This is why we hate PvP

EllieAnne

• 2 weeks later...
Now that BW has forced us back into PvP with Galactic Season I'm sure the data they've been collecting for 6 months now says everyone loves PvP since they made the changes since sooooooo many more players are in warzones. So if you feel forced into PvP because of GS, tell us why you hate PvP. I'd say tell Bioware but if they do read this thread (not likely) then they still won't care.

For me it is the imbalance. Maybe not the kind you are thinking but the imbalance in stun-locks, releases, self-heals, shields, etc. I just got out of a PvP where 2 people were able to hold off 7 of us from capturing a pylon. I know there will be the ubergods of PvP that will come in and say "know yer class" or "you all suck" or "you need to try harder" but the bottom line is that when 2 people can hold off 7 for an extended time, something is broken. They were spamming CC. They would break our CC. They would self-heal for over 50% HP. They would spam their shields and reflects. I wouldn't mind losing in PvP if they were just better fighters than I am, but these are not straight up fights. These are toons loading up on PvP proficiencies and tacticals in order to pwn players through mechanics - not fighting. And then you get them grouping up for warzones and you are pretty much dead. How can I have to have fun when I can't even fight since they can spam stuns on me and if we CC them there is no effect and if my team by some miracle gets them down to 20% health - oh they self-healed back to 80% ... repeat as needed.

Its not imbalance, you just dont know how to play your class against specific classes. its not too complex you just have to read the abilties and utilities for the classes\specs and then use your head to find out how to fight against it wth your class or read about it on the web or talk about combat with your guildmates, its a multiplayer game... its really not that complex, its like read and understand the game rules for a board game and find a way how to play it good. In every post ppl crying about pvp and balance, it becomes clear they re simply ignorant about the game and dont want to think at all! All you have to do is reading the classes, understand how they work and think how to use them in certain situation, its not that hard you dont have to be superhuman for that.

Edited by Faltun

Its not unbalance, you just dont know how to play your class against specific classes. its not too complex you just have to read the abilties and utilities for the classes\specs and then use your head to find out how to fight against it wth your class or read about it on the web or talk about combat with your guildmates, its a multiplayer game... its really not that complex, its like read and understand the game rules for a board game and find a way how to play it good. In every post ppl crying about pvp and unbalance, it becomes clear they re simply ignorant about the game and dont want to think at all! All you have to do is reading the classes, understand how they work and think how to use them in certain situation, its not that hard you dont have to be superhuman for that.

In case you dont want to do that, then maybe you should rethink what games you want to play, maybe mmorpgs are not for you, its okay, no offense here. There are many good star wars games out there, try battlefront 2, fallen order or games like that where you dont have to think about classes and fights that much.

Only reason I hate pvp in this game is the arena matches. I'm not an arena player, I stopped pvp'ing in wow when arena became the meta. It doesn't fit my playstyle and while that's fine - It makes me not want to do pvp in swtor anymore when all I get when trying to get some casual pvp in is arena matches.

After I came back to the game I haven't seen a single warzone map pop, it's only arena and I'm insta leaving them at this point.

I'll take a premade in every warzone map ever over arena all day, every day.

• 2 months later...

I've been playing this game since the year it was released, and I don't do pvp in this game because the people are awful human beings and also awful in operations and extremely mean-spirited if not towards me, then towards other players and I hate seeing it. It just kills the mood, if you have any sense of feeling and empathy. I'm also sick of people saying it's just text, but it's okay to type that text which drives me and others off? I just don't practice or want to get good I don't have time and because it's laughable on its own. I don't care and I'm going to try for strangers that are jerks, I just want a couple of unlocks and this is the path I am forced to take to get them. not out of fun or desire for PVP or operations, just to get what I want out of it. I mostly play swtor for star wars story content, which is why I'd play any older Bioware game. There's way way waaaaaay better games out there that do pvp right and are fun, This game is not it. In fact, most of the people in the PVP matches or operations make me cringe like Disney's sequel trilogy. They are so hardcore about it, like it matters but let me break it to you, it doesn't matter.

