*DELAYED* Season 1 of Ranked Warzone Arenas

EricMusco

Alright serious question.

Since arenas first came on the PTS it's been a static +12/-13 for wins/losses. The wording of this announcement is implying that this is some kind of last minute bug that was just discovered recently. If that was the case then fine, no biggie. But does this mean that in the multiple months we've had arenas, either no one has reported that ELO loss/gain was static, or the dev team knew and swept it under the rug and is just now being like "oh yeah I guess we should do that".

Which case was it?

Maybe they realized it after last nights stream of JC's arenas? lol idk but that should've been noticed a while ago......

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they realized it after last nights stream of JC's arenas? lol idk but that should've been noticed a while ago......

We mentioned it in the twitch chat and I think EMusco acknowledged it. I would find it incredibly disappointing if this is the first instance that the dev team realised that it was broken.

We mentioned it in the twitch chat and I think EMusco acknowledged it. I would find it incredibly disappointing if this is the first instance that the dev team realised that it was broken.

It feels like bolster. You know broken as all hell on the PTS and every player knew it except for the devs.

It feels like bolster. You know broken as all hell on the PTS and every player knew it except for the devs.

How naked bolster was fixed on the 2.0 PTS and still made it to live was either a massive development revision control error or complete carelessness, or both.

Edited by Morde_

It is very possible that since it was reported or found, they have been working to find a solution to it. And each patch or repair that would get it, only stopped a certain percentage of the issues. Thus they had to find more solutions and just have to push back the date some.

How naked bolster was fixed on the 2.0 PTS and still made it to live was either a massive development revision control error or complete carelessness, or both.

Suddenly I am reminded of the quote from some dev saying "pvpers are generally happy with the content they have."

Paraphrased of course...but just another example of the attitude the developers of this game have toward their pvp community.

I understand making a viable, working, ranking system is a large project. But season one has been promised for ages. Someone has to be in charge of allocating the resources to make it happen within a reasonable time frame.

Unfortunately, it's been so long now, I'm sure most people don't even care anymore.

Hey everyone,

The last time we talked about Season One, we said that it was targeted to begin on Tuesday, October 29th. Unfortunately, we are going to be delaying the start of Season One.

Big surprise :rolleyes:

I know that this is the absolute last thing any PvP players will want to hear, but we have good reason. We have discovered that there is a major issue with how ratings are being awarded in Ranked matches currently. This bug can cause some very serious "rating inflation" to happen. Basically, if we started Season One with this bug in place it could become near impossible for teams who get a late start to catch up.

You can't be serious? You JUST discovered the bug now?? LMAO.

Simply put, we couldn't begin Season One with such a nasty bug in place and because of that, we are delaying its launch until we can get it resolved. The team’s new target date is November 12th. Like all dates we announce in advance they are subject to change if we find a show stopper issue late in the development cycle.

Why not? You always launch buggy features.

Thank you all for your patience. We are just as eager to get Season One started as you are but we want to make sure it is done right!

-eric

Okay.

You know what i don't care have fun with this horrible game you devs suck *** goodbye

I wouldn't have a problem with this being "Delayed" for 2 weeks if there was a bug that nobody knew about and it was game breaking. However this was reported all over the forums and on the PTS.

This is beyond pathetic. My subscription is up(Just waiting on forum maintenance to finish the job) and this doesn't affect me, but yeah, the people in charge have no idea how to run this game.

I wouldn't have a problem with this being "Delayed" for 2 weeks if there was a bug that nobody knew about and it was game breaking. However this was reported all over the forums and on the PTS.

This is beyond pathetic. My subscription is up(Just waiting on forum maintenance to finish the job) and this doesn't affect me, but yeah, the people in charge have no idea how to run this game.

Exactly we have tested for them in Pts told them hey **** isn't right yet they still resume releasing things that are bugged

i wouldn't be so mad if it wasn't for me actually testing and warning them about this

Hey everyone,

The last time we talked about Season One, we said that it was targeted to begin on Tuesday, October 29th. Unfortunately, we are going to be delaying the start of Season One.

