Maintenance: March 24, 2020

DanielSteed

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should've been the temporary measure they took until they could figure out an actual solution. However, applying it to every op would've been too heavy handed. They should've just done it to the op in question, and if these farmers moved to farming other ops, do it to those as well until the farmers got the message...if they got the message.

hello and thank you for this fix... it sucks you literally had to remove enemies, and I hope y'all don't catch too much BS for implementing what is a necessary change.

I'm looking forward to being able to play group content for conquest now

There's probably a lot of players who don't do much group content and have never stepped foot in an Ops who are having a blast farming KP and meeting new people. I know I personally have had a lot of laughs running them.

Congratulations on killing some group content because people were enjoying it too much.

Yeah, it was actually a lot of fun at times — low stakes grind w/o a huge time requirement where people could get together - blow some sh*t up and get a reasonable reward for it.

Sure, removing trash from other ops' starting areas, even partially, may appear heavy-handed, but here I believe it's for the best.

Mobs can be and should be challenging at times though, and they lend to immersion. You really think Karraga's just going to let you stroll into his palace without resistance? Without mobs, ops become boss rushes. You want a boss rush? Go play the Eternal Championship!

In KP, the trash that actually provide any challenge are much deeper in than the entrance. After the third boss in my experience. Even then, trash is often perceived as unengaging at best (and tedious at worst) across a wide variety of group content. As for removing the trash from the starting area, it may be that Karagga could shift its security strategy and instead try to lull intruders into a false sense of security.

Nevertheless, my point still stands: these particular clumps of trash that were removed do not contribute to whatever difficulty the op may have at all, and that bosses contribute a lot more to an op's difficulty than the amount of trash. In fact, when people talk about what makes ops hard for them, they almost never refer to trash: very often it's a specific boss fight, and sometimes they point at specific mechanics or phases.

I'm pretty sure a boss rush would be well-appreciated, and run regularly, if the rewards (and difficulty) were appropriate for its length; the Eternal Championship currently does not provide much of a reward, maybe some CQ points tied to killing the last boss, but not much else.

You seem to be implying that a boss rush is easier than ops in their current form, or otherwise think trash contributes more to an op's difficulty than it actually does, whereas that just isn't the case. I'm pretty sure that Gods or Dxun, with all its trash removed, would still be harder than KP before the removal of the starting area's trash, assuming all the bosses and other trash-independent mechanics remain unchanged. (At least a trash-free Gods and Dxun would be more acceptably long)

Even then, trash is often perceived as unengaging at best (and tedious at worst) across a wide variety of group content.

It's the worst part of the game in my opinion - there are basically no trash mobs anywhere worth killing for any reason whatsoever - not xp, not loot, not for rare spawns, or rare drops. Outside of quest goals they are simply a time sink.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

All servers are once again available! Thank you for your patience.

With today’s maintenance we addressed an exploit involving the Scum and Villainy Operation. Players were able to intentionally evade the effects of Revolster, which made the Master Mode difficulty far easier than intended. As a result, some players were able to acquire a rare helm, title, and codex entry all which were removed from those players today. We will be doing a follow-up investigation this week to wrap up any outstanding actions.

Edited by DanielSteed

Hello everyone,

With today’s maintenance we addressed an exploit involving the Scum and Villainy Operation. Players were able to intentionally evade the effects of Revolster, which made the Master Mode difficulty far easier than intended. As a result, some players were able to acquire a rare helm, title, and codex entry all which were removed from those players today. We will be doing a follow-up investigation this week to wrap up any outstanding actions.

This is incorrect and I have confirmed it with several players, you have not removed the titles or codex entries from Hateful Entity, a few players have also confirmed that they had crests removed from chars which didn't partake in the exploit and other players have confirmed that they didn't lost crests gained from the exploit. Nor have you removed the titles from Timed Run, the achievement from the individual bosses or the special rewards from killing Styrak inside of S&V on Nightmare mode which is the Titan Six mount from the players who gained these things using the overleved exploit.

Best of luck with the follow-up investigation or this will end up resulting in this first case of an exploit that players will be regretting they didn't take part in, which in turn will result in them partaking in the next exploit.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Hello everyone,

Patch not available? It starts downlading and then "network connection error". I checked 3 times, nothing happens, I DO have working network.

Hello everyone,

I heard from a friend that several people who exploited Crests still have them and that they only appear to be gone from players who "overdid it" by farming Crests for a bunch of characters. Pure hearsay at this point, but if that's the case please be sure to remove it from the rest of the exploiters, too. And don't forget their Outfit Designer tabs, as you can get rid of an item and it doesn't automatically affect those.

Out of curiosity, what happens to SnV achievements and Titan 6 mounts earned during this period via the exploit?

