Known Issue - Advanced Yellow Blue Color Crystal

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know about a known issue that is coming with our Opportunist Bounty Pack this week. There is a new color crystal in the pack called the Advanced Yellow Blue Crystal. When you preview the item it looks very yellow and blue, very. However, when you equip the item, depending on the lighting the yellow can look a lot less distinct.

We wanted to make sure that you guys were aware of the color differential in case you want to "chase" after the item. We will also be placing this on the known issues list.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know about a known issue that is coming with our Opportunist Bounty Pack this week. There is a new color crystal in the pack called the Advanced Yellow Blue Crystal. When you preview the item it looks very yellow and blue, very. However, when you equip the item, depending on the lighting the yellow can look a lot less distinct.

We wanted to make sure that you guys were aware of the color differential in case you want to "chase" after the item. We will also be placing this on the known issues list.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Eric, ALL Cartel Crystals preview extremely poorly. The lighting effects in the preview is bad, the grey-blue background makes things look indistinct, and bloom is disabled within the preview which for whatever reason completely alters the colors. Bloom needs to be enabled in the preview window if the client has that setting enabled, so that the preview matches the "live" version, at minimum. Ideally the non-bloom color of the crystals would also be radically adjusted so that they look half decent.

Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

You know what would fix this issue? Fixing the preview screen in general because ALL colors look off.

Edited by Raansu

Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I take it your CM devs made a bet that they could make a crystal even uglier than the orange-yellow?

Giving the heads up for a bug in a patch that is not even out. That's a new one.

They did that a time or two in the past, but it seem to be a recent (and appreciated) practice.

Its not a really a bug....its just that bloom isn't enabled for the preview window. All the color crystals are like that.

I don't think that's what Eric's point is. It's not that the preview window is messy (which it is), it's that the yellow actually changes depending on the light (which sound supremely dumb, but then we have this yellow blue crystal which sounds even worse). Whereas in the preview window, it's very yellow. The crystal as a whole just sounds absolutely ridiculous -- I was hoping for a decent crystal to come out of the last pack -- but oh well. Let's hope the gear sets make up for it.

Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Didn't the crystal color guy visit the eye doctor? :rolleyes:

On another note, start doing more standard cystals okay? The last ones are fugly

Edited by jankiel

Does it work better if you turn bloom off in the graphic settings?

I turned off bloom and it helps quite a bit on other crystals. Not sure it will help in this case, but my guess is that it will. Also the preview screen is a lot more accurate.

Hey Eric, maybe it's because you guys were too lazy to flick on the bloom setting in the previews. Just maybe.

You know, you could just admit that all the previews don't feature bloom in any case instead of vaguely mentioning one particular example in your new pack. Being lazy/incompetent in your programming and design is one thing, pretending it doesn't exist and saying it's a problem with a specific example is just arrogant.

Edited by Subach

Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

The color of the crystals has never been accurate in the preview window. It isn't for any of them and hasn't been since launch. The bloom effects don't show in the preview window so unless you happen to turn that off on your machine the preview window won't match what the crystals look like in game.

The color of the crystals has never been accurate in the preview window. It isn't for any of them and hasn't been since launch. The bloom effects don't show in the preview window so unless you happen to turn that off on your machine the preview window won't match what the crystals look like in game.

Weapons weren't able to be previewed at launch...

Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

What needs to be done with this preview feature is to show how the crystals look when bloom is on. I think I'd not be so appalled by the crystal choices if I could see them with bloom the way I would normally see them in the game.

This is the first I have even heard about this crystal, and honestly it sounds weird as s***. Those colors don't really go together in my head. I have liked a lot of the other cartel colors, the different oranges are pretty nice, as is the mint green crystal. I don't know how this new crystal looks but it doesn't sound great. I'm hoping around x-mas we can get a dark red and dark green crystal, that would be nice. Not sure why orange has gotten so much love from bioware but I'm not complaining about it. Still trying to decide which orange to use for my Sith.