Also, this game is awesome for star wars RPG and there are no other options, especially for this kind of character customization and pre-disney. They put far more money and development time into that than the afterthought pvp. People playing this for PVP should probably rethink that choice. And even in the pve you always get some aggressive person who thinks they own the spawn in an area and follow you all over killing what you are trying to fight. It's embarrassing people are like that and that behavior should NOT be tolerated in this game. I've had less toxic experiences in GTA Online.

Edited by BloodDollx

I've been playing this game since the year it was released, and I don't do pvp in this game. And even in the pve you always get some aggressive person who thinks they own the spawn in an area and follow you all over killing what you are trying to fight. It's embarrassing people are like that and that behavior should NOT be tolerated in this game. I've had less toxic experiences in GTA Online.

How you know people are toxic when you don't play it? In the so called PvE content, which is solo content and not even pve btw, there is literally shared tagging, doesn't even matter if they fight you over the spawns.

Again, first sentence "I've played this game so long" like what does it matter? Literally who asked. Toxic people have one good thing about them, they will never lie to you, tell you how your damage is fine when you do 15k on Nefra or other lies like that. At least they don't talk BS behind your back like all the nice players do, because at the very least toxic players won't lie to you.

What I don't get is why people can't admit they are bad. It's like everyone has such weak mental any more.

I freely admit I suck in Lol cs go most rts for that matter. On the flip side I'm GM in overwatch, I have had top parses in swtor, high yolo que rank, Number 1 ranked back when ghost recon was competitive. (Played in pro team).

Somethings I suck at but at least I know I do. Like healing I'm a baddie.

What I don't get is why people can't admit they are bad. It's like everyone has such weak mental any more.

I freely admit I suck in Lol cs go most rts for that matter. On the flip side I'm GM in overwatch, I have had top parses in swtor, high yolo que rank, Number 1 ranked back when ghost recon was competitive. (Played in pro team).

Somethings I suck at but at least I know I do. Like healing I'm a baddie.

Yes, the thing I don't understand is how do bad people even dare complain about inbalanced teams? You are the reason the teams are unbalanced to begin with. It's just not the devs fault.

Either live with your choice of being terrible after 10 years of playing and stop complaining about losing, because you are the reason you lose - or, level up IRL stop pretending you don't care and get gud.

You lose every reason to blame your team if you make one, yes one tiny mistake - the entire game is immediatly your fault and if you win you got carried. No this is not sarcasm and no this is not accurate, but with this mindset maybe more people would stop being delusional.

I read so often that the people who have many Top3 are wintrading and that it gets predecided who gets what title by some nefarious elitist pvp discord where everyone wintrades for each other, while in reality the people like Aqrius, Alim, Asana, Figlak and Ez'mode are INCOMPREHENSABLE more better than everybody else, and how would that even work? Like you expect 250 players or something all to agree on that? Nah man. I'm not kidding, around the time I got my first 1500 I realized just how much better they are and also how I didn't realize this before, sure you knlw they are good but wow, just wow - the way from 58% winrate to 65% is so much harder then from 50% to 58%... and then, here we are, on the forums where if you even dare say spam clicking and objective is bad and the people doing it are throwing you get called a toxic elitist, it's not meant to be toxic - but I won't lie to you, the truth is the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so tired of entering Voidstar or team match that is 70% over on a team that has no chance of winning. How is this supposed to be fun. If the game is so lopsided that players are leaving in droves or one team doesn't have enough to make the match competitive, don't start the game. Or maybe recognize there's a problem with your format.

<Update> Literally today I have twice logged into a 4v4 match to lay dead in round 2 and watch my team lose. I took a loss for simply attempting to pvp. No attack made. Not even able to move onto the battlefield.

Edited by RedDeadFord

I'm so tired of entering Voidstar or team match that is 70% over on a team that has no chance of winning. How is this supposed to be fun. If the game is so lopsided that players are leaving in droves or one team doesn't have enough to make the match competitive, don't start the game. Or maybe recognize there's a problem with your format.

Happens all the time. It's just something you have to live with. Some matches always end up as complete squashes. It's booring on both sides.

I had a hyper gate where the highest DPS on my team was 1.5k against a premade. Just accept it and move on. Match making is the problem, but that's mainly caused by low population. it's a double edge sword. In an ideal scenario there would be 10 teams in que, then MM would work. We need players of all skill in que but currently the population is preventing growth.

