Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

How about you shut up. I spent £129 for a CE box and EGA. I don't care if its 5 days or 20 days EGA but it should be from the day the servers open which is today.

No it should only be that in your own entitled head clearly. You spend £129 for what you get with the CE, the Preorder bonus makes ZERO different what edition you bought and you get in based off their waves and such as was stated from the very beginning.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my pre-order when I was in Afghanistan, in July.

I didn't get my code (lol amazon) until I got out of the combat zone in September.

I have the next 3 weeks off for leave and I'm not complaining. Whenever I get the email, I get it. I'm just grateful to have the opportunity to play early.

Have patience, everyone.

Wow, math fail. You have all the info right there, but you still can't figure it out? The Digital Deluxe edition is $79.99. You have $5 + $74.99. That equals $79.99. You did not pay an "additional" fee. It's the total "fee" broken down into 2 parts.

I think we need to locate that facepalm emote still....

Thank you for your service.

I keep checking to see if i am in one of todays waves. Happen to be at gamestop lastnight 8 people ( all who were in the store) decided to buy the game after hearing the manager and I talk about the beta.

Not sure why some are complaining about the "launch." First, the launch is not till the 20th. We were told only up to 5 days early access based on our preorder date. The really seem to be working hard to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible. From what i have read and heard from people ingame the servers are stable and there are no excessive queswhich is a vast improvement over most MMO's. Anyone remember the hell of WoW's or AOC's launch to name but a couple of bad ones

Im in the UK so like everyone who ordered from GAME.co.uk I got screwed I ordered it on the 21st didnt get my code till the 26th but do I post here ************ at BW for game being ********, no I just wont order from them again as they have shown just how incompitant they are, I do want to say thank you to all the ******* in this thread however, pissing and moaning like they are entitled to 7 days early access when they were only promised 5 like they are special.

A quick note to all screaming about canceling over not being first in, thank you so much you are doing more for this game by canceling then the whole of BW could do, because you are dropping out before launch saving us constantly whining in the future, you are the true heroes of the MMO so once again thank you.

Also Again thank you ******* for posting your whiney posts so quickly just when I am done reading the latest there are 2 more pages to read, havent seen anything this funny since the special olympics

seen people complaining about a 5 dollar scam first of all the pre-order stated that you could play up to 5 days early. release date is Dec 20 for the US and Dec 22 for Europe. So as long as you are in by that time you got what you paid for, if you get in any earlier its just an added bonus. Sorry Europe you have to wait an extra couple days, but that was also stated in the pre-order agreement, if you didn't bother to read that, its your mistake, don't be mad at EA/Bioware because you are not informed. This is probably one of the Biggest launches in gaming ever give them there due time to make sure it goes off without a hitch instead of flooding millions of players onto the servers over a 10 minute time period, so you end up with a 7 hour log in que anyway.

We all paid, and we will all get to play, be patient, i know it sucks but complaining won't make it happen faster.

Man,i love how people don't read updates.

There was a very NOTICEABLE update which said that the relase date is Dec. 20 for everyone.

Troll................followed by Rage..................followed by threaten to cancel subscription........ if you read this post and you have done 1 of these 3 things you should join The Fatman server because i hear that's where your kind can all be annoying together :) and i'm sorry for the people that got assigned there from the guild program :(

Well, imho, we were told up to 5 days early, and anythign more than that is a bonus,

Thansk BioWare for getting us in sooner ...

No , im not in yet, but I have patience. and it will be rewarded.

relax people, the universe is up, and its going to be there for a long time :)

A lot of posts say they have paid money... is this an american thing? I haven't heard of anyone in england paying already - you pre-order - get free game access - then pay for the game on dec 22nd and keep playing

sounds pretty good to me :)

also sounds like lots of people are upset that they can't get in the game and rush to level 50 as fast as pos ... chill ... take your time; this game will be popular for at least a couple years so theres no rush.

Worst game launch ever, how the hell are you supposed to group with your friends to level up and enjoy the game when we all start at different times?

Don't think EA realise that when advertising withing the UK and EU `early access' as a feature of pre-order and then not delivering it for everyone at the same time, they are breaking the law, particularly when they have taken £5.00 deposit for the pre-order.

Wonder how many folks will have to complain to Trading Standards as a result?

They've always said that the order in which you get access to early game access will depend the day of redeeming your code. So what did they do wrong exactly apart from not inviting you personally into the game from the first minute? ;)

Must....Feed......the.....Addiction!!!!

Let's be honest. the only reason most of us want into the game right now, on a work day, is to try and get the names we want. Sure playing it will be fun. But to have the name of our choosing. That's what we are all really pissed about.

i dont see what all this fuss is about, imean comeon seriously stop complainning they are doing their best to satisfy your needs in their best effort not because you demand access to the game 2 days before the intended time schedule. If you have nothing to do but sit and wait on the forums trolling thats your problem not the rest of the world, decides you could like find an old game or something and play it instead of whinning and keep an eye out for the email they promised to send out.

Man :rolleyes:

What we have here, is a failure to communicate!!

I think a lot of people honestly misunderstand what Early Access REALLY means. Allow me to enlighten you a bit about it.

Early Access = A term used by any game developer/publisher/distributor to control the flow of traffic to said game. Most of you people think that early access is a gift. There is "some" truth to that. However, in fact early access is the companies way of handling all the customers how they see fit without us having any ability for legitimate recourse.

Name one MMO out there that had hundreds of thousands of pre sales to their game that didn't have an early access. They do it as a sales pitch but that isn't the real reason. Early Access allows them to do as they see fit for the launch of their game without you being able to take legal action to false advertisement.

They can't do this on the 20th. They would have a class action lawsuit on their hands. So by offering to us Early Access as a "gift," then they can run it how they see fit.

Now in knowing this, I don't have a problem or complaint about money or anything else. My only issue is with the way they have decided to go about it. Doing the launch (even though it isn't the official launch) in this matter hurts ALL of the people that showed loyalty by pre purchasing.

1. People have taken time off of work and sacrificing other things to be apart of the early access.

2. People may not be able to get the name they wanted now.

3. MMO's are supposed to be about community and grouping but your actually separating them like this which is a big part of a new game.

Anyway, like everyone else this is just my opinion on the matter. I really feel you have failed me greatly BW. I honestly would not have pre purchased if I knew early access was going to be ran like this.

Regardless, I am going to go back to bed and hope when I wake up the e-mail will be there. Thanks for getting my hopes up and letting me down. This is the first time for you BW... however it is a big one.

THIS IS SO LAME!!! I call false advertisement. Not only did I take the day off of work, but I spent all my gas and lunch money because I thought if I preordered it I would get in today... Might as well be Sony Entertainment Online running this game....

False Advertisement??? lol... it says UP TO 5 DAYS EARLY!!!!!!! Not 7!!!!!!!!

Also just run up stairs from your moms basement, she will give you more gas money, should have went to work at Burger Kings today........