If someone from Bioware can answer this ongoing problem with GSF, I'll pick up a sub.

Mystic_Chaos

I know the title is lame but I'd pay just to hear an official answer. This topic has been brought up in the forum nearly since GSF was launched and never addressed. I stayed subbed for years despite the lack of story and end game but I enjoyed GSF so much, I kept paying. Bioware refused to handle Griefers/Leeches/Cheaters, whatever they are called or the reason for the behavior so I dropped my sub 2 years ago, only picking up 1 month a year, at least until a new MMO comes out.

Giving the exact time and player info, Bioware should be able to pull up the player account and see their record. Dying 10 times without firing a shot and avoiding vote kick, that takes effort. There could be something on the backend to weed these people out, like if their legacy has over 30 matches with 0's across the board, they get banned from GSF. Let them appeal it if they like but they should have to explain their actions too. People have openly admitted in the match that they do it and they've even took the conversation to fleet chat saying they do it and good luck kicking them. Bioware dropped the ball on player behavior to the point people feel comfortable admitting they throw matches in Fleet Chat. Also, I don't mean new players, people testing out GSF for the first time getting the hang of it but people who play match after match without doing a thing but dying.

I blame them but I also blame Bioware. Forcing people in playing content they don't like for Conquest or Galactic Seasons makes the problem worse. If the idea is to make people play PVP, give them an option of Warzones or GSF but also address the people throwing matches on top of it. I see it in Warzones too. I don't know if Galactic Seasons 2 will improve GSF cheaters but I won't bet on it. Throwing a match in GSF takes maybe 3 minutes while running an OP, Uprising, Warzones, it all takes longer to get the points. Why wouldn't they cheat when they can get away with it and 5x the points in the same amount of time?

It would be nice to uphold the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. By Bioware and EA's own vague legalese, the players are violating TOS because they don't play as intended and ruining other players fun along with causing a loss of revenue since people unsub.

https://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/termsofservice

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS and the SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS CAREFULLY. WHEN YOU USE ANY ONLINE GAME, SERVICE or WEBSITE FROM ELECTRONIC ARTS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS TERMS OF SERVICE.

Last Update: May 5th, 2009

5. Rules of Conduct.

In addition to the Terms of Service, you must obey all federal, state, and local laws, regulations and rules that apply to your activities when you use TOR Services. BioWare and LucasArts reserves the right to terminate your Account and to prevent your use of any and all TOR Services, if your Account is used to engage in illegal activity or to violate this Terms of Service.

The Rules of Conduct for all TOR Services appear at http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct. Specific TOR Services may also post additional rules that apply to your conduct on those services.

If you encounter another user who is violating the Rules of Conduct, please report this activity by using the “Help” or “Report Abuse” functions in the TOR Service.

https://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Last Update: November 17th, 2011

The Rules of Conduct are guidelines that apply to conduct and behavior on the Star Wars: The Old Republic website, product and service (“Service”). We appreciate you taking the time to review them as their purpose is to ensure that, together, we provide a safe, fair and fun environment for all players.

General Rules and Guidelines

To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

1. Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

Here is EA's Terms of Service also.

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section6

6. Rules of Conduct

We want you to have a good time playing our games. So we expect you, like all players, to respect EA and your fellow players. This means, for example, obey the law, don’t cheat, don’t be offensive, don’t hack our software, don’t spam or bot, don’t lie to EA or our players. Those are the highlights. Read the full list of what not to do in the Rules of Conduct.

Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.

Engage or assist in cheating or other anticompetitive behavior (such as boosting, collusion, and match or matchmaking manipulation).

It is only one of several issues. There are quite a few things I can say about GSF but overall, I like the gameplay. More Ships, Maps, Req uses, expansion into other gameplay, all can be listed but dealing with the griefers are low hanging fruit and quicker to fix than the rest I guess.

If anything the community does the legwork for Bioware by reporting them with pictures. This is more of a joke but if given access to the scoreboards, I'd collate all of it manually and deliver everything on a silver platter. Pay me in Cartel Coins. A little code on the backend could solve it all though. Them not caring is the issue. It's clear they don't play GSF or it would have been fixed along with other things.

I am primarily a conquest focused pilot, but I do try. I don't suicide myself to get the extra ship count even though it's "better" for conquest. I'd rather win - I play the objectives and do my best every time. Even as a more "casual" player than most here I'm sure, the leeching absolutely kills matches for me. It makes me not want to queue.

It sucks to see my team control two sats, then we have none. I look at the map and see two people spinning in circles or idle, and we can't vote kick them because they manage to "contribute" via blowing themselves up or simply I can't get people to vote to kick. And sometimes when I ask people to vote kick I get hit with telling me to focus on the match and not what others are doing. What?? Paying attention to my teammates is what I do to make sure I can support if needed since people don't call for help 9 times out of 10 (in gsf or warzones).

And it's getting worse and worse all the time. I just did a match on Star Forge today and there were 3 leeches (2 on my team, 1 on the other) in just that one match. People are aware that they don't actually have to contribute, and there's nothing that can be done to stop them from doing so.

Rant over... sorry about that.

• 4 weeks later...
I am primarily a conquest focused pilot, but I do try. I don't suicide myself to get the extra ship count even though it's "better" for conquest. I'd rather win - I play the objectives and do my best every time. Even as a more "casual" player than most here I'm sure, the leeching absolutely kills matches for me. It makes me not want to queue.

It sucks to see my team control two sats, then we have none. I look at the map and see two people spinning in circles or idle, and we can't vote kick them because they manage to "contribute" via blowing themselves up or simply I can't get people to vote to kick. And sometimes when I ask people to vote kick I get hit with telling me to focus on the match and not what others are doing. What?? Paying attention to my teammates is what I do to make sure I can support if needed since people don't call for help 9 times out of 10 (in gsf or warzones).

And it's getting worse and worse all the time. I just did a match on Star Forge today and there were 3 leeches (2 on my team, 1 on the other) in just that one match. People are aware that they don't actually have to contribute, and there's nothing that can be done to stop them from doing so.

Rant over... sorry about that.

was in a match the other day where we "WERE" winning until 4 players from the same guild joined and self destructed the whole match. it was the match where you had to get 50pts. needless to say the other side won by 30pts from the SDers.