Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

Let people in that want to play. Ques are a part of launch. Staggered launch then going home for the day is insanity.

I would expect a staggered launch then going home for the day and shutting down invites from an independent developer, not a big company. Actually let me take that back, I wouldn't expect it from any company.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a spectacular failure from Bioware here.

Their failure is not in how they have approached the Early Access, which seems reasonable, but in their total lack of communication about anything. They have essentially buried their heads in the sand for the "oncoming storm" of angry customers, merged everything into one long thread so that they automatically have the excuse that they "didn't see it", and absolutely refuse to discuss any timings.

I would understand if we preordered in middle of August or something, but there are those of us who are right on the borderline for late July preorders that are basically **** out of luck. We don't want to miss our time and Bioware (and their representatives on Twitter) are point blank refusing to discuss it.

They have said that the "plan" was always for four waves of invites per day. Why exactly did they not tell us this? Why did they not tell us the distribution of preorders before today?

There are no excuses for this outside of "we're worried that we will **** it up and don't want to look like idiots".

I cannot believe the level of service that Bioware is providing on a day as important to them as today. They are EA bad in how they have done this.

"Right well, you customers will get Early Game Access, but we don't know when and we can't tell you if it will be today or in seven days, nor can we tell you the times when we are sending out the invites, nor cane we tell you when we know this or on what factors it is based. Please sit there refreshing your email inbox until you get in"

When you have other companies that go out if their way to help you, this is just unacceptable from a customer service perspective. If I provided this as an answer to a customer (and I'm in the software business), I'd be sacked immediately and with good reason.

Actually if you look at the preorder receipt here are the two line items:

Product SKU: 71185

Product Name: STAR WARS: The Old Republic Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $5.00

Product SKU: 71199

Product Name: STAR WARS: The Old Republic Digital Deluxe Edition (Pre-Ordered)

Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $74.99

As you can clearly see, they charged $5 for the "honor" of pre-ordering. I remember when this happened thinking it was crazy that they charge additional fees for us giving them money for a game that doesn't even exist yet, but I was happy to pay it for EGA. Regardless you can have you facepalm emote back.

Wow, math fail. You have all the info right there, but you still can't figure it out? The Digital Deluxe edition is $79.99. You have $5 + $74.99. That equals $79.99. You did not pay an "additional" fee. It's the total "fee" broken down into 2 parts.

I think we need to locate that facepalm emote still....

Augustsson said:
The tweet could imply that there will be one more wave today....

And then a new set of waves tomorrow..

@Rockjaw

Stephen Reid

@Thaded Four waves planned so far - day isn't over yet. We're already seeing fairly full servers, so it's going great so far.

33 minutes ago via TweetDeck

When I go into My Account -- > apperently I don't have a redeem code, but I swear i put it in. When I try to use the code I was given on purchase it says It's already in use. But there is no green massive tick on the symbol on my account?.

Have no idea what is going on.

For the moment the 1st day of Early access will have only 4 waves (this could change). It is extremely unlikely for anyone to get an invitation if they did not submit their codes within the 1st week (July 21st-27th). Three waves of invites have gone out and they are only up to July 24th (there was a large preorder spike for the 21st though).

My god some of you people are spoiled brats.

How about you have a little bit of patience. Even if you don't get early access, you will still get to play the game.

Pissing and moaning isn't going to change anything, so just get over it and wait like everyone else is.

How about you shut up. I spent £129 for a CE box and EGA. I don't care if its 5 days or 20 days EGA but it should be from the day the servers open which is today.

THIS IS SO LAME!!! I call false advertisement. Not only did I take the day off of work, but I spent all my gas and lunch money because I thought if I preordered it I would get in today... Might as well be Sony Entertainment Online running this game....

Feel a little sorry for Bioware... For needing to take this kind of crap from impatient brats. "We need to know!" As they've explained they can't give you a specific time since tehy're trying to get it done as fast as possible, but still wants to keep it stable...

Image the kind of crap they'd get if they gave you a time, but then encountered some kind of complications with servers of what not and you didn't get in on the earlier said time? I'm guessing that would result in some peeps heads blowing up....

Be patient and appriciate the possibility to get pre access at all!

yeah this is all fine and well, the problem they did state that you would be getting the invite in the order in which you pre-ordered the game, and I have a friend that just pre-ordered the game about 18 hrs ago and is already playing before me and I pre ordered about 3 months ago.

are you guys srs?

you behave like little children and go mad, because another child has gotten more ice cream than you?

Early-Access was originally planned for the 15th.

if you're not in by then, you can start to feel upset, because it was advertised and that's what you payed for.

gosh, I just hope all you mad ragers won't be on the same server as me, because people like you already begin to spoil the fun of a promising game.

does the internet reduce metal age by that much? look at what you're saying!

Actually, the words were UP TO five days, which means anywhere from the 15th to the 19th. So no, not getting access BY the 15th does not justify complaining. All it proves is the person whining is too thick-headed to understand the wording.

If you pre-order and don't get in before the 20th, THEN you can feel free to whine all you want and feel justified. Don't expect to get a cookie for it, though. Just remember that if all else fails, you'll still be able to play on the 20th. It's not like you're never getting in.