No one wants to get rolled time and time again. I have been on the side of premades for a while, but I'm starting to think they need to be split if another group is not in que. Just for the new player experience.

Edited by TmoneyTime

Happens all the time. It's just something you have to live with. Some matches always end up as complete squashes. It's booring on both sides.

I had a hyper gate where the highest DPS on my team was 1.5k against a premade. Just accept it and move on. Match making is the problem, but that's mainly caused by low population. it's a double edge sword. In an ideal scenario there would be 10 teams in que, then MM would work. We need players of all skill in que but currently the population is preventing growth.

No one wants to get rolled time and time again. I have been on the side of premades for a while, but I'm starting to think they need to be split if another group is not in que. Just for the new player experience.

Maybe premades are the problem? The pvp population is bottoming out to half full teams and stealthers waiting to the end to collect xp.

• Like 1

Voidstar is a waste of time unless you're on the attacking team first. Defenders start with 3-4 people meaning they cannot cover the doors. This leads to quick plants of bombs. By the time defenders become attackers, the teams fill and those defending have no chance to plant as quickly. This coupled with the fact that Voidstars are longer rounds, it's often better to simply leave, take the 15 minute hit, do heroics until you can queue again rather than waste time in an assured loss.

• 2 weeks later...
Two nights ago on 75s I had a sin on my team playing with no tactical and a single bladed, level 210 saber with no crystal. Their total gear rating was 233. These are the kinds of players who are held off by people 7v2.

In the last 3 weeks I've queued on leth and played multiple games using only rifle shot for all attacks - I did 2k DPS and 3k HPS. Then another few games using only corrosive grenade, literally spamming it as the only attack. 4800 DPS, 3k HPS.

No amount of balancing will fix people so utterly incompetent they are playing with the wrong weapon or who can't even do the same output as someone who is only pressing basic attack every 1.5 seconds. Bioware needs to fix that player education problem if it can even be done.

I bet you have 330 gear, augmented, are a ranked player and only join warzones in your ranked group, right?

Bioware can fix that easily by banning ranked players from casual warzones.

They already made their decision by playing ranked pvp. So queue them against other ranked players and not casuals. Easy as that.

LTP is not helping anybody when 8 ranked players are ganking up on you and kill you in 2 seconds. There is nothing you can learn by that. It is only frustrating.

PvP is almost dead because ranked players are terrorizing casual gamers that just want to finish their weekly quests for gear or their GS objectives.

And no guide, no overrated statement, and no theoretical objections will change that.

Ranked players must not be queued for casual warzones. Period.

I bet you have 330 gear, augmented, are a ranked player and only join warzones in your ranked group, right?

They already made their decision by playing ranked pvp. So queue them against other ranked players and not casuals. Easy as that.

LTP is not helping anybody when 8 ranked players are ganking up on you and kill you in 2 seconds. There is nothing you can learn by that. It is only frustrating.

PvP is almost dead because ranked players are terrorizing casual gamers that just want to finish their weekly quests for gear or their GS objectives.

And no guide, no overrated statement, and no theoretical objections will change that.

Excuse me what? Why shouldn't we be able to participate in normals?

100% you are just mad you got farmed.

Lets go through this one at a time:

[i]Bioware can fix that easily by banning ranked players from casual warzones.[/i]

PVP in its very nature is not casual. I don't know where in the world this whole casual pvp term has come from, but any kind of pvp is a competitive mode. Just because there is no number attached to it doesn't mean its not competitive.

LTP is a big deal. I bet you have spent less time in warzones then most good pvpers have spent parsing. No one likes to get farmed. This is matchmaking fault, but we will never see that fixed. Instead of complaining think about how you can get better. If you want to que with me or have me watch some games and help you. I am more then willing.

I dont understand what game mode you want. This question is like saying I want to PVP but only against people worse then me. Frankly I find it fun messing with premades and trolling them in chat. They get sooo mad, stop taking it so serious.

Ranked players must not be queued for casual warzones.

