Maintenance: April 21, 2020

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on April 21, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1.1.

Details:

DATE: April 21, 2020

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1300 - 1700 GMT+1)

VERSION: 6.1.1

Patch notes are available, here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Edited by CommunityTeam

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am 21. April 2020 nehmen wir die Server offline, um Spiel-Update 6.1.1 aufzuspielen.

Details:

DATUM: 21. April 2020

ZEIT: 1600Uhr MEZ bis 2000Uhr MEZ

Die Patch-Notizen werden hier verfügbar sein: http://www.swtor.com/de/patchnotes.

Danke für eure Geduld, während wir die Dienste für Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ aktualisieren.

In March the time in Europe was changed. Now is "Central European Summer Time" (CEST).

The time is right. You just forgot to change the word MEZ to MESZ.

Incorrect: "1600Uhr MEZ bis 2000Uhr MEZ"

Correct: "1600Uhr MESZ bis 2000Uhr MESZ"

Glad to see fixing Felix so doesn't sound like Zenith (or Theron).

BTW my JC wants Zenith back. I just did most of the final chapter with him as companion. He was great. I particularly liked his response when darkside shadow wantedt to sacrifice his health instead of own. Too bad he's not romanceble for dark jedi consular.

Looking forward to seeing the changes to Conquest!

Disappointed that the promised 6.1.1 fixes for the Lord of Pain set did not make it. Or a fix to the broken utility that shortens the Knight/Jugg cooldown to Leap. Hopefully, next time.

Lots of old bugs getting squashed here, like the askew blaster bolts on space missions.

Thanks especially for fixing those empty renown crates for smugglers! I have a nice stack of them just waiting to be opened.

The event currencies were already converted to legacy versions with 6.0. Is this update converting the remainder of the character-bound ones to the legacy versions introduced with 6.0, or is it consolidating all versions (the character-bound and the 6.0 legacy-bound ones) into one legacy-bound version?

Disappointed in the nerfs to Gathering Storm, but I guess its ok since I was working on the two healing sets already. I hope these changes to Sage healing will help. I still prefer buffing under-performing sets to nerfing over-performing ones in the effort to promote horizontal progression.

Stay safe in the pandemic and thanks for keeping the game going!

Happy a lot of these bugs are addessed but like.. for real, what about the Discipline menu not being able to close with the esc key since its implementation? Companions still lag behind pretty far every now and then, an unknown number of random cartel market items lack the preview button across most of the set beside 1 or 2 pieces (just inconsistent, not really an issue), claimed mounts from collections duplicate onto your quickbars still, the crew on the Gravestone are still apparently going to be there no matter where you are in Kotfe-Kotet (I believe I saw someone from BW say this was going to be dealt with this patch), character sheet icon still flashes for no reason, and there's a lot more I've known of and seen reported for years but nada.

I'm just surprised many receive no acknowledgement at all.

So let me get this straight:

Operative heal get a nerf + small buff,

sorc heals gets whatever this is

And merc heal gets a buff???

What is wrong with you? Do you even play a healer class besides merc or do you expect all of us to switch to merc because it´s your favorite class that isn´t overpowered enough already?

A buff on kolto shell - so that the easiest class gets even easier ...

Hello everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on April 21, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1.1.

Details:

DATE: April 21, 2020

TIME: 7:00AM - 11:00AM PDT (1500 - 1900 GMT+1)

Patch notes are available, here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Any word on a Cartel update with this one?

So you rework the Sorc healer, ending in what looks like somewhat of a buff to HPS potential but ultimately nerfing a lot along with it and destroying the fluidity of the rotation allowed by the set-based cooldown reduction on Innervate. At least they'll have an actual choice of tacticals now, but that's a weak consolation for the actual serious buff Sorcs were hoping for. Not to mention you nerfed Roaming Mend so hard that the tactical merely brings it up to just a couple percent above the healing potential it had before the rework, just spread differently.

Then you nerf the Operative healer in order to nerf the Operative DD specs, and offer basically nothing (a minor QoL buff) in return. This was the middle-of-the-road, "balanced" healer, and certainly didn't need any sort of nerf. Then, then, to top it all off, you take the most absurdly overpowered healer class we've ever seen in this game compared to the other two and buffed it significantly.

