7.0 Changes are NOT what was promised.

Aberd

7.0 is a longterm step in the right direction. tweaks are still to come even tho i hope they dont change their direction just cuz some kids are crying their eyes out in these forums...honestly either adept or just leave the game

You may get your WISH, cause likely a lot will and that only HURTs the community FAR more than it will Help! I mean they corrected today that the Earpiece and 1st Implant are not Legendary, yet then stated it's just the two Implants. Yet still I only see 1 with a SET bonus, where previously we had 3. :(

As many other DEVELOPERs have only realized far too late! Then they spend years, trying to recover from it their faux pas. I suspect that's going to happen to SWTOR, by their own making...

▬▬▬▬▬

Two THINGs I don't like about new UI changes...

https://i.imgur.com/kt4cWIE.png

https://i.imgur.com/L2uhetQ.png

╘ clearly they hide the options shown in inventory for mission items, yet still both windows need to be larger.

The same over lap of the Inventory exceeds window size, also present when at 80 slots inventory unlocked. :(

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may get your WISH, cause likely a lot will and that only HURTs the community FAR more than it will Help!

As many other DEVELOPERs have only realized far too late! Then they spend years, trying to recover from it their faux pas.

https://i.imgur.com/9CcUzVk.png

╘ why does the visual space exceed the Window, very poorly done!

Believing the forums represent the population is like doing a survey about how much people like coffee in a starbucks.

The same cries have echoed online for decades and there is no correlation between forum angst and online participation.

Believing the forums represent the population is like doing a survey about how much people like coffee in a starbucks.

The same cries have echoed online for decades and there is no correlation between forum angst and online participation.

You may very well be right, yet to IGNORE what some suggest, especially reasonable request--often 5x more often results in larger issues for DEVs. I mean above, Mission Items, & Inventory of the last row exceed the window size--yet they leave a big blank space at the top for no reason--that's clearly just poor design.

▬▬▬▬▬

https://i.imgur.com/kt4cWIE.png

https://i.imgur.com/L2uhetQ.png

╘ clearly they hide the options shown in inventory for mission items, yet still both windows need to be larger.

The same over lap of the Inventory exceeds window size, also present when at 80 slots inventory unlocked. :(

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

As many other DEVELOPERs have only realized far too late! Then they spend years, trying to recover from it their faux pas. I suspect that's going to happen to SWTOR, by their own making...

You mean something similar to the 5.0 debacle that posters here in the forums did give feedback on and did represent the feelings of the majority of players in the game?

Look at every tweet. Every video. Every website review...

Statistically a small minority is optimistic of the changes, and thats being generous.

There is nothing wrong with people being passionate about something and loudly objecting.

Based off the track record of prior changes its logical to see why most people aren't optimistic.

Its a trust thing, and they constantly say "guess what we're giving you!"* and then the results are completely different then the projection posted. Such as "yay legendary items" to wait "less set bonus then you have now" or "play the game as any class!" to "you get to pick one extra with X restrictions." Or "We're increasing the level cap to 80" to wait "we're nerfing everyone, removing mobility and survivability, dps combat rezzes, and increasing bosses hp 3x from what they are now."

When you constantly bait and switch, constantly post disappointing patches, and do things that are counter intuitive to what a large percentage of players have come to enjoy... Negative feedback should be expected and attacking those players as "complainers" or "whining" is illogical & gives a false justification to those who need to start taking the constructive criticism of their past mistakes & failures instead.

Its similar to a partner who is failing in a relationship that promises to change but still only does what they want and ignores the feedback of the other party. Here the consumer.

If you enable them to keep making bad decisions they will. The only power consumers have is feedback and it has been overwhelmingly negative on most outlets.

Edited by TheVoyant

Look at every tweet. Every video. Every website review...

Statistically a small minority is optimistic of the changes, and thats being generous.

There is nothing wrong with people being passionate about something and loudly objecting.

Based off the track record of prior changes its logical to see why most people aren't optimistic.

Its a trust thing, and they constantly say "guess what we're giving you!"* and then the results are completely different then the projection posted. Such as "yay legendary items" to wait "less set bonus then you have now" or "play the game as any class!" to "you get to pick one extra with X restrictions." Or "We're increasing the level cap to 80" to wait "we're nerfing everyone, removing mobility and survivability, dps combat rezzes, and increasing bosses hp 3x from what they are now."

When you constantly bait and switch, constantly post disappointing patches, and do things that are counter intuitive to what a large percentage of players have come to enjoy... Negative feedback should be expected and attacking those players as "complainers" or "whining" is illogical & gives a false justification to those who need to start taking the constructive criticism of their past mistakes & failures instead.

Its similar to a partner who is failing in a relationship that promises to change but still only does what they want and ignores the feedback of the other party. Here the consumer.

If you enable them to keep making bad decisions they will. The only power consumers have is feedback and it has been overwhelmingly negative on most outlets.

Sorry, but we're not getting less set bonus then we currently have on live. The 2 piece set bonus on every set are in truth not worth calling set bonuses. We're still getting the same basically. The 4 piece, and 6 piece set bonus.

The current 2 piece on live of 2% alac, mastery, or endurance was always a joke.

