Changes made to Kai Zykken

JackieKo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

They never clarified any of this, right? I haven't found answers in any other threads for:

* Will this new RNG protection also consider items in the current character's personal cargo hold?

* Will this new RNG protection also consider items in the legacy vault?

They never clarified any of this, right? I haven't found answers in any other threads for:

* Will this new RNG protection also consider items in the current character's personal cargo hold?

it would really be much appreciated if we could get a definite answer for this, please Jackie!

Actually, the patch notes point to a post that directly contradicts this post anyway, so let me add to the list:

* Does opening the box give an item related to the character's current discipline as stated in the post the patch notes point to or does it give any item that exists as stated in this post?

RNG protection either hasn't been implemented for the generic sets or it no longer works for the cargo hold.

I just got a duplicate Taskmaster's Chestguard even though I had it in my cargo hold.

Important to note with this change is that when you have acquired every item from the crate, it will no longer have anything to give you. To ensure the crate always rewards the player with something, the Taskmaster's Chestguard will remain in the crate with no duplication protection. If you start receiving duplicates of the Taskmaster's Chestguard, you’ll know you’ve collected everything from the crate.

Actually, I just re-read this. Something still isn't working correctly. Since I got a Taskmaster's Chestguard, according to this post, I have everything that Kai can give me for this character (Madness Inquisitor). The sets I don't have completed are:

Rebuking Assault

Decelerator

Shadow Purger

Saber Master

Gathering Storm

Amplified Champion

Murderous Revelation

Ballast Point

Most of those are Assassin sets so I guess I have to buy those with an Assassin but what about Amplified Champion, Gathering Storm, and Decelerator? Those aren't Assassin sets.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

I just got a dupe of a General set I already have, I don't think the RNG Protection is in place yet, or it doesn't count the sets in your personal Cargo Hold, which would be insane because there is simply not enough space in the player's inventory to accomodate ALL general sets + class sets if you want to get only the missing pieces.

The RNG protection isn't working. I put all my general set pieces in my inventory and I stil got an Avenger's Helm from Kai while having another one in my inventory (not in my cargo hold or in my legacy hold, the other copy was in my personal inventory). That's 500K and 100 tech fragments to the trash. :confused:.

I'd wait before spending another credit if you are going for the achievements.

It would be nice to have that RNG protection, otherwise, getting the sets will be very difficult. It would be nicer that the RNG protection could look in the cargo hold :jawa_wink: (we can leave the legacy hold out if you want), but I guess that's very difficult from a technical perspective.

they probably have their hands full right now with all the other bugs

but still a yellow post "yes, the RNG protection is not working as intended, we are aware and will work on a fix" would be the decent thing to do... because right now it does NOT at all work as stated in Jackie's post :(

EDIT: at the very least put it into the known issues list so people don't waste their hard earned TFs

Edited by Dekibra

they probably have their hands full right now with all the other bugs

but still a yellow post "yes, the RNG protection is not working as intended, we are aware and will work on a fix" would be the decent thing to do... because right now it does NOT at all work as stated in Jackie's post :(

EDIT: at the very least put it into the known issues list so people don't waste their hard earned TFs

Yes, I'm sure they have a lot of things on their plate now. :rod_tongue_p:

As you say, the right thing to do would be adding it to the known issues so people don't waste TF. Having to wait to complete an achievement is not a big issue, but losing credits and TF it is.

Kai Zykken’s RNG protection on the Unidentified Onslaught Set Bonus Gear crates is broken - don’t buy them until fixed. :mon_trap:

As of 2/19/2022 the RNG protection that was to prevent receiving duplicate gear set items is not working. I had my loot discipline set and received a duplicate of the same set which was in inventory. I was on trooper commando and it was a Concentrated Fire piece.

@JackieKo Would it be possible to have RNG protection apply to cargo hold as well (or something better)? Currently the generic sets like Amplified Champion, The Victor and Taskmaster also are included in the loot table. As it is there is not enough space in character inventory for RNG protection to matter much once it’s fixed. I wouldn’t mind spending a little more to buy the pieces directly. I submitted a bug report after getting the duplicate. Thank you for responding :)

It would be nice to have that RNG protection, otherwise, getting the sets will be very difficult. It would be nicer that the RNG protection could look in the cargo hold :jawa_wink: (we can leave the legacy hold out if you want), but I guess that's very difficult from a technical perspective.

I'm pretty sure the old RNG protection for class-specific sets did check the personal cargo hold (though not the legacy cargo hold). So it seems like they should be able to extend that to the general RNG protection. But I can confirm that RNG protection is definitely not looking at the cargo hold right now, and from the posts in this thread, it sounds like it's not working at all.

Jackie, are you posting as CommunityTeam or is it Nathan who is using that handle and responding to the bug reports? :confused:

What is the current status of Kai Zykken's "protection insurance" bug?

When I bought two items from Kai during the weekend, I got a double from my inventory and a double from my cargo hold. The promised protection is bugged.