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Hello everyone,

Hope you are aware that SNV isn't the only Operation where you can evade the level scaling effect and that you address this as well

Edited by driAK

Hello everyone,

what about the people who charged others, and recieved money to run them through the op, will they lose their credits too? (Before you ask, no I didn't run it , or profit from it in any way :) , haven't bother with gearing since 6.0, so have done any HM ops)

What's the purpose of removing some crests people got from before 6.0, while letting others keep their exploited ones? You also left survivals, kills and timed runs achievements untouched along with mount drops. I don't really see how this action serves any purpose, is fair to the player community or mitigates the damage from the exploit.

Maybe next time think about the action you are going to take, and weigh them before just *doing something* for the appearances, just removing legit stuff while letting some exploiters keep their ill gains is just unfair, especially considering how long it took to fix and how getting around the exploit required you to jump around extra steps like getting out of instance to respec.

I hope you do better with your further investigations, return the things that weren't gained with exploits and remove all the benefits people made out of it.

Hello everyone,

This is not true. I talked to several people that have the title from killing styrak on MM and in their achievement it still shows it. They also have the unique items from MM as well. Needs to be fixed.

It's basically a trophy. Some people like those kinds of things.

A better solution might be that no Xp or CXP is granted until completion of the instance... just sayin

That would be a good idea, but the effort to code it in may not be worth it. It obviously can be done to a certain extent, as you don't gain influence with your companion until you've turned in a mission.

In an ideal world, Bioware would not be handicapped from fixing things in the game because EA never would've reduced the studio to a flaming husk (and Anthem would've never existed, siphoning staff and resources from Bioware).

What's the purpose of removing some crests people got from before 6.0, while letting others keep their exploited ones? You also left survivals, kills and timed runs achievements untouched along with mount drops. I don't really see how this action serves any purpose, is fair to the player community or mitigates the damage from the exploit.

Maybe next time think about the action you are going to take, and weigh them before just *doing something* for the appearances, just removing legit stuff while letting some exploiters keep their ill gains is just unfair, especially considering how long it took to fix and how getting around the exploit required you to jump around extra steps like getting out of instance to respec.

I hope you do better with your further investigations, return the things that weren't gained with exploits and remove all the benefits people made out of it.

^^ This.

I've asked around a few people who got to keep their crest/titles, and who got them removed, and it looks like those who got them on the first week had their shinies and titles removed, but those who farmed the second week didn't lose anything. I may be wrong, and would be nice if anyone can confirm it.

However, removing legit titles and crests is beyond my understanding. And at the same time letting some exploiters keep their stuff? Seriously??

You need to return the legit items asap, there was absolutely no reason to take them away.

And if you can't remove exploited stuff from everyone who did it, return them to everyone who lost them. What you've done now is just incredibly unfair. If what you've done now was a mistake, own it and let your customers know how and when are you going to fix it.

Again the development staff find time to put out a Nerf where players have found a way to make up for poor design, a total fail on 6.0 crafting, and countless bugs and broken content. How about you actually fix broken content, act on player feedback instead of ignoring it and bring out content that is fun and functional.

Sorry for putting the focus back on KP: I agree with the quote above.

Bioware, you have to ask yourself the following: Why are players doing things like KP farm runs?

The last weeks were crazy. It seemed that 95% of the groups that were formed were for KP farm. I took part once in it, when it was a new thing. But not for conquest points. For renown points. It was so boring that I never did it again.

And still, a LOT of players did this massively boring, mind-numbing task over and over for weeks. Because they thought that it is still better than doing whatever other things this game has to offer.

Bioware, what does this tell you about your game? Could you try to find out why players rather do such a thing than playing the game in the way you intend? Why is there such a big mismatch between how you want your players to play your game and how your players want to play this game? These are questions you finally have to address and find answers to. Because it seems that every year you alienate your players more.

I know that you are working on fixing conquest. But ask yourself: Will your changes prevent players from finding an alternative route to the goals you want them to achieve? If yes, you fixed nothing. And I'm convinced they will look for it and then do it.

I give you one hint on which you should investigate more: rewards and incentives. Example: Look at The Eternal Championship. You want players to play that? Well, what do they get for it? Level 65 rewards (or something like that), and a measly amount of conquest points. How about offering golden level 75 gear crates and a much bigger amount of conquest points, as well as a bigger amount of renown points. Why would anyone in the current state of the game (or at least before the patch) do a TEC run instead of a KP farm run? There is no reason for it.

Another example: Uprisings. Ever since they were introduced, a good 99% of your players completely rejected and/or ignored it. You lowered the levels to 70 now, but the players are still level 75. I don't know why. Maybe you're testing something. Or maybe the amount of players doing Uprisings went down to 0 worldwide. Now, with the level difference, players are playing the Uprisings again. Not many, but definitely much more than before. What does this tell you, Bioware? Are you drawing any conclusions from that scenario which will help you developing your game forward?

Hello everyone,

Oh REALLY?

I know a guy who got the crest a long time before 6.0. And you took it from him. When he realized what happened, he was so shocked and angry, that he just logged off the game and removed it from the PC. Congratulations guys, you continue to dig the grave for this game.

At the same time I know at least three people who got their crests during this exploit "event". And they still run around wearing them and that title.

Is this fair? You guys must feel ashamed so much!