Dev team, do you guys even play this game at all? You've created an environment where players are actively discriminated against for which class of healer they play to the point where a second Sorc isn't even considered by most NiM pugs (one is already pushing it; his mere presence has to be "compensated for" by the other healer), Operatives are accepted so long as there's only one, but really everyone just wants Mercs to the point where the disadvantage to having two of them (shells) is outweighed by just how OP their healing output is. Yet somehow, after months of this, you've now managed to make the divide worse.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Rocket boots should no longer be automatically favorited when creating a new character on an account that has it unlocked.

Will it be removed for existing characters, or only for newly created ones ?

The real issue is that Rocket boots cannot be selected/unselected indivudually. You can only select it by clicking Favorite All and unselect it by clicking Unfavorite all. But guess what happen with all your mount selected or unselected ? Yeah, you have to manually select or unselect each mount individually.

Please, clarify if this is what you fixed. I don't mind if Rocket boots is removed from that screen, for all characters (old and new), since I never favorite it. But if it stays there, it needs to be a selectable/unselectable checkbox.

Edited by ytrenor

So you rework the Sorc healer ...

Dev team, do you guys even play this game at all?.

Yes they play it, but they want you to play at least 2 classes and farm more sets and tacticals.

Because they want you to spend more time and money.

Sorc will probably be the best PvP healer with endless offensive and merc/operative the best operations healer.

Someone said Merc will be nerfed in 6.1.2 but that will take some more months because Eric wants his favourite class nerfed last, as always. They have all the data, I don´t know why this takes so long.

And what I think is unfair: sorcs need 2 different sets and tacticals now. (Make that 3 sets for 70 and 75 PvE.)

You spent your time and credits on rev mystic? Too bad, that set is garbage now. Have fun searching for endless offensive while merc and operative can just buy their BIS sets.

Edited by Ahwassa

Yes they play it, but they want you to play at least 2 classes and farm more sets and tacticals.

Because they want you to spend more time and money.

Sorc will probably be the best PvP healer with endless offensive and merc/operative the best operations healer.

Someone said Merc will be nerfed in 6.1.2 but that will take some more months because Eric wants his favourite class nerfed last, as always. They have all the data, I don´t know why this takes so long.

And what I think is unfair: sorcs need 2 different sets and tacticals now. (Make that 3 sets for 70 and 75 PvE.)

You spent your time and credits on rev mystic? Too bad, that set is garbage now. Have fun searching for endless offensive while merc and operative can just buy their BIS sets.

As much as I want you to be wrong, I'm afraid you could be onto something. Except in my case and that of a lot of the people I raid with, class imbalance doesn't lead to wanting to play more classes; it leads to just playing less SWTOR.

The most basic principle I expect game developers to uphold is that they strive to make all of their classes (specs, kits, heroes, whatever playstyle diversity they put into the game) viable at every level, even if the execution of that isn't always perfect. If something is clearly over- oder underperforming, at least admit that and make changes in the appropriate direction rather than doubling down on the imbalance and making it worse. Why have said diversity at all if you're restricted to one or two choices anyway because the rest can't compete?

As for sets, I couldn't agree more. The other two healer classes have clear winners for their BiS sets, both of which they can buy from the vendor, whereas it looks like Sorcs will have to farm and optimize 2 new sets, one of which is an op-only drop, to remain competitive, despite that their sets are a much less significant part of their kit's power than for the other two classes. I admittedly like the new tactical diversity if it actually leads to Sorcs swapping frequently, though. Tacticals don't require stat min/maxing and augmenting like a new set; you just swap it out real quick and it's like having a second talent tree. It sucks only having one that's viable, and if they ever get around to nerfing Mercs that broken tactical is where they need to start.

I literally gasped when I saw that in the patch notes. At last! :)

Indeed!!

For those who don't know what we're talking about, from the patch notes:

Felix Iresso will no longer do an uncanny Zenith impression when healing players.

Finally!!

Except in my case and that of a lot of the people I raid with, class imbalance doesn't lead to wanting to play more classes; it leads to just playing less SWTOR.

