Please Consider giving subscribers one 7.1 Character Respec!

Arstechnica

Either for free or sell through the cartel, I don’t care. I need another chance $$$$

According to your signature, you've pretty much been here since day one. You know how each class works and they warn you multiple times that choosing a second class will be permanent and you still picked the wrong one?

According to your signature, you've pretty much been here since day one. You know how each class works and they warn you multiple times that choosing a second class will be permanent and you still picked the wrong one?

Regret about which one chosen is very possible. I have one character at least that I'd change if they made the option available. I don't feel as strongly about it as OP it seems, but it would be nice.

I know the ins and outs of most classes well enough to gauge what I'd like and not, but OP's fine. I have not been able to select a second Combat Style on any characters I've had for years (56 of them that I would say I cherish). The permanent factor makes it feel daunting, like you're approaching regret with any choice. Some things work better in your mind or you like the idea of something, but maybe not long term. Idk, it makes sense that people would have some regret, the restriction could use a little flexibility imo.

So you are 100% sure on all your life decisions and you never ever regret? :rolleyes:

So you are 100% sure on all your life decisions and you never ever regret? :rolleyes:

Why would you regret anything? If it was the right decision at the time, it was the right decision. I never regret, there is no reason to.

I know the ins and outs of most classes well enough to gauge what I'd like and not, but OP's fine. I have not been able to select a second Combat Style on any characters I've had for years (56 of them that I would say I cherish). The permanent factor makes it feel daunting, like you're approaching regret with any choice. Some things work better in your mind or you like the idea of something, but maybe not long term. Idk, it makes sense that people would have some regret, the restriction could use a little flexibility imo.

I haven't picked up a second combat style for my mains either. I sacrificed some farming alts for current farming needs, but that's it. They don't have any special mounts or titles like my mains do, so rerolling them wouldn't be a big loss. My mains are going to be one class only, at least until they give us an option to re-select the second style.

Some people might regret a choice they made when new information came to light but are adults to know THEY MADE THAT CHOICE instead of acting like entitled kids demanding the rules are rewritten for their personal mistake.

During combat style selection, a person has four times—four confirmations—to process any hesitation and to think about their decision. FOUR.

The couple has just traded vows, the rice is in the air, people are all smiles on the way to the wedding reception, but wait! I've made a mistake! I didn't want to marry that person! Six seconds married and already regretting it. Someone who didn't think things through.

If you suspect you really, really, really have no freaking idea what the interplay will be like between two combat styles, don't walk down the aisle using your favorite toon. Create a scratch toon, select the two combat styles you would otherwise apply to your favorite toon, and if you like the result, fine, if you don't, torch the scratch toon and try again.

Edited by xordevoreaux

100% on board with a token for purchase that allows a one time respec for your second combat style, if possible. I don't even have second styles selected for the vast majority of my characters, but there is nothing wrong with having the option.

It's weird to see people arguing against having an option that they could just not buy if they don't want to use it.

Edited by waisting

I have a dark aligned toon on Pub side. When I went to convert it to the opposing combat style, the game FORCED me to choose a second class even though I did not want to at the time. Hit escape to avoid second selection, first does not register. Not sure why one has to pick both at once especially given their tease that other styles might be available later.

No. But I am old enough to know that actions have consequences. As someone stated above, there are FOUR warnings saying it is permanent and cannot be changed. If the OP wasn't sure of their choice, they should have held off and waited. Asking for a do over because they either ignored all the warnings or because they made the wrong choice after those warnings is childish.

I'm sure the devs have many reasons why the secondary cannot be changed once you select it and I would guess that the main reason is abuse. If you could buy tokens to reset your secondary, what would prevent a person from doing the following:

Select secondary A and farm all the gear they need for A.

Reset and then select secondary B and farm all the gear they need for B.

Reset and then select secondary C and farm all the gear they need for C.

And so on and so on.

It's a permanent choice and they told us up front (many times) it was a permanent choice. This will make me sound like a jerk but deal with it.

I have a dark aligned toon on Pub side. When I went to convert it to the opposing combat style, the game FORCED me to choose a second class even though I did not want to at the time. Hit escape to avoid second selection, first does not register. Not sure why one has to pick both at once especially given their tease that other styles might be available later.

If you want to change your [first] combat style 'only' on the existing character to the mirror opposite as intended I agree the cutscene should allow you the choice to hold off on picking the second combat style until you are ready.

Edited by ronin_chi_lao
existing char

i'm sure the devs have many reasons why the secondary cannot be changed once you select it and I would guess that the main reason is abuse. If you could buy tokens to reset your secondary, what would prevent a person from doing the following:

Select secondary A and farm all the gear they need for A.

Reset and then select secondary B and farm all the gear they need for B.

Reset and then select secondary C and farm all the gear they need for C.

And so on and so on.

And how is doing that any different than doing it with Alt 1, Alt 2, Alt 3 & Alt 4?

And how is doing that any different than doing it with Alt 1, Alt 2, Alt 3 & Alt 4?

It's significantly more expensive to do it by reseting one character, compared to if you do it on multiple characters.

That's about the only difference that I see.

I'd also like to see what people think the price should be...