Assassin or Sorcerer + Male or Female

YVictorII

Hi all. After getting 3 sorcerers and 2 assassins to 306 I'm having trouble deciding which one to main. I have more than enough 306 gear for both. I like the sorcerer's range, animation, and mobility, which are the exact same things I like about the assassin plus the fact that you can bypass most mobs which makes for quicker and smoother playthroughs. Which would you choose and why?

Another question is about the gender of the character. All of my sorcerers are female, while the assassins are male (I just like the way different armors look on them in my different RPs). I also like the female's awesome, maniacal, and sassy personality (a mix of Bellatrix Lestrange with even more sass) (though she does a poorer job delivering serious lines IMO), and I like the master manipulator, the dark lord of the sith (a mix of a James Bond villain and mass murderer) the male sounds. Which gender would you choose for which class and why?

Thanks in advance

The problem with male Inquisitor is that your *class story* romance companion (if you choose to pursue romances in the class story) is that Zavros woman, which makes some people reluctant, especially historically where there weren't any alternatives for companion romances. Granted, some people don't like the philosopher-pirate either, but ...

Oh, and the male VA's voice (in the English-language localisation) makes my ears bleed, almost as bad as the male Consular.

The problem with male Inquisitor is that your *class story* romance companion (if you choose to pursue romances in the class story) is that Zavros woman, which makes some people reluctant, especially historically where there weren't any alternatives for companion romances. Granted, some people don't like the philosopher-pirate either, but ...

Oh, and the male VA's voice (in the English-language localisation) makes my ears bleed, almost as bad as the male Consular.

umm what? Ashara is like one of the more popular companions (next to blizz and nadia). The reason more people are reluctant to use male inquisitors has to do with the story.

Your female Sith lord master tries to take over your body.

Both. They do better at different things. I have, counting Rep and Imp together, 11 Sage/Sorcs and 8 Shadow/Assassins on my main server. Not all of them are level 75 yet (three left to level), but they all have full sets with tuned stats (I do not micromanage my stats, but do make certain that I have correct numbers in accuracy and alacrity), as well as their appropriate tactical items.

There is no need to settle on one or the other. Once you have a single character at item rating 306 you will start to get a lot more gear and mods than you can use for that one character, so pass them over to others and gear them up. All end game gear in 6.0 is bound to legacy so gearing alts is quite easy.

Edited by ceryxp

umm what? Ashara is like one of the more popular companions (next to blizz and nadia). The reason more people are reluctant to use male inquisitors has to do with the story.

There has historically (on these forums, mind) been a fairly substantial level of antipathy toward AZ, mostly driven by her tendency to act like a self-righteous hypocrite, especially the self-righteous part, and I'll admit to a certain amount of that antipathy myself having played through the Inq story more than once, including the ccompanion stories.

There has historically (on these forums, mind) been a fairly substantial level of antipathy toward AZ, mostly driven by her tendency to act like a self-righteous hypocrite, especially the self-righteous part, and I'll admit to a certain amount of that antipathy myself having played through the Inq story more than once, including the ccompanion stories.

Really? I never noticed it, but I'll take your word for it.

She was very popular because she was the second most powerful dps comp before they they made the quests easy and made all companions the same. Back then the order was nadia > ashara > jaesa > risha > kira > others. Plus a lot of people liked her design I guess.

Okay... what about my sorc or assassin question? Any tips/suggestions?

For low end content like fps, sin is probably better.

For high end content like ops or pvp, sorc is better. Go sin only if you want to tank in PvE.

Edited by sithBracer

Personally I've been enjoying playing a female assassin as my main.

I don't have any advice on game content because I don't have any interest in End Game or PVP I'm just here for the story and not the drama or the speed runs or the politics or the jokes.

To me the female va is just better and the assassin has the more enjoyable game play, specifically the Darkness spec, as the spin to win and fragility of the other two specs just leave me disgusted and annoyed, respectively.

Best of luck and enjoy the game, it can be fun.