Boost Carnage

Minroy

I wish you guys could boost the damage for carnage because every time I play pve with it, I feel behind in damage compared to other players playing different classes. Maybe make ferocity armor pen a passive and boost alacrity for berserk. I just really think carnage deserves better playtime, it's the most fun class I've played honestly.

It's a leveling spec.

Not every spec needs to be built for endgame purposes. So if one is better to level with then it stands to reason it doesn't need to be better for everything else, Carnage has a place.

It's a leveling spec.

No. It isn't. Your assertion is absurd and unfounded. I'd be interested to learn why you believe that.

And actually, it is TERRIBLE to level with because it matures so late. Combat has no place, honestly, and it should...in PvP. The reason people play it is because it is fun (once it matures) in PvE, and it used to be amazing in PvP.

It needs to be buffed.

Not every spec needs to be built for endgame purposes.

Disagree completely here. They absolutely do.

So if one is better to level with then it stands to reason it doesn't need to be better for everything else, Carnage has a place.

It does need to be better, because we're left with only two options otherwise. Combat really doesn't have a place right now, and it most certainly should. It used to be THE PvP specification.

Edited by Sappharan

It's a leveling spec.

Not every spec needs to be built for endgame purposes. So if one is better to level with then it stands to reason it doesn't need to be better for everything else, Carnage has a place.

SWTOR is not the type of MMO to justify how weak a class performs in PVE or PVP because it's a "leveling spec" leveling can take a couple days at most if you really commit to it and when it comes to basic PVE content like story....your companion can take care of most of the threats presented.

With how quickly leveling occurs in SWTOR, a player can spend 1-2% leveling a class and the rest of it in "endgame" so balancing a class to excel in that 1-2% period would be a horrible decision.

Edited by Csjbo

Agree 100%. Ever since they took away nearly everything combat once had in 2015, it has been a hard journey. Nowadays it seems, the spec is only playable with the 10% Guild-Alacrity Buff. Make it happen again, give my "Leuchtende Klinge" a new Life. WIth only 5% i feel like an old retarded jedi already retired.

What is the "go to" endgame pve spec right now?

Annihilation/Watchman is the most common in my experience, but I’d argue it’s also harder to play effectively than Fury/Concentration while also doing less damage in most situations due to burst specs being generally better for solo and flashpoint content.

Fury/Conc has a fixed rotation that is easy to learn, easy to recover if messed up, seamlessly switches to AOE, and does high damage in all situations. Anni/Watch is strong in most situations, but has to ramp up its rotation and has to be constantly applying, spreading, or reapplying DOTs, which can be tedious in solo or flashpoint situations. It’s excellent against single boss engagements or major add phases like in Dxun 2 and 3.

So in short, if you’re a relatively new Mara/Sent player, I recommend Fury/Concentration.

Latest data suggest carnage is topping (or close to it) dummy parses:

http://parsely.io/parser/stats

How exactly is beeing 13th (of 18) and bellow average (-0.19) dps suggesting "topping dummy parses"? :confused:

Surely you didn't look at the 10mil parses, right?

Because that would be just silly, considering there is a grand total of 1 (in a word: one) parse for carnage and some classes aren't even listed, because they don't have a single 10mil parse (because everybody parses with the 6.5mil dummy).

• 1 month later...
This is what I feel like when I play Concentration when I really want to play Combat...but Combat is not good:

I dont want to judge here. Sure Combat is in a bad spot right now but still if u know how to play the spec properly u get your numbers. U have to work hard for your dps tho harder than most dps classes or specs these days. Carnage needs major buff. In my opinion remove the stacks and give us back how the Precision/Ferocity used to work. then we are back in the game with the Carnage/combat spec

Cheers - May the Force be with U obviously the Force isnt with the Combat/Carnage girlsNguys ;P

I dont want to judge here. Sure Combat is in a bad spot right now but still if u know how to play the spec properly u get your numbers. U have to work hard for your dps tho harder than most dps classes or specs these days. Carnage needs major buff. In my opinion remove the stacks and give us back how the Precision/Ferocity used to work. then we are back in the game with the Carnage/combat spec

Cheers - May the Force be with U obviously the Force isnt with the Combat/Carnage girlsNguys ;P

I have done. It is simply that dying a thousand times to get the damage in is not what I call fun. I am not a good player, but I edge toward competence. That is not false modesty...when I play well, I am decent, but when I play poorly...ouch. My DPS can range anywhere from 5k (at worst) to 10k (at best). Typically I range around 7-8k. My numbers dropped quite a bit when I moved to Concentration because I am not as familiar with the spec. Even after months of playing Concentration, it is not comfortable. I guess it's just not my playstyle.

