based on the preview, and not on the picture.

So giving a way to have the same as on the picture by adding another chestpiece that looked more like the one on the picture to the already existing set would probably be the best option for everyone. They could also add a female version that would look like the male one while they're at it.

Edited by Goreshaga

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks,

Thanks for the different reports concerning the Ambitious Warrior Chestguard.

Our team is aware of this bug and currently looking into it. I'll update you when I have more information.

If you do anything please do that by adding a second chestpice, not by changing the one that's curently in game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...