View Single Post

TopAceOfEarth
01.25.2016 , 03:40 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[SNIP]
However, if a group of players is skilled enough to run through multiple Nightmare Operations in a single week, we should reward that appropriately.
First of I appreciate you listening and admitting you were wrong, but it might be too late for that already. I was expecting this response 2 days after the last announcement concerning this issue.

At this point I don't believe that 224 gear on NiM level will be enough incentive for veterans to stay and even bother.
The gear progression is long over, thanks to Highlighted Bore Mode. The very few new decorations you added have been farmed quite easily in whatever gear was available.

Gear is one of the major factors to keep running content. And there is no gear to get, even with 224 on all NiM bosses, everyone has it already who cared, this will not do in the long run to keep NiM raiders busy till whatever time you deem to reveal a new ops.
To be honest put 230 on all NiM bosses. That would at least keep some form of progression alive.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly. However, if a group of players is skilled enough to run through multiple Nightmare Operations in a single week, we should reward that appropriately.
I may go on a limp here, but getting BiS from Highlighted Bore Mode was possible as soon as all items were dropping. And literally and kind of "progression guild" or what is/was left of them/us was BiS the Week that Highlighted HM hit that had the option to get the missing piece.

You literally managed to do the opposite of what you were afraid of. You killed the gear progression and replaced it with bored farm content that you could do in mostly 198 gear and undermanned. If that was your concern I really hope you won't have many more concerns in the future or more of my friends and guild mates will quit this game for good.

So what you did was instead of allowing players to farm gear in NiM (aka the hardest content), like progression works in every game and did so well in this even, you arbitrary made a time table so everyone can get BiS in the same day no matter the skill level of said players, thereby removing player skill and any kind of differentiation of skilled raiders?

What is next, no more gear just bolster for all?
Increase repair cost to punish the people who do hard content, as no one else has to pay the piper (pvp, gsf, story stuff, etc)?

gg wp

Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
Sure, some might still miss the an 224 relic or implant or what not, but its irrelevant if you have your two or three nightmare raiding toons already in BIS.
You will only miss those if you can't 8m the 16m Ops
Halcyon Legacy
Might want to Bookmark https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/Cancel - cause they removed the button