DPS is not the problem I am complaining about, though. It is burst. Combat has no burst. It used to be THE burst spec for Sentinels. Now it is lackluster to mediocre at burst. It is my opinion that burst, significant burst, should be restored to Combat because it lacks CC immunity and as a result, it is squishy. All the dcds in the world do no good when they cannot be activated due to stuns. The one that CAN be activated during stun (Rebuke) requires a utility point, and *IT* is a stop-gap measure at best.

First off soley looking at parsely logs to make a judgement on what's good or bad is wrong.

Second you can get 20k+ dps with average crits by literally just spamming massacre, how does that need a boost? instead of a "redesign" on the tactical. 1 button spam. :rak_03:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/824016135909277696/841372909197066320/Ixales_StarParse_2021-04-29_14_59_11.png

Carnage also did get a "boost" when white damage got increased and it's damage is more or less fine as it is now.

Edited by dready_tv

Second you can get 20k+ dps with average crits by literally just spamming massacre, how does that need a boost? instead of a "redesign" on the tactical. 1 button spam. :rak_03:

Yeah, we're coming at it from different perspectives. I could not care less how it performs in PvE. It is PvP that concerns me.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, we're coming at it from different perspectives. I could not care less how it performs in PvE. It is PvP that concerns me.

It's semi-viable in PvP but it suffers from not having an ability like Force Crush which grants CC immune. Something like reworking Gore so that it's on a longer CD but applies it's e-net effect for longer would make it a lot better, if not overpowered.

Its on-demand burst and damage is pretty good already and can create a ton of early pressure, but it's missing a lot in its kit to where damage is the only thing it can do. The lack of utility like Fury has is what needs to be fixed. Impossible to play? No, but it's a lot worse than the other options because it's the weakest without CC immunity and the defense boosts of the other specs.

It's semi-viable in PvP but it suffers from not having an ability like Force Crush which grants CC immune. Something like reworking Gore so that it's on a longer CD but applies it's e-net effect for longer would make it a lot better, if not overpowered.

Its on-demand burst and damage is pretty good already and can create a ton of early pressure, but it's missing a lot in its kit to where damage is the only thing it can do. The lack of utility like Fury has is what needs to be fixed. Impossible to play? No, but it's a lot worse than the other options because it's the weakest without CC immunity and the defense boosts of the other specs.

Agreed, for the most part. I do not think Combat would be overpowered if a change were made as you suggest, because it is single target damage. Yeah, you can make Combat work now in PvP, but again, it usually suffers a lot to get its damage in.

Edited by Sappharan

• 8 months later...

I agree with this player. We need to have old carnage and what It offered. Although it would have to come with old ravage animations to make it spectacular.

I wouldn't mind simple flat damage boost. Just like Arsenal, carnage marauder suffer for nearly 5 years not being reliable in operations. Even if you spam your keyboard like crazy, you won't compete with annihilation.

Sad truth yes, will it be addressed by 7.0 ? Who knows...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I agree with this player. We need to have old carnage and what It offered. Although it would have to come with old ravage animations to make it spectacular.

I wouldn't mind simple flat damage boost. Just like Arsenal, carnage marauder suffer for nearly 5 years not being reliable in operations. Even if you spam your keyboard like crazy, you won't compete with annihilation.

Sad truth yes, will it be addressed by 7.0 ? Who knows...

Haven't played in several years myself but am giving it another month for giggles. I will forever remember the days of Anni being garbage unless you really knew how to play it well, smash being faceroll and incredibly fun, and carnage being an absolute truck. Ah the good ole days.

First impressions of playing Combat sentinel up to 80:

-I kinda miss Fanged God Form, but also kind of enjoying putting more thought into my attack pattern. Not a bad thing

-The speed boosting options for Combat seem to make things feel smooth.

-I thoroughly enjoyed setting up Triple-Zen-Precision-Lance:csw_bluesaber: spam using the "No cooldown for Lance during Zen" option

--This eats up your focus and puts you into a recovery phase, but it was fun :)

• 1 month later...