Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

That's completely stupid. By your logic all servers should be underpopulated for the sake of a couple of days.

they could add a few extra servers to speed things up, nad worse case scenario they have to merge a few of thrm in a cfouple of months, big deal.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

they could easily handle everyone at once, its about money tho, they want to have as few servers as possible to save money, remember EA owns them now.

Riiiiiight, so they spend a multitude of thousands on voice acting - even for obscure quest NPC's that a majority of players will never even speak to!

Sod this, I don't even care about early access anymore. I'm just gonna order off amazon and get it on the 20th.

Can someone tell me how to cancel my pre order with origin? Because they seem to have an inability to answer the phone, as well as never having any experts on hand to help with ANYTHING.

....you would rather wait until the 20th than get in on (at the very least) the 19th?

How exactly, does your thought process work?

i got a mail saying i will be playing today, and i should already been playing for DAMN 16 effing Hours and NOTHING..... not playing today = cancelling pre-order...

Why should you have been playing for 16 hours already? It's 10AM EST...

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you people?

You are entitled to up to 5 days of pre-order access.

This means that they can give you 1 hour of it, and are within their rights, ISPs do the exact same thing.

Yes, but Bioware will already know if there's any way they could let people who pre-order NOW, in 5 days before launch. If they can't, that's false advertising as NOBODY who pre-orders now would get 5 days, so it's not 'up to' if 5 days is an impossibility for those people.

Any estimates how many waves you had planned today?

That is a question worthy of an answer.

Another I would like to see answered is this:

Whats the latest "early access" date planned? Meaning, for people who couldnt pre order until closer to launch (or those with key redemption issues like me), how late will our access be? The 18th? 19th?

So...I am wondering how "early" I'll get to play...since I pre-ordered less than a week ago?

///was playing RIFT, guild made the decision to come over in November

////didn't have the $$$ to do it sooner

I'll live, of course. ;) I hope to at least get to play a day or two early, I am sure there is no way of knowing...hurry up and wait.

Still, hopeful girl is hopeful....

Why can't you tell us how many people have been released into early access and what date you are up to? I really don't see what that information could possibly hurt, plus it would give everyone a better idea where they potentially stood. Edited by Blynks

I'm sorry, this announcement doesn't clear anything up at all.

I was hoping to get an announcement about WHEN I would get early access so I could plan my work week around it. I know when I pre-ordered, and I realize that probably means I won't get early access until sometime around the 17th or later, I'm ok with that. I just would like to know WHEN I am currently slated. Under promise and over deliver. Tell me I"m not getting early access until the 19th and then send me my early access invitation on the 17th and I'll be thrilled. Wait to tell me I've got early access until the 17th at 2:00 pm and I'm not happy because you've had me sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out when I'll get in all week.

Just a suggestion as relates to Customer Service for you.

Riiiiiight, so they spend a multitude of thousands on voice acting - even for obscure quest NPC's that a majority of players will never even speak to!

what at ll does that have to do with servers and EE entry?? if it wasn't about money then what is it about?? explain?? its better to have more servers than not ebnough, they could always merge low pop servers in the future and it wouldnt hurt anything.

No the $5 was an early access charge.

This is a standard in the industry. That $5 charge is a pre-order fee, however, it is not separate from the purchase price of the game. Retail cost of the game (Standard Edition) is $59.99. When you put that $5 dollars down the amount you will pay when you pick up your copy is also subtracted by $5. So that final price will be $54.99 (less the $5 you already paid).

Yeah.. The "first and only day" also included the 24th, as I preordered and entered my code that very day (which my friendly GameStop employee was kind enough circle the code on my receipt and tell me to be sure to enter the code right away)

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.24.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Yea I didnt get that nice friendly one, I got the one that didnt make sure my receipt had a code :( lol owell it happens.

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

Dear BW,

Long time customer, first time poster. In all my years of supporting and playing your games I have never been more confused by your actions then right now. First off, you have been holding onto our money for 6 months and yet to provide a service to us. So giving a statement like "That's about as specific as we're going to get right now." is a straight kick in the balls to all of your obvious loyal community so far. There are people that have taken off time from work for this. People that have not slept ect. At the very least you OWE them a bit more of an accurate timeline. Early access is a gift.... ok. Tell me that when I can finally log in and my mates are 10-20 levels higher then I am.

Secondly, you doing this in waves is actually an illogical move. You have no idea what sells will be like on launch come the 20th. You "could" end up with 10 times what the pre-sales have been. So because you are taking us in on waves.... doesn't test your over all capability. With that being said, we expect server crashes and stuff on early access. This is the final chance for you to test server stability and your pissing all over the opportunity while at the same time on us.

Thirdly, just because I want to throw this in there. *** were you thinking going with EA. FAIL FAIL FAIL... the dumb *** that decided that needs to be fired. This is the LAST game I will ever purchase with EA.

Sincerely,

Confused and unhappy BW customer.

preorder July 22, 2011 enter code same day .... no email :(

if i go to my account on preorder

You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access
   Color Stone (Virtual Item) 

You can now download the game client and patch the game. Watch for an email invitation from The Old Republic team to begin your Early Access.

but on the account summary the preorder code option doesnt have a chekmark is this ok?

Edited by IanBlake