What kind of system is this? So you que for arenas and you can que for battlegrounds. That's the exact same thing as saying wellp you started playing a tank, so you'll just play a tank. This is a logical fallacy and is impossible in game wise.

The truth is, Most PVP players were bad when they started. The game has a learning curve that requires information that is not in game. ITs not friendly to new players and doesn't do a good job of explaining how/what pvp is and works. That's what your feeling. You don't understand what is going on, thus you think its unfair. There is going to be some content coming to help solve this but its not ready.(Mainly due to how busy at work a few of us are right now).

I would suggest asking those same players for help. If not I'll answer any questions you have.

Edited by TmoneyTime
  • Like 1

This is the first time someone at least tries to be of help. Thanks for that! I will try to explain.

Lets go through this one at a time:

Indeed.

[i]Bioware can fix that easily by banning ranked players from casual warzones.[/i]

PVP in its very nature is not casual. I don't know where in the world this whole casual pvp term has come from, but any kind of pvp is a competitive mode. Just because there is no number attached to it doesn't mean its not competitive.

Of course pvp is competitive. I did not say it wasn't. I enjoy warzone pvp a lot. I do almost nothing else. Thing is, that ranked players are playing pvp in another league than casual gamers. That is why they compete in ranked games for special rewards, right? They are especially good at what they do, right? Why don't highschool kids play in the Superbowl? Any suggestions? Why do ranked players participate in warzones? Maybe there is no 'number' attached to it, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be. There are people that just want to have a good time playing pvp warzones. I don't mind losing a game as long as it was a fun time. And I enjoy winning as long as the game was challenging. Getting globaled 16 minutes straight in VS does not make any fun and there is no challenge to be had. Losing HB in less than 4 minutes does not make fun. Arena is not a warzone and doesn't make any fun at all.

Ranked players should not be allowed to queue for 'normal' - not ranked - warzones, as professional football players are not allowed to play in highschool football games. Simple as that.

LTP is a big deal. I bet you have spent less time in warzones then most good pvpers have spent parsing. No one likes to get farmed. This is matchmaking fault, but we will never see that fixed. Instead of complaining think about how you can get better. If you want to que with me or have me watch some games and help you. I am more then willing.

As I said, I enjoy pvp warzones a lot. I do almost nothing else. Like 4-5 hours a day. As I go along I LTP. But I don't reach the point where I become the unstoppable killing machine ranked players became. Maybe because I don't own a mouse with 246 buttons on it. Maybe because I am no keybinding god. Maybe because I don't get the clue for two-hitting tanks. I enjoy collecting the objectives and win/lose the game as best as I can.

The matchmaking fault can easily be fixed by giving ranked players their own warzones. You are registered for ranked games? You are matched with other players that are registered for ranked games. This should be the easiest database query ever. Like at most 5 lines of code? Maybe 6?

Maybe you see my suggestion as 'complaining', could be. I think about getting better but against 8 ranked players in 2 pre-made groups you can think about whatever you want, you won't get better. You get better when matched against people that are on your level of skill, experience and equipment. Or putting it more simple: against other casual - nor ranked - players.

I would like to be mentored. When you do have a character on the German server Tulak Hord I would appreciate your company. Thanks for the offer.

I dont understand what game mode you want. This question is like saying I want to PVP but only against people worse then me. Frankly I find it fun messing with premades and trolling them in chat. They get sooo mad, stop taking it so serious.

On my server there are round about 40 people playing pvp. Mostly you are matched with and against the same people for 4-8 hours, depending on the day of the week. Like 20 of them are ranked players. So getting a group of people that are just as bad as you are yourself is the most challenging part. But sometimes it happens. 8 casuals matched against 8 casuals. Awesome games. A lot of fun to be had, no matter win or lose. The games are challenging, funny, and rewarding. I like losing 12 fun games with other casuals more than winning 4 games with ranked players. And losing 12 games against ranked players is the most annoying waste of time there is. Especially when the ranked players don't even care about winning and only care about their kill results. I troll those ranked players in VS when we were defenders first by just opening the first door and ending the game as quickly as possible.

