ERIC, IDEA TO FIX PROBLEM! People, please read and nicely respond

Cindlehr

Seriously, this could have potential to be a fix for what is happening. We are mostly all adults, yes we are pissed off, but please be civil. Yelling and name calling is not going to help the situation.

Eric,

I appreciate the team is listening to us but at the same time it feels like this is a child's tug of war game.

I enjoyed actually the new companion system and getting things done and not needing help. I get that people were ************ like crazy for what feels like stupid reasons. Some people like huge challenges, others don't. I have very limited time to play, and I like to play. But due to my life which has been very stressful, I don't have time to do things like wait in a group que, guild run, heroic or raids. I just flat out don't have the time.

The companion system I thought was awesome. I was able to solo star fortress on regular mode, it was not easy for me, but I could get through it on my own. Now I'm reading that it's not solo-able at all (even with companion heals.)

I get that some people find it too easy. I get that some people like it.

My request would be for you to do something like what was done for the XP boost the last few months (which was awesome by the way). People were complaining, and you guys put out a bot that sold a free item so that it would take the xp boost off of that character. Could you do something like that for this? I'm not sure how it could work on PVP servers, but that way it gives the players a chance to use the companions in the best way for the player.

I've enjoyed the expansion as I love storyline and rp. I am not a pvp'er. But now, if I'm going to be struggling and waiting around for help, its going to have some serious problems on me playing. I left WoW because it got to a point once you level that all you could do was raid. I love swtor because its not the same. I would really like to see something where it could be beneficial to any player as to how powerful they want their companions to be. If it would be possible to mimic the xp buff and item to turn it off, except for companion strength (turn it off drops it to whatever) leave it keeps it where it was. That would be awesome in my opinion.

Just my suggestion, thank you.

in short-

Like the XP boost item to turn it off for players who felt the game was going too fast. (I was not one of those)

If you were given an option to be able to turn on and off companions being able to do a lot or a little, would you be okay/happy with that?

Obviously my vote is yes

The key here, would be NOT to screw over players who are using or not using the buff. I love getting furniture and things going through star fortress, but I can't do it w/o my companion. If you boost the stats again, don't take that away from me.

I think rewards would be have to be very dependent, as essentially raising or declining either way is hurting someone. Just because one person is amazing at figuring out how to play their class and crips everything, does not mean that I am anywhere near that good. Neither of us should be punished for deciding we need the extra or don't need the extra help. Also considering things like learning disorders. Don't punish anyone for something that is not their fault.

My thoughts as to PVP and Heroics- if this is done, balance.

PVP arena you don't have a companion out anyways, auto remove the buff for arenas. Buff turns back on as soon as you leave the arena.

Heroic/group missions- possibly average it out? Have something where it figures out who is using the buff and who is not and basic add together and divide to find the medium. Or even have an option if you want the GROUP to USE the buff or NOT for the instance. Majority of votes win? So you group up and que, when you get an instance and are ready to go- everyone gets an option of buff on or off. Majority of votes wins. People who don't want it can easily que together or find people who don't want it. Or run it again.

Combining these two topics

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=854383

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=854117

Edited by Cindlehr

its simple actually..

companion without influence = crap

companion with influence 50 = strong as it used to be before the patch.

people want challenge = don't up influence and have fun

people want to play the other way = max your companion and have fun

its simple actually..

Or,... do what you said.. but for some reason I am feeling BIO lets us play with OP Bots and took them away to give people a taste, next month they will be posting something in the Market to sale people to make the bots OP again, they will just want to make money off of it.

This is not a singleplayer game. It has a player economy. If the game gets a "god-mode" companion button, rewards needs to be decreased. Otherwise there is no point in it.

It's a game, there's no point to it except to have fun. Nothing that drops in heroics really impacts the player economy in any meaningful way, and hasn't since update 1.2. It only affects a solo player's experience, heck the gear isn't even better than bolster in Flashpoints and Operations. It's not like they are gaining anything worthwhile except their own enjoyment.

Seriously, if you think in game items need to be EARNED because of economic reasons... you need to go out and get a real life job and do your earning where it belongs.

It's a game, there's no point to it except to have fun. Nothing that drops in heroics really impacts the player economy in any meaningful way, and hasn't since update 1.2..

Except nobody was buying low level blue crafted armors that synthweavers and armormechs are making, instead they were doing ultra-easy mode heroics and getting equivalent gear for free, while earning more credits. That was making those professions totally worthless until lvl 500, which doesn't really strike me as fair, nor fun for them.