I know that this is the absolute last thing any PvP players will want to hear, but we have good reason. We have discovered that there is a major issue with how ratings are being awarded in Ranked matches currently. This bug can cause some very serious "rating inflation" to happen. Basically, if we started Season One with this bug in place it could become near impossible for teams who get a late start to catch up.

Simply put, we couldn't begin Season One with such a nasty bug in place and because of that, we are delaying its launch until we can get it resolved. The team’s new target date is November 12th. Like all dates we announce in advance they are subject to change if we find a show stopper issue late in the development cycle.

Thank you all for your patience. We are just as eager to get Season One started as you are but we want to make sure it is done right!

-eric

I find the lack of surprise in your message disturbing.

I understand and agree that it shouldn't launch bugged, but it is indeed very disturbing that I and many others would have been more surprised if season 1 had gone live at the stated date, then if it didn't.

I believe that this was a desperate attempt to get subscribers back for the month and to hopefully get more subs next month. The character name change is to scare people into subscribing so they don't lose their name. lol @ this fail company.

They're trying to get as much money as possible out of this game before it dies. i simply refuse to believe that the developers and the people in charge of this game can be this incompetent. I'm glad I don't buy into their "bait&switch" techniques anymore.

A few people have mentioned it already, but there is so way the devs are just noticing this rating problem now. It has been a known issue by anyone paying attention since the PTS. I have seen many posts on this exact issue and almost no testing is required to realize that it is the same rating being lost/gained in every match regardless of your opponent.

Is BW seriously saying they are only just discovering this?

Does anyone at BW feel shameful right now? Please be better professionals. We know you work hard and it is difficult to maintain such a complicated project, but this is a total farce.

So did your metrics not tell you about this problem??

Why don't you stupid *********** play your own game? How can you not see all of the things that we do?

Was our trolling of your stream last night not enough of a message for you? You guys are clueless.

Can't say I'm shocked though.

So let me get this straight, if the devs had launched this on time, you would have all been pissed about the bug not being addressed. Now that they are saying that the bug will be addressed you're all pissed because it got delayed. Even if it hadn't been delayed and there was no bug you would have all been pissed about class balance. When it does launch everyone is going to be pissed about something or other so why don't you all just piss off and be glad they at least did something?

If we write up a multi-volume hate thread every time the devs do something for pvp they are going to be less and less willing to do anything. Give it a rest, its not like ranked season 1 is any different from preseason. 99.9% of the games population (myself included obviously) isn't gonna be good enough to really be able to flex its epeen on the online boards. The only other change is a reset to ratings and a fit to the rating calculation bug, whoopty freaking doo.

So let me get this straight, if the devs had launched this on time, you would have all been pissed about the bug not being addressed. Now that they are saying that the bug will be addressed you're all pissed because it got delayed. Even if it hadn't been delayed and there was no bug you would have all been pissed about class balance. When it does launch everyone is going to be pissed about something or other so why don't you all just piss off and be glad they at least did something?

If we write up a multi-volume hate thread every time the devs do something for pvp they are going to be less and less willing to do anything. Give it a rest, its not like ranked season 1 is any different from preseason. 99.9% of the games population (myself included obviously) isn't gonna be good enough to really be able to flex its epeen on the online boards. The only other change is a reset to ratings and a fit to the rating calculation bug, whoopty freaking doo.

pretty sure it's because of their constant failure on everything pvp related

meanwhile appeasing you cartel buying nerds and baddie pvers

Hey everyone,

-eric

Eric, if you're that concerned about ratings imbalances, then why wouldn't you wait to start Season 1 until class balance has been addressed? Seems kinda backhanded to delay it because some teams might get ahead due to a bug, but not because of some serious imbalances? Certain classes won't even be addressed at all in 2.5, and nothing has been spoken about smash for another.