Sorry, but we're not getting less set bonus then we currently have on live. The 2 piece set bonus on every set are in truth not worth calling set bonuses. We're still getting the same basically. The 4 piece, and 6 piece set bonus.

The current 2 piece on live of 2% alac, mastery, or endurance was always a joke.

According to who? Casual players or the guides sure.

But that 2% alac bonus for example if you actually gear vs. follow outdated breakpoint concepts you can hit a lower gcd with far less stat input.

I'm running around with 540 Alacrity hitting 1.3 gcds in PvE.

The 2% Mastery bonus can be utilized by min-maxing your blend of power/mastery in conjunction with the class buff passive to create amazing results. Also utlize it to maximize your crit chance return to spike your numbers properly.

In uncapped its even more insane what the bonuses can do.

I'm currently running 3-4k less power then most PvP builds, running 130 alac to hit a 1.4 gcd and outputting higher consistent damage.

The genuine truth is most people just don't know how to make builds because they're following guides that tell them things like "hit 1213 or 3208 alac" or "put all your excess stats into Crit"

Quite honestly current way gearing works you can do quite a bit. Just few people actually try and just follow the guy before them.

Edited by TheVoyant

According to who? Casual players or the guides sure.

But that 2% alac bonus for example if you actually gear vs. follow outdated breakpoint concepts you can hit a lower gcd with far less stat input.

I'm running around with 540 Alacrity hitting 1.3 gcds in PvE.

The 2% Mastery bonus can be utilized by min-maxing your blend of power/mastery in conjunction with the class buff passive to create amazing results. Also utlize it to maximize your crit chance return to spike your numbers properly.

In uncapped its even more insane what the bonuses can do.

I'm currently running 3-4k less power then most PvP builds, running 130 alac to hit a 1.4 gcd and outputting higher consistent damage.

The genuine truth is most people just don't know how to make builds because they're following guides that tell them things like "hit 1213 or 3208 alac" or "put all your excess stats into Crit"

Quite honestly current way gearing works you can do quite a bit. Just few people actually try and just follow the guy before them.

I don't play PvP, or play a Merc/Commando as you clearly do with those alac numbers, but from what I saw from my class the extremely small amount of alac that was given from that 2% bonus wasn't worth it to me, especially since the sets that had it weren't very good from a PvE perspective.

Edited by Toraak

It's more than just people aren't getting what they were promised, almost every single piece of feedback whether in a youtube comment or thread post seems to be saying something negative about these changes. Most importantly, it limits the way people can play. Also most people want to grind cosmetics, not gear. Gear was a means to an end, not the point of swtor for a huge part of the player base. I just started playing a month ago, and I already can see how limiting these gameplay changes are.

It's more than just people aren't getting what they were promised, almost every single piece of feedback whether in a youtube comment or thread post seems to be saying something negative about these changes. Most importantly, it limits the way people can play. Also most people want to grind cosmetics, not gear. Gear was a means to an end, not the point of swtor for a huge part of the player base. I just started playing a month ago, and I already can see how limiting these gameplay changes are.

Spot on post. It's like Bioware have never had an original thought of their own and now that daddy WoW paved the way with their Shadow lands expansion, swtor can follow suit with both ability pruning and the gearing system. Gear grind as content is just atrocious. Pretty much through my history of playing swtor I unsub for the first 6 months or so of a new expansion just out of principle. I'll never accept a gear grind as new content.

Isn't that normal for anything any dev tends to do that has a major change in an MMO? People never like change, and always complain about it without giving it a chance. I've been on the PTS, and it doesn't look as bad as people think, however with the Balance not working on FP's or Ops, I admit I can't see how those 2 will work. Thus far the PTS changes I've seen aren't bad, other then the UI appearance for the character sheet (which clearly says Work in Progress on it).

Isn't that normal for anything any dev tends to do that has a major change in an MMO? People never like change, and always complain about it without giving it a chance. I've been on the PTS, and it doesn't look as bad as people think, however with the Balance not working on FP's or Ops, I admit I can't see how those 2 will work. Thus far the PTS changes I've seen aren't bad, other then the UI appearance for the character sheet (which clearly says Work in Progress on it).

Yea I really don't like they TRY to do all things in one window with 7.0 UI. Why I started this thread:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998316

Still I don't like many other THINGS, mostly that they removed some abilities, but that I'll warm up to in time. But NOT really likely the removal of Combat Proficiencies--as that was A LOT more option to change your Play Style.

Now most of the same DISCIPLINE, will be almost all the same. :(

Edited by Strathkin

Also it's terrible how pay to win this is going to be now. You can only get end game gear if you're a subscriber now. 306 was open to anyone who had subscribed once. Now they want this "constantly updating system" so people have more incentive to constantly subscribe. Total cash grab, and feels gross every time they talk about "streamlining or player experience". I feel like this is a squeeze and the community needs to respond or it'll only be downhill from here.

Also it's terrible how pay to win this is going to be now. You can only get end game gear if you're a subscriber now. 306 was open to anyone who had subscribed once. Now they want this "constantly updating system" so people have more incentive to constantly subscribe. Total cash grab, and feels gross every time they talk about "streamlining or player experience". I feel like this is a squeeze and the community needs to respond or it'll only be downhill from here.