Maybe I was able to show you, that I don't want to be matched against players that are worse than me, I just don't want to be matched against ranked players. Ranked players are very skilled, no doubt, but they are way out of the league casual gamers are. They should have their own warzones. On my server that would mean that 20 ranked players would have their challenging games and 20 casual gamers would have their own challenging games. Again, I don't mind losing. I want to have fun. But there is no fun to be had when ranked players are in the game. Just like in the football analogy I mentioned. Professionals are not allowed in non-professional games. So why not in SWTOR?

Another idea would be to activate the ignore-list for pvp. Then I could put the 20 ranked players on my list and will never be matched with or against them anymore. I wouldn't mind waiting 20-30 minutes for a fun pvp game.

Ranked players must not be queued for casual warzones.

What kind of system is this? So you que for arenas and you can que for battlegrounds. That's the exact same thing as saying wellp you started playing a tank, so you'll just play a tank. This is a logical fallacy and is impossible in game wise.

No, it is not. As explained above, ranked players are professionals. So let them play in their professional games. Somewhere in the code is a database where participants in ranked games are registered. Use it for matching purposes. Simple as that.

What kind of system that is? A real life system by which sports are done for ages. It is not rocket science.

To address the 'tank' thingy: "Well, you don't want to be a tank anymore? Make a new character."

No rocket science either. ;)

The truth is, Most PVP players were bad when they started. The game has a learning curve that requires information that is not in game. ITs not friendly to new players and doesn't do a good job of explaining how/what pvp is and works. That's what your feeling. You don't understand what is going on, thus you think its unfair. There is going to be some content coming to help solve this but its not ready.

I play SWTOR for 10 years now. I experienced pvp in all eras of the game. And I think I reached the point where no information - in game or otherwise - will change that. I totally understand what is going on. Ranked players love terrorizing casual players in warzones for their own pleasure. Sometimes they even admit it. Sometimes they tell other ranked players, that they just want to farm kills and don't care about winning. Sometimes they accidentally tell you that they are just in the game to sabotage your team so their buddies win. I experienced all of that more than once. And yes, that is unfair.

That there will be content to help in this matter is highly unlikely.

I already mentioned two simple tweaks to end the problem.

1) Match ranked against ranked and casual against casual. Simple database query.

2) Activate the ignore-list for pvp. When somebody is on my ignore-list I don't want to play with them at all. Sadly I still see their emotes and am matched with and against them in pvp. That can't be too difficult to fix. 2-4 lines of code maybe?

(Mainly due to how busy at work a few of us are right now)

This almost sounds like you are one of the developers. Then go for it. Databased query or game-wide active ignore-list. Problem solved. Either one of those solutions shouldn't take you more than a day and would end the discussion about pvp problems that do not involve bugs, imbalance, favored classes, or broken equipment up- or downgrades.

I would suggest asking those same players for help. If not I'll answer any questions you have.

Pardon me, but those same players are the last people on earth I would want to have contact with. They would all be on my ignore-list, if it would work correctly. They are not nice people. Maybe on your server they are the best. Could be, on my server they are horrible people. As I mentioned earlier "This is the first time someone at least tries to be of help. Thanks for that!"

I put like 30 questions down here, but realized they were corrupted by emotions. So I won't bother you with them here and now. Thanks for the offer none the less.

And many thanks for the first constructive reply I've read on the matter.

• Sad 1

Now that BW has forced us back into PvP with Galactic Season I'm sure the data they've been collecting for 6 months now says everyone loves PvP since they made the changes since sooooooo many more players are in warzones. So if you feel forced into PvP because of GS, tell us why you hate PvP. I'd say tell Bioware but if they do read this thread (not likely) then they still won't care.

For me it is the imbalance. Maybe not the kind you are thinking but the imbalance in stun-locks, releases, self-heals, shields, etc. I just got out of a PvP where 2 people were able to hold off 7 of us from capturing a pylon. I know there will be the ubergods of PvP that will come in and say "know yer class" or "you all suck" or "you need to try harder" but the bottom line is that when 2 people can hold off 7 for an extended time, something is broken. They were spamming CC. They would break our CC. They would self-heal for over 50% HP. They would spam their shields and reflects. I wouldn't mind losing in PvP if they were just better fighters than I am, but these are not straight up fights. These are toons loading up on PvP proficiencies and tacticals in order to pwn players through mechanics - not fighting. And then you get them grouping up for warzones and you are pretty much dead. How can I have to have fun when I can't even fight since they can spam stuns on me and if we CC them there is no effect and if my team by some miracle gets them down to 20% health - oh they self-healed back to 80% ... repeat as needed.

