Watchman - Zen use on Infernal Council.

Llightning

I'm sure people are aware of this but I couldn't find any relevant post to the issue, I'd primarily been playing Combat until last week but decided to give Watchman a proper chance after being unimpressed with it in early levelling game.

During the Infernal Council encounter I was placed on a Marauder due to me being one the better geared players and my high damage output, I found myself getting the debuff and unable to damage my target for 60s after the encounter reset I'd realised that my use of Zen and the party heal must have been the cause of the debuff so I was placed into a party by myself rather then lose the Burn crit advantage using Zen gives me this worked and we defeated the encounter no further issue, luckily I was the only Sentinel in the Operation but I can see this being a problem if you have 3 or more Watchman Sents. Does this encounter make the use of all Centering abilities useless unless your in a party alone? I'd rather not drop the use of Zen (or Inspiration) for an encounter and surely there could be a safeguard added allowing us to use them, maybe adding a mechanic that only allows party abilities like this only cast on the caster during the fight?

you need to be placed in a sep. group, that way our zen and party healing buffs wont help any other players.. thus u wont get the buff.

its a bug they have to fix. its not like we are casting a direct heal. its a talent spec and we cant control it. thus we should not be penalized for it.

so the workaround/fix is to have sent. be put in time-out. in there own group so no one will get the benifit of our heal buffs but us..

problem solved.

Yeah I was placed in a group alone after it happened and it was fine, my issue is why should we be and what happens if you have more Sent's then spare groups.

2nd poster - don't use it is all well and good but again I ask why should we? Zen is a good chunk of dps output I use Zen on 30 stacks religiously it's part of my rotation and on a mob with the health pool that the Marauder's have we shouldn't have to sacrifice one of our primary abilities and if I'm not mistaken buffing a Party member gives you the debuff too so inspiration is going to cause the same issue.

gives you the debuff too so inspiration is going to cause the same issue.

no it doesnt, u r talking about heals aka shields which count as healing done.

noone cares how fast u can kill ur mob, u can kill him without zen with ease. i wiped 2times already in nightmare cause the healers couldnt kill their mobs and died while the mobs had ~5% left.

what happens if you have more Sent's then spare groups.

again: dont use it???

Edited by flowqz

its not uncontrolled and its no proc, its part of the zen ability. u are forbidden to heal your allies, so just dont use abilitys that heal your allies aka dont use zen. sry but there are way more important things to change as an ability u think should work on an encounter, while the mechanic of it clearly states it shouldnt. Edited by flowqz

just dont press the button... the groupbuffs u can provide (15%dmg + healing for 15s + 10% defense) will help your healers to kill their mobs.

This.

ONLY healing or damage affects other fights and give a debuff (Interrupts and debuffs like Pacify also do NOT give the debuff). Use your first 30 on Inspiration and then the rest of them on Transcendence. Even without Zen, you should be either the first kill or very close in time to the first kill.