Giving an incentive to subscribe does not make it P2W.

P2W is if the only way to get the gear is to purchase it with Real life money (Not CC's) from the Cartel market. The fact you can get it in game means it's not P2W.

• 3 months later...

This Legacy of the Sith expansion is total garbage.

Removed activatable skills that where actually good and fun to use.

New gear and weapons makes me feels like being level 50 again, and the weapons look like trash.

And why doesn't outfitter record weapons?!

You all are still trying to sell weapon in the CM that cannot be used after level 75, how stupid was that?

This expansion is an insult to this games progress.

Gawd the new UI just makes my eyes bleed.

Edited by Laeas

This Legacy of the Sith expansion is total garbage.

Removed activatable skills that where actually good and fun to use.

New gear and weapons makes me feels like being level 50 again, and the weapons look like trash.

And why doesn't outfitter record weapons?!

You all are still trying to sell weapon in the CM that cannot be used after level 75, how stupid was that?

This expansion is an insult to this games progress.

Gawd the new UI just makes my eyes bleed.

Agreed, it's really bad and it's only half done. The preferences menu still has the old style, just so you can fully compare how bad the new one is. The UI looks like it was done in MS paint, and they couldn't even organize abilities alphabetically so it's a clusterF trying to find your abilities to reorganize your quickbars every time you switch specs / loadouts. There was no reason to add a second "outfitter screen" when you still have to switch to the customizations manually. It would make sense if you could put your outfit on directly from there but you can't, it's just a direct copy of the first screen without the stats button. That is some lazy programming. Why not just have it all on the main character page like before if you STILL have to go in to the separate screen to change outfits? And yeah, not having the option for weapon yet is utterly asinine. How is this going to promote cartel market sales when people can't even use slotted gear now? The calling card of this game has always been the mods and enhancements, now it's just streamlined garbage being forced on people. 320s should also be noticeable upgrades over 306s but they aren't and that's sad.

Why have a dropdown menu on abilities that you have to SCROLL DOWN on JUST TO SEE all options and then not even have them organized by name? The original abilities window was exponentially better and quicker to use. You now have to take extra steps that we didn't have to take before. Why purposely make the interface more tedious? This new one looks like a child designed it, no thought whatsoever, just change for the sake of change. The inventory is trash, why can't the size of it be customizable like everything else in the interface? Why are we forced to have the awful inventory that doesn't even compare the gear unless you first bring up the character screen.

The sad fact of the matter is that there is much less to do now than there was before the expansion (no added abilities, abilities taken away, no crafting, no real content). Limiting which flashpoints and raids can be queued and completed for weekly quests is REALLY STUPID, when people are grinding hazardous components to upgrade operations gear. Why not keep everything available? The new Flashpoint is bugged on the final boss, and the new story is barely even a story, it's so short. The weekly quests for BOTH ToS and NoP are both bugged and don't give the rewards, so the only option this week for grinding operation upgrades is to do S&V over and over.

Who was the idiot that thought LESS available content was what the players wanted? People under 50 couldn't even queue for flashpoints last week, that's absolute nonsense and many wasted hours on Ruins of Nul. It would be different if there was a new operation to gear for, but we are just doing the SAME RECYCLED CONTENT FROM 10 YEARS AGO. They clearly put way more effort into the trailer video, than they did into the actual game. The expansion was released just for the sake of an expansion. How about instead of releasing expansions when they clearly are not ready, you actually fix existing bugs and problems that have plagued the game since launch?

Also changing the weekly missions to require all bosses instead of just the final one is bugging out the quests, and gets rid of the incentive to queue for in progress ops. Nobody is ever going to get fills now in operations if a player has to leave in the middle because people want the quest. And getting rid of the ability to share those missions is beyond stupid. What was the thought process here? It's like they didn't have any and just started pushing out changes because they had a gun to their head.

This type of nonsense would pass in a free to play game, but this is a monthly subscription that I just lost all motivation to pay. Maybe I'll try back in a few months and see if they fixed anything, but I doubt it. This game still has many of the same bugs from launch. Fixing things is not what they do. I'm offended that they would release a product this bad on purpose.

Edited by Barcstradamus

Who was the idiot that thought LESS available content was what the players wanted? People under 50 couldn't even queue for flashpoints last week, that's absolute nonsense and many wasted hours on Ruins of Nul.

Flashpoints have been a huge part of how i learned my class as a new player, running multiple in a row to level up and get to try new skills. Limiting this to high level players defeats the purpose of them. I used to love queuing and having no idea what flashpoint i would get (and using some tricks to ensure i would not get the long hard ones ie not taking 75 only groups to force lower level content)

Content should not just be endgame, but for all players, old and new alike.

I used to enjoy running flashpoints, even if we did get hammer station more than we wanted. The new ones are not fun. Knowing what ones you will get and knowing the ones we enjoy are not there, really sadden me. I went through a phase where i spent a week only doing Drive yards for the rep and still able to group in the finder. Those days are gone

Edited by TalLura
shorten quote