Same. The more openly broken merc heal is, the more I hate the class. I consider deleting my merc/commando. But I know I need them for cheevos.

I also play less and mostly do achievement stuff - alone.

Merc heal set and tacticals will be nerfed in 6.1.2, whenever that will be live.

TLDR: How can BioWare justify completely changing a set bonus effectively resetting the grind for anyone who mains that class?? Are we going to get the resources refunded so that we can pick a different set?

As someone with the Founder title, I have just returned to the game after a couple of years off because all the servers were sparse when I left. It was great to come back to a single, much more populated server and a better gear progression system that reduced RNG and supported alts. So lots of improvements.

However, some things don’t change, like the UI bug (disappears completely sometimes when loading into a flashpoint) and dropping through a pipe that you’re walking along.

Even though I subbed for the whole time I was away to support the game (so came back with just over 19000 cartel coins) I think I will be unsubbing finally, and here’s the thing that tips me over the edge.

As a returning player it’s hard enough anyway to get to grips with the controls again, the new abilities, class changes and all the other changes, but you get on with it and enjoy the game. You start the endless grind to gear up your alts (if which I have 23).

After you’ve spent all that time to get your main geared up to 306 and you finally buy the set bonus (because not even one piece dropped during the grinding process) so it costs you 18k parts & 6Mil credits plus all the hours of playing to earn those (not to mention the cost of pulling out mods, augment kits and augments), you feel pretty pleased with yourself. That was me on Wednesday last week.

AND THEN ... BioWare drops such a massive change on a set bonus that makes all your hard work completely wasted because that set is absolute trash now. If you haven’t guessed, my main is a Sorc healer. How can this happen? If a set bonus needs to be rebalanced, rebalance it but don’t change it completely?!?

I just can’t believe that all the time I’ve spent grinding is now a complete waste and I have to effectively start over again. Not to mention that credit rewards are so low now making 6m isn’t easy unless you play the GTN.

Edited by Nium

I just can’t believe that all the time I’ve spent grinding is now a complete waste and I have to effectively start over again. Not to mention that credit rewards are so low now making 6m isn’t easy unless you play the GTN.

Yep, BioWare yet again fails to understand the concept of fairness. First they force some classes to farm Dxun HM for an RNG chance at maybe getting to roll on a random piece of their BiS set just to be competitive with most other classes which can just buy their sets from the vendor for 18k fragments. Then they completely reset the grind for a single class only, forcing Sorcs who want to be BiS to now farm two new sets, one of which is an ops-only drop, all because they - not the players they're punishing - failed to balance their classes right the first time.

...and then they buff the already-OP healer to keep Sorcs irrelevant despite the rework. Well done, BioWare.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

...and then they buff the already-OP healer to keep Sorcs irrelevant despite the rework. Well done, BioWare.

They will nerf merc healer in 6.1.2 but this incompetence hurts me a bit.

I shouldn´t wish this but I hope they nerf concentrated fire and rocket fuel vapor so much, that merc players too have to farm for different sets. But since Eric loves this class so much, it won´t happen.

I waited so long to play PvP and with 6.1.1 I thought class balance would be finally better, but no.

If the enemy team has a merc healer I can just stuck. Thanks BW now I have to wait 2 more months.

After you’ve spent all that time to get your main geared up to 306 and you finally buy the set bonus (because not even one piece dropped during the grinding process) so it costs you 18k parts & 6Mil credits plus all the hours of playing to earn those (not to mention the cost of pulling out mods, augment kits and augments), you feel pretty pleased with yourself. That was me on Wednesday last week.

AND THEN ... BioWare drops such a massive change on a set bonus that makes all your hard work completely wasted because that set is absolute trash now. If you haven’t guessed, my main is a Sorc healer. How can this happen? If a set bonus needs to be rebalanced, rebalance it but don’t change it completely?!?

I was rather taken aback by this development. Not that I didn't have warning. It's been on the PTS. But this isn't the kind of material I most like to test there. I'm not a top-tier player in terms of ops and whatnot. If BW were inclined to make a change like this, I didn't know what to say to try to talk them out of it (not being able to offer the same level of expertise that informs my discussion on crafting changes). I suppose at some level I hoped that other people might persuade them not to do this and it might not ultimately happen. Now it's here.