When will your colleagues fix this? Is this even a bug or is this after all working as intended and the original news was a miscommunication?

I see a few other people here reporting issues with the vendor, though only recieving duplicates is the least of my issues.

I was infact also getting some new pieces while holding almost all generic sets and regularly obtainable class set items in my cargo hold.

My primary issue was actually getting literally nothing from the vendor transaction. It takes my credits and tech fragments and returns nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

So, any news on this bug?

Only thing I read in tomorrow's patch notes related to Kai Zykken is:

• Kai Zykken is no longer selling Tacticals that have been removed from the game.

I'm not paying a 1000 TFs for nothing, especially since the Legendary implants are overpriced and we still have a limit of 11k, which honestly, should be removed.

So, any news on this bug?

Only thing I read in tomorrow's patch notes related to Kai Zykken is:

• Kai Zykken is no longer selling Tacticals that have been removed from the game.

I'm not paying a 1000 TFs for nothing, especially since the Legendary implants are overpriced and we still have a limit of 11k, which honestly, should be removed.

Yeah, was hoping the not working RNG protection would be fixed… but it is not even acknowledged as a bug so far, so my hope is dwindling that I will ever complete the missing set pieces for the achievements :(

Yeah, was hoping the not working RNG protection would be fixed… but it is not even acknowledged as a bug so far, so my hope is dwindling that I will ever complete the missing set pieces for the achievements :(

Oh yeah! I forgot to specify it was the RNG protection bug ><

Thank you for pointing that out! :D

Either my searchfu isn't working, or there isn't a thread over on the bug forums for this (one in general and one in suggestions of all places!) I'm going to go start one to see if we can get an acknowledgement. Please add your experiences to it!

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10021224#post10021224

Thank you for doing this, hopefully the devs will reply to it.

My experience is that the RNG protection is working, for a special definintion of working. (This... bug? feature? was also present before 7.0.)

The thing is, all SoW setpieces have two variants in the game. One that was sold by vendors (the unmodded one) and one that used to drop from content (the modded one). The game considers these to be completely separate items (to the extent that unmodded items didn't count for the achievements for a very, very long time.) The bad news is, you cannot tell by looking at a piece whether it's the modded or the unmodded one (again: it only matters how you obtained it, not whether it has any mods in it at the moment).

Duplicate protection only considers the modded (i.e. random drop) variants of these items.

If you get something from Kai, store it and you should not get it again. Yes, this means you might have to rebuy large chunks of your sets, depending on how much of your collections you got from the gear vendors in 6.x.

Edited by Schoock

My experience is that the RNG protection is working, for a special definintion of working. (This... bug? feature? was also present before 7.0.)

The thing is, all SoW setpieces have two variants in the game. One that was sold by vendors (the unmodded one) and one that used to drop from content (the modded one). The game considers these to be completely separate items (to the extent that unmodded items didn't count for the achievements for a very, very long time.) The bad news is, you cannot tell by looking at a piece whether it's the modded or the unmodded one (again: it only matters how you obtained it, not whether it has any mods in it at the moment).

Duplicate protection only considers the modded (i.e. random drop) variants of these items.

If you get something from Kai, store it and you should not get it again. Yes, this means you might have to rebuy large chunks of your sets, depending on how much of your collections you got from the gear vendors in 6.x.

wrong, I had the modded version of a set piece equipped (and yes, I got it from a crate - aka random drop) and guess what, I got it again from Kai... and again, so no, it is definitely NOT working

wrong, I had the modded version of a set piece equipped (and yes, I got it from a crate - aka random drop) and guess what, I got it again from Kai... and again, so no, it is definitely NOT working

I haven't personally experienced any duplicates, but that does not mean they don't happen.

Anyway, I still think it's important to explain precisely how duplicate protection works (should work), because I'd bet a larger amount of credits on that a majority of these reports are complaining about this erratic behavior and not an actual bug.

• 1 month later...

JackieKo,

Thank you for responding to posts and providing updates, it’s much appreciated. :)

For those of us trying to finish the Spoils of War gear sets for either the title unlock or cosmetic use in outfitter it has been difficult to say the least to obtain pieces we’re missing with the amount of sets available, RNG protection not working, inventory/equipment space available. Would it be possible to tie the RNG protection to the Feats of Strength > Equipment Sets so we could finish these without the current frustrations brought about since the 7.0 update? Perhaps you have other suggestions on how to finish these? I’m missing 1 piece out of a couple sets that would have been obtained during the rotation around January 2022 and when he stopped selling gear prior to the 7.0 update.

Your response would be greatly appreciated to shed some light on the situation.

Best regards,

Jacen

Update: As of 5/4/2022 the RNG protection for the Unidentified Onslaught Set Bonus Gear is not working. I received helmet of concentrated fire even though I have 2 in inventory (one is augmented). Bug report created. @JackieKo #JackieKo

Edited by JacenKraf
Updated with RNG protection failure 5-4-2022