Tech savy help pls

filipesantana

So I was playing on a Jurassic computer (core2 duo 2.1 with an ATI hd 4800 series)..which can u imagine made cap fps at 15(wzs) ability delay etc...all thus with everything on minimum including client.ini tweaks to go even below minimum...

I'm upgrading (today) to an i5 3570k and a gtx 570..pretty sure I will be playing a completely different game....

My question is,the CPU stock speed is 3.4...should u oc it if I want to play on ultra with steady fps above 60 everywhere?

What about the gpu? Should oc it to?

Thanks

Not sure this is the correct section of the forums, but here it goes:

My specs are basically:

AMD 6870 x1 (slight oc)

I5 2500k (stock)

8gb 1333 ram

Your computer could run this game at 60 fps minimum, mine does. No need to OC your CPU, it runs fine on stock speeds on a last gen chip. If you are into other things like producing videos and rendering though, overclocking will make that a better experience. (provided that you have a good cooler) As for the GPU, a safe overclock is fine and will get you a few extra fps, but airflow is important in you case so it doesn't overheat.

Edited by GamerElitist

Not sure this is the correct section of the forums, but here it goes:

My specs are basically:

AMD 6870 x1 (slight oc)

I5 2500k (stock)

8gb 1333 ram

Your computer could run this game at 60 fps minimum, mine does. No need to OC your CPU, it runs fine on stock speeds on a last gen chip. If you are into other things like producing videos and rendering though, overclocking will make that a better experience. (provided that you have a good cooler) As for the GPU, a safe overclock is fine and will get you a few extra fps, but airflow is important in you case so it doesn't overheat.

Thanks m8

So I was playing on a Jurassic computer (core2 duo 2.1 with an ATI hd 4800 series)..which can u imagine made cap fps at 15(wzs) ability delay etc...all thus with everything on minimum including client.ini tweaks to go even below minimum...

I'm upgrading (today) to an i5 3570k and a gtx 570..pretty sure I will be playing a completely different game....

My question is,the CPU stock speed is 3.4...should u oc it if I want to play on ultra with steady fps above 60 everywhere?

What about the gpu? Should oc it to?

Thanks

Do not OC, there is assumption that OC may lead to FPS drops due to very heavy load from game and CPU throttling.

I have a CPU that "many people" have overclocked and in many cases quite considerably.

However, I know that my system as a whole just doesn't need that overclock. There is always going to be some risk that an overclock could cause you some problems. More heat will be generated etc.

I'm using an Intel Core i7-3770 (3.40GHz Ivybridge). But it's not just the CPU. I've paired it with a GeForce GTX570.

End result is full detail and "plenty o frames per second".