New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

Sorenia

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guild wars 2 isn't that good, and the SWG EMU's are unfinished and don't want to work to get all of my SWG stuff back like my mandolin armor and mounts and meh.... swtor is good right now although these gambling boxes are horrible.

I doubt GW2 was bad. It's just the rumor biodrones spread around.

One thing I'd like to point out to my fellow subscribers: Bioware will track what sells and what does not sell in the cash shop to figure out how to prioritize dev resources. I urge all subscribers to send Bioware a clear message that we are not pleased by this clumsy money grab. Support the game through our subs and criticism but do not buy these gambling boxes. Take a stand for the future of our game. Once Bioware sees that no one is falling for this trick, they'll have to actually make things that we want.

I never played STO. Can anyone tell us if people still buy these types of things? I can imagine that when they first launched, some people fell for it but they know better now.

In gw2, which I also play, no one I know bothers to buy keys to open the locked boxes. The boxes just get stacked in a single bank space. When someone happens to get a key, they open a box but no one I know buys keys from the cash shop. Does anyone know players who buy keys to open the lock boxes?

How did we already lose normal content when we are getting a new operation, a new warzone and new quality of life updates before the cash shop and the F2P model even begins?

I believe he means that the contents inside these gambling boxes would have otherwise been available by normal means such as part of a patch or an operation to name a few, but now we have to pay for the chance to obtain said contents.

Edited by DjSnazzyduds

I doubt GW2 was bad. It's just the rumor biodrones spread around.

No, it isn't, login issues, pathetic security, random banning, WvWvW has immense combat lag, the game not working properly on machines that are well above the minimum requirements, then take the raging over 'nothing to do' and GW2 is getting it's own first wave of whine-mania.

No, it isn't, login issues, pathetic security, random banning, WvWvW has immense combat lag, the game not working properly on machines that are well above the minimum requirements, then take the raging over 'nothing to do' and GW2 is getting it's own first wave of whine-mania.

None of that is true. For me, there are no login issues, no security problems, never been banned, no combat lag even with hundreds of people fighting, and no problem with the game running.

Im sure that some people could have issues running a game because of the various differences in built machines, but GW2 kills SWTOR in terms of how well it runs. For me TOR ran subpar, but GW2 is all high settings and consistant impressive framerate.

One thing I'd like to point out to my fellow subscribers: Bioware will track what sells and what does not sell in the cash shop to figure out how to prioritize dev resources. I urge all subscribers to send Bioware a clear message that we are not pleased by this clumsy money grab. Support the game through our subs and criticism but do not buy these gambling boxes. Take a stand for the future of our game. Once Bioware sees that no one is falling for this trick, they'll have to actually make things that we want.

I never played STO. Can anyone tell us if people still buy these types of things? I can imagine that when they first launched, some people fell for it but they know better now.

In gw2, which I also play, no one I know bothers to buy keys to open the locked boxes. The boxes just get stacked in a single bank space. When someone happens to get a key, they open a box but no one I know buys keys from the cash shop. Does anyone know players who buy keys to open the lock boxes?

They went a step further with STO.

Every time someone opens a box and gets a rare loot there is a system wide message to all players.

"Soandso has recieved 'X'

Then that player is spammed for the next hour with tells and mail from players wanting to buy said item from them.

Its like... TCG for SWG all over again. Awesome looking items, vehicles, and decorations... All payed for because people will obviously do it.

Except subscribers got free packs every month, and the TCG was interesting to play.

There's no game to play in a cash shop random box item, but there is gambling.

You really don't mind that we ALREADY lost normal content for these gambling boxes?

Where do you people get off?

What do you mean "Normal Content"? For the NINE months this game has been out, we have only seen 2 new ops, 2 new flashpoints, 1 warzone, we LOST Ilum PVP, and you're saying we're losing that trend of "Normal" content?>?? Oh please, even SWG at closing had a better track at content, 2006 and up they were churning out themeparks and ingame content at steady 3-4 month intervals.

I will give you this: One of the reasons we may have seen sucha drought in content may have been due to the development of the F2P and restructuring of the dev team, but JHChrist don't feel that the content has been churned out like candy and THIS F2P system is going to ruin it all when all you've ever known of this game is a handful of derp served in the first four months with a FIVE month drought.

LOOK at the gear sets we have, people. Tionese-Columi-Rakata are all the same models, WHY!? because theyre subtiers, all one tier. The blackhole/campaign gear is a new tier, with two subtiers so far. Don't get upset and worried until AFTER the 3rd subtier is launched and they haven't changed the armor appearance.

Edited by BlazingShadow

Except subscribers got free packs every month, and the TCG was interesting to play.

There's no game to play in a cash shop random box item, but there is gambling.

There will be random loot boxes on top of the ability to buy items directly from the shop. It won't all be random. And in SWG, subscribers got free packs every month, but more often than not they got -nothing- cool for ingame. You get actual token grants that can be saved up for this game's F2P.

It's not all bad. Sure, no card game, but I can deal with that if I can choose the loot I want directly.

None of that is true. For me, there are no login issues, no security problems, never been banned, no combat lag even with hundreds of people fighting, and no problem with the game running.

Im sure that some people could have issues running a game because of the various differences in built machines, but GW2 kills SWTOR in terms of how well it runs. For me TOR ran subpar, but GW2 is all high settings and consistant impressive framerate.

None of it for me either, but the issues are there and are very real, Arenanet themselves have been working around the clock since launch to fix them all, I am not claiming one game is better than another, just debunking this idea that Guild Wars 2 has nothing wrong with it.

Isn't this just the second half of Tier 2 gear? Wasn't the second half of T1 just recolored too? :p Although I agree the boxes could go horribly wrong, I think the art is a silly thing to complain about. Bioware obviously doesn't want us to wear the endgame armor, which is why they made most of it look so bad.

I play STO, I was one of the very unlucky ones who bought a lifetime to the game.

If lockboxes are coming here as well, then this game will head the same way sto is. Right into the ground! :(

QTF, as this guy can clarify, the FACTS I quoted about STO's downward spiral are quite true.......and relevant.