It does feel somewhat unfair to have a set bonus totally changed. Not just because of having to grind a new set in itself - I already have the new "best" healing set from conquest crates - but because of how much of an investment can go into getting one's preferred amplifiers on the armor shells. Amplifiers are by no means obligatory, and in most cases I haven't invested a lot. But my main is a sage healer and I "treated myself" to getting the best amplifiers I could for her (soon-to-be-previously) best set. It was literally the only set that I got my absolute preferred amplifiers at their maximum level for each and every piece. Amplifiers on armorings and mods can be shifted to the new set. Amplifiers on shell bonuses cannot. I feel sad at having the set bonus on which I made that investment changed after only having a few months to even enjoy it.

On top of that, this feels like the end of an era. As far back as I can remember, a sage healer always had a set bonus that reduced the cooldown on healing trance. Perhaps it's not unreasonable to take it away, as it would naturally feel like a set that offered that bonus would always be the preferred one... nothing else could compete. By removing that, perhaps space for choice is opened up. But I think many of us liked the cooldown reduction and were so accustomed to it that, in effect, the reduced cooldown was the "real" cooldown (since we were all using the set bonus that granted that cooldown). It's going to be strange playing sage without it.

Perhaps it's not unreasonable to take it away, as it would naturally feel like a set that offered that bonus would always be the preferred one... nothing else could compete. By removing that, perhaps space for choice is opened up. But I think many of us liked the cooldown reduction and were so accustomed to it that, in effect, the reduced cooldown was the "real" cooldown (since we were all using the set bonus that granted that cooldown). It's going to be strange playing sage without it.

It's reasonable from a set design perspective if they're trying to give Sorcs an actual choice of sets, but very unreasonable from a class design perspective. It's more than just being used to it, it's vital to a Sorc's healing rotation to not have that wasted filler GCD and have to constantly delay Resurgence to make sure that buff goes to Innervate. The entire rotation goes from feeling fluid and "right" to being very clunky and uneven.

If they're going to take it from the set, which in itself is okay, they should make it baseline, otherwise that filler GCD is here to stay. Guess it's a chance to DoT the boss if nothing else.

It's reasonable from a set design perspective if they're trying to give Sorcs an actual choice of sets, but very unreasonable from a class design perspective. It's more than just being used to it, it's vital to a Sorc's healing rotation to not have that wasted filler GCD and have to constantly delay Resurgence to make sure that buff goes to Innervate. The entire rotation goes from feeling fluid and "right" to being very clunky and uneven.

If they're going to take it from the set, which in itself is okay, they should make it baseline, otherwise that filler GCD is here to stay. Guess it's a chance to DoT the boss if nothing else.

Thing is, with the changes to other skills, you do not want to use Resurgence always for Innervate anymore, unless you are really low on force and out of Force Surge charges and need the Innervate crit to get the charges to make some force. Which is not that often - because Revivification no longer consume the Force Surge stacks - so you should have enough stack to use most of the time.

You will want to use Resurgence for Roaming mend as before and then either for Revivification instant cast in case you need to place aoe healing somewhere, or Dark Infusion (as it now reduces cooldown by 0.5s, so the skill goes off faster and then you also get the free Dark Heal proc).

It felt weird on PTS, you will get used to it eventually, but after so many years it does take time (I mean.. I knew what I should do, but my fingers are so used to old innervate cooldown I messed it up even after hours of playing there... and do not even start about the revivification, when I tried to instant cast it with 3 stacks so many times and stood there channeling the full cast). However since I go for the EO set, my "rotation" will be completely different with Volt Rush mixed into the bag, so I would need to adjust my skills usage anyway. On one hand it feels annoying to re-learn the spec, on the other it makes sorc healers to step out of comfort zone and have more choices in how to play, what set/tactical they should use in which fight...which is a good thing.

But to end on the bright side - if merc healers will get some nerf in the future and come to complain to forum, sorc healers will be there prepared with popcorn to watch the show, because as we saw devs will not back down. :rak_03: