Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

I'm pretty disgusted to be honest. I assumed by the wording on the website that if I pre-ordered I would be able to play UP TO 5 days earlier if I wanted too... where the heck is my invite???

Pre order is a pre order, i'm shocked the company is so mis-leading in their product.

If I don't get in the next day or so, i'm cancelling because if this is anything to go by the companies behaviour then I for sure will not be playing the game.

Yes you will probably get 5 days as of right now it is 7 days, also i would like to say **** and cancel no one cares.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

Wording like this is completely ambiguous, I assumed it meant I have the chance to play UP TO 5 days early if I wanted to..

You can't do "anything" when it's an assumption on your part. Oh, and many lawsuits are won by using "wording." it always gets people. Anyway, it was very smart of them to do a staggered release. If they just opened the flood gates it'd be a nightmare.

Thanks for the update and a little insight on how the process is going. I probably won't get in early access at all since I pre-ordered the CE and had to wait to get the money together ... my order wasn't early and the code didn't arrive until OCTOBER!! :mad:

I know this is new territory for BW so I won't give much grief on the way it was handled, but I do hope they learned from their mistakes and there isn't a repeat of the issues people are currently experiencing.

To all those that make it into Early Access, grats! :)

Lots of EU peeps have logged in.

Oh, who cares if the EU get it or not? They get their CEs on the gosh darned 15th while we, the Americans, get it sometimes AFTER the 20th(for the unsung hundred of thousands who pre-ordered online). Should be the other way around if you ask me...but, anything's better than being an Aussie or Kiwi.

Boy, do I feel so wretched inside when I think of our Red Zone friend's predicament...

Also, for everyone asking for an estimated date range they gave you one. Sometime between today and the 19th. And yes it's too much to ask to be more specific.

If they told you they guessed you would get in tomorrow and you went off to work or school and then they were ahead of schedule and sent you your email while you were away you'd be pissed they misled you.

The only way for them to get you in as fast as possible is to just do it as fast as possible. There's no way for them to predict what unforseen issues might come up on the production servers.

Is it possible we can divide the whiney ragekids on a special "kiddie" range server(s). And servers for those of us who have learned the art of patience, and dont expect anything is given.

Aka Whiney nerdraging kids servers and grown-up servers. :rolleyes:

At this point of time, some of "us" you are probably tiling with that ragekid or "kiddie" brush are actually people that went and shirked out £5+ of our hard earned on the pre-order while being informed by the retailer "it's to secure your early access time" only to find we may not even get in until the 19th because of how slowly this whole thing is going.

Bioware 1mil + people, as Vinnie Jones would say...."Pull your socks up!"

For Christ's sake, just give people a estimated date range. Hell, I'd at least like to know what the scheduled rate of invites was projected to be. If I pre-ordered in the first 10 days do have a projected chance of getting in today or only 1st day redeemers?

Seriously, I don't need an exact time. People would like to know if they are, in fact, wasting their day looking for an invite that you suspect will not come today. It's like you're being ***** about this for the sake of being *****. What's the worst that can happen. You give your estimate and exceed it? People playing now (including my wife) are talking about how empty the servers are. Why are the testing the server load now? That's what the weekends were for.

What are you going to do on launch when 300K people show up at once? You don't really think all your subscriptions are gonna be pre-orders, do you?

its a freaking joke, they really need to give us date estimate been here for4 hours already.

Attention people who claim the "early access is a perk, a gift, a benefit, that isn't required and was never promised!"

I know for a FACT that a lot of people pre-ordered for early access.

I know for a FACT that pre-orders are instrumental to the video game industry because it allows the developers to ascertain how many to make and how many to accommodate for.

And I know for a FACT that employees and automated systems can fail. I work for GameStop and the employee had to manually put in a sku code for a pre-order code to print. If you pre-ordered with some newbie employee then I guarantee you didn't get your code.

It's absolutely absurd to release an early access this way.

I'm not angry because I'm not playing. I'm angry because my friends and guild mates are and they're going to be in different zones then I when I start to play.

As far as I'm concerned, I PAID for my early access when I pre-ordered it.

Early access isn't a gift or something that wasn't promised--it's the opposite. Early Access was a marketing tool to promote sales. Early Access was an advertisement.

I DO NOT WANT AN ETA.

I Want to know my probably Wave Number!

That way i can guess when im going in or atleast start refreshing when my wave is next..

Instead of refreshing for nothing.

This is a very simple given fact BW!

You dont upset people because you do not give them an ETA but atleast they can have some indication when its there turn!

Or say your number 1 million+ who pre ordered so far we have sended x numbers of invite to people. And everywave gets around 200k people in?

That was you also do not give a time or date, But still can people have an indication of how long its going to take!

I admit I thought it meant at least 5 days early, similar to all MMOs I've played previous - early play due to pre-ordering was that. Not "maybe" based on when you pre-ordered.

But regardless, not a huge deal. I will be a bit disappointed if I get 0 days however, due to pre-ordering. That sort of is breaking their promise at that point. But life goes on.. not a huge deal.

I'm a little nervous about the amount of qq on this forum. Not surprised, but nervous. Starting to think all the little wow babies are going to muck up this good game with their constant complaining. First world problems man.

Well true there is QQ, but the other part is not putting up a schedule. There is no excuse not to, I'm sorry but their just isn't.

The only part of this who thing I find truly disgusting....

They put a pre-order price on the boxes, thus they have made money from every pre-order....

So are you telling me that my £5 is only worth (worst case scenario) half a days early access and some colour crystal I have utterly no intention of using all because I was not sure weather to pre order or not because of how hard the rumor mill was grinding until I went into my local gamestation and saw the demo of the ingame footage for myself?

Not getting in first few days, I can accept.....not getting in until the last day....you bet there will be quite a few of us quite annoyed about it.

Afterall, and this is true case in point, the advertisement in the shops claimed that the pre-order was to pay for your early access, by internet standards, thats a heck of an expensive day I'll be paying for if it comes to that!

Your £5 was a deposit, it is not extra or in addition to the full price; it will be subtracted from the games cost when you are billed on the 16th. Seriously, try reading instead of jumping to conclusions