You just answered several of your own questions in this tirade of stupidity, Perhaps learning the game and how to counter classes could make you stand a better chance. Imagine playing PVP to click nodes and run back and forth. Literally anti pvp gameplay. Again, perhaps learning your class would help you but that's just me. Typically objective players have very limited game knowledge or anything. In their guilds they're always running SM ops and never progressing to HM and above. This paragraph tells me all i need to know about you and where you're at in the game. You have very little knowledge of the game, stuck doing SM ops, etc. If you want to get out of this endless loop then i'd suggest learning your class and how others work.

Edited by Xerekfell

This is the first time someone at least tries to be of help. Thanks for that! I will try to explain.

Indeed.

Of course pvp is competitive. I did not say it wasn't. I enjoy warzone pvp a lot. I do almost nothing else. Thing is, that ranked players are playing pvp in another league than casual gamers.

As I said, I enjoy pvp warzones a lot. I do almost nothing else. Like 4-5 hours a day. As I go along I LTP. But I don't reach the point where I become the unstoppable killing machine ranked players became. Maybe because I don't own a mouse with 246 buttons on it. Maybe because I am no keybinding god. I enjoy collecting the objectives and win/lose the game as best as I can.

I would like to be mentored. When you do have a character on the German server Tulak Hord I would appreciate your company. Thanks for the offer.

I wouldn't mind waiting 20-30 minutes for a fun pvp game.

No, it is not. As explained above, ranked players are professionals. So let them play in their professional games. Somewhere in the code is a database where participants in ranked games are registered. Use it for matching purposes. Simple as that.

I play SWTOR for 10 years now. I experienced pvp in all eras of the game. And I think I reached the point where no information - in game or otherwise - will change that. I totally understand what is going on. Ranked players love terrorizing casual players in warzones for their own pleasure. Sometimes they even admit it. Sometimes they tell other ranked players, that they just want to farm kills and don't care about winning.

That there will be content to help in this matter is highly unlikely.

This almost sounds like you are one of the developers.

They are not nice people. Maybe on your server they are the best. Could be, on my server they are horrible people. As I mentioned earlier "This is the first time someone at least tries to be of help. Thanks for that!"

Again I will take it one question/point at a time.

Of course pvp is competitive. I did not say it wasn't. I enjoy warzone pvp a lot. I do almost nothing else. Thing is, that ranked players are playing pvp in another league than casual gamers

We first need to get out of this mindset. It's already a defeatist attitude. There is no difference between the people that play Arenas vs Battle Grounds. Most players will play in both at some point in time. PVPers are PVPers nothing more nothing less. It doesn't matter what que they are in, some of the best players in the game do not play in ranked and vice versa.

Maybe because I don't own a mouse with 246 buttons on it. Maybe because I am no key binding god. I enjoy collecting the objectives and win/lose the game as best as I can.

I'm not going to lie to you, If you want to pvp at any level you need to learn to keybind. You don't have to use a MMO mouse. I actually hate them. I use a sensei ten with 5 buttons that I use 3 of. Mostly for UI stuff and turning. None of my ability's are on my mouse. I prefer to use shift and alt modifiers no macros.

Yes if you want to play pvp at a good level you need to key bind. If your refusing too honestly that is why your having games like you had. Honestly collecting objectives is a trap the game has put in. What actually matters in 8s is map control. You get map control by dps pressure that leads to objectives. Its not really your fault for not knowing this, Blame the removal of ranked 8s that taught people how to play.

I play SWTOR for 10 years now. I experienced pvp in all eras of the game. And I think I reached the point where no information - in game or otherwise - will change that. I totally understand what is going on

I'm going to disagree with this statement. I just recently put more practice into parsing and getting my rotation down better. I do this all the time. No way there is not something your doing wrong. We all can improve. For me my parse was falling short of 28k in pvp gear due to the way I was using deadly saber the in watchman spec. Not delaying it enough with the changes to burning Zen. I have switched back to playing it more like 2.0 and seen a 1k dps increase.