Edited by Pavijan

its simple actually..

You seem to be the only guy who really gets it right.

Listen to this man!!!!

its simple actually..

That is actually the way it should be.

Could we please try to keep it to the original subject? I know everyone is frustruated/mad/pissedoff and has opinions, I know I do.

Basic point of this post- if they could make an option to turn the companions power high or low, would you be okay with it? Think of how they used the xp boost and had the item where you could turn it off.

Thank you!

Wrong.

Rank 1 healer in 4.0.1 was twice stronger than Rank 50 healer in 4.0.2

well the rank 1 healer shouldn't be stronger ...

that of course would have to be changed. so that 50 is stronger ..

but what i was trying to say: you give people a reason to max influence and both sides should be satisfied.

Except nobody was buying low level blue crafted armors that synthweavers and armormechs are making, instead they were doing ultra-easy mode heroics and getting equivalent gear for free, while earning more credits. That was making those professions totally worthless until lvl 500, which doesn't really strike me as fair, nor fun for them.

Those crafting disciplines have been worthless for a couple of years cept for augments. The dropping of mods and enhancement and hilts to 2 comms with the 12x xp also didn't help and try selling an orange item vs a CM item.

The only time those professions in crafting made real money was before the cartel market. So blow smoke somewhere else

its simple actually..

YEAH YEAH..... and how many new players (or average player in general) has millions of credits to buy tons of companion gifts to get even a single companion to rank 50? :mad:

Companions were fine before the patch! The people that complained about OP compansions were ones that (deliberately or unconsciously) abused a bug with the main hand weapon and slotted a high end weapon in it, that ridiculously boosted your companion's damage / healing! :mad:

I mean sure.... at lower level companions felt a bit crazy overpowered, but the moment I got beyond level 35, it became less and less overpowered! Especially when the level sync kicked in (which pretty much also way overboard nerfs your character)!

Especially when I was doing the Hutt Cartel and Revan content, my companions didn't feel that overpowered at all anymore (with highest one at rank 25 ).

But right now after this idiotic patch my companions, in DPS stance as example, not even do half the DPS than my Jedi Guardian in Tank spec / tank gear does! That's worse than how it was before Patch 4.0 KotFE !! :mad:

So I am seriously wondering what kind of data they used? Most likely people in full raid gear + companions at rank 50 + main hand weapon exploit bug as baseline for this nerf!! /FACEPALM :mad:

To the opening post: We already had that. Just toggle off some of the abilities of your "OP" companion (or all of them) to make it way less powerful. That easy.

But instead of that, now every people must play the solo and H2 content the same (hard and tedious) way.

To the opening post: We already had that. Just toggle off some of the abilities of your "OP" companion (or all of them) to make it way less powerful. That easy.

But instead of that, now every people must play the solo and H2 content the same (hard and tedious) way.

Solo and H2 content were the same at 4.0 launch. That's why people called for the nerf.... lol wow

You do know this isn't monopoly? Crafting isn't just about making a ton of credits. You can actually craft for your own chrs. Making gear for your own chrs doesn't make it worthless.

its simple actually..

In no way is a level 50 companion as powerful as pre patch. I know from experience. My level 50 Lana Beniko does not heal nearly, not even remotely close as before the patch. You are so wrong in what you wrote it's actually funny.

Not a bad idea.......just 1 problem I see with this......

The devs here have the same mentality that the devs with SOE had with SWG. They will do what they want no mater what the player base says and will continue to take the game in a downward spiral.

Bugs and more bugs, bad downloads or no downloads for some, and un-popular changes.

I already did my CU and NGE, dont care to do it again. Sub is up in 16 days and if we dont start seeing some changes in the devs towards the player base ill be done.

Not a bad idea.......just 1 problem I see with this......

The devs here have the same mentality that the devs with SOE had with SWG. They will do what they want no mater what the player base says and will continue to take the game in a downward spiral.

Bugs and more bugs, bad downloads or no downloads for some, and un-popular changes.

I already did my CU and NGE, dont care to do it again. Sub is up in 16 days and if we dont start seeing some changes in the devs towards the player base ill be done.

Yeah I'm pretty sure 4.0 is this games NGE. We'll see though.

Could we please try to keep it to the original subject? I know everyone is frustruated/mad/pissedoff and has opinions, I know I do.

Basic point of this post- if they could make an option to turn the companions power high or low, would you be okay with it? Think of how they used the xp boost and had the item where you could turn it off.

Thank you!

Yes i think that will be perfect