The point of that isn't to brag, but to ask do you know what your dps parse is? what it was last patch? what numbers others are pulling the same class?. Saying you cant get better is giving up. Every single player can get better.

I will be more then happy to server transfer there when I have some free time and go over things with you. Honestly I need to get 1 toon on each server anyway to help with issues like this in the future.

This almost sounds like you are one of the developers.

Not a Dev but have some plans for the pvp revamp with some others. Cant go into details right now.

• Like 1

This game has never been a pvp game, from day 1 they screwed up pvp.

Anyone taking pvp serious at this point, some 10 years later is as laughable as the obi-wan tv show.

If you were serious about pvp you would not be playing this game.

This game is about story, I have been coming back to it for 10 years, making new toons, re-experiencing the story. I never once thought, I need to go play SWTOR for some pvp action.

Just a few personal thoughts on the matter.

@Vandergroth said:

328, primarily Thyrsian with a few Rakata pieces, using purple augs here, have they fixed the bug where augs don't matter in PVP? Barely dipped my toes in Ranked. I mostly queue on my own (and when I'm in a group they will usually not be active Ranked players). My apologies, but are you saying that a Ranked noob like myself who just wanted to see what all the hubbub was about during the off-season period should never get to do a WZ on any alt that ever did a Ranked queue? My apologies, but I disagree.

There is also this:

Ranked players should not be allowed to queue for 'normal' - not ranked - warzones, as professional football players are not allowed to play in highschool football games. Simple as that.

I apologize again, but I disagree here as well. If we're talking about association football, or soccer, rather than American football (we might both be more familiar with the former if you play on Tulak Hord), then there are ample opportunities for pick-up matches between random people, friendly matches, or even tournaments which do not affect a team or a player's local, national or international standing. Much like SWTOR players earn Valor, both football players and teams become better known and get to practice and / or hone their skills during the off-season, or during breaks, in 'unranked' encounters. If anything, were I to suggest any kind of matchmaking, I would say 'use average Valor rank to form similar teams', frustrating as it can get for someone who hit 500 to get teammates with way lower ranks, but, seriously... you can both carry and teach in the process, just watch out for the ones who can actually tunnel you.

In my case, to avoid some amount of frustration, I never queue for randoms in other MMOs if I can't carry the whole team in PVE, at least.

(This does not solve the premade-vs-pug issue, I know. Someone smarter than myself might be needed to deal with that one. Look, I used to earn a living by hitting a ball with my head in order to score points often enough, cut me some slack here.)

Other people have mentioned 'toxicity'. Yes, this is a thing. However, this is also an online game played among people who are, oftentimes, thousands of miles apart. If someone from the Internet telling you to kill yourself will make you even consider it, please, seek professional assistance; there are specialists who work pro bono out there if you can't afford their fees. If you get insulted by some random person and it ends up being a genuine blow to your self-esteem, do the same and understand this:

There are people in the world who lead unpleasant lives, so a bunch of them take it out on whoever they can harm and sometimes derive some temporary relief and / or satisfaction from it. If you're more empathic, respect their pain and be happy with the fact that you may well be in a better place. If not, just focus your negative emotions, speak some swear words where you're playing, rather than typing them out, then move on. Seriously, how are you going to handle real life if you care too much about the rage of some random online stranger who can't ever get to you and express it in person?

Not gonna say that SWTOR's PVP is or has ever been 'good', whatever that means, but it is better than the ones found in games where you just can't do it without P2W or FoMO gear. EA has games with both. This is not one of them. I'm not protecting them (or Disney, for that matter, they can take their Vented sabers and try to think about what would happen if one's hand can slip on that impromptu crossguard, nevermind their Rey Sue or their Kylo Stu), but it can be worse. Seriously, if you're willing to hunt for max gear, check out the future R-4 op on YouTube or on the PTS, if you can pull off a group for it. That's what's coming.

Edited by Chiperiu
After further verification, I can add two more IR points on a couple of specs and it looks like I also forgot to type a few words in