Overall Achievements Leaderboard 3

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic work Acronic! Maybe one day I can buy all of my achievements just like you! Seriously you bring shame upon us all. We're achievement hunters, but what is the point of doing it if people like you pay for Gods and Dxun and then try to get on a leaderboard as if you deserved to be ranked among people who actually earned it? People like you are glorified buyers and you poison the well of competition. I hope you're happy with yourself since anyone who actually works for their achievements certainly is not.

Hello all, I'm Blinks. I wanted to address the ever-growing elephant in the room.

This Achievement Leader-board forum post has been a great way to stay motivated and not let the grind get me down; but ultimately my goal is to earn every achievement in the game. This is a personal journey for me and (I assume) for everyone else here too. It's an individual race and there's plenty of room at the top for all of us to hit 100%. But there's been a growing trend here which has been souring this community and needs addressing. Players buying their Ops achievements.

I don't personally understand why someone would buy Ops achievements. It's akin to buying a gold medal and telling your friends you're now an Olympic champion. Everyone knows you cheated and it'll forever hurt your chances to get on a solid Ops team in the future. The NiM raiding community is small and everyone shares the names of people that buy achievements across guilds and servers. So why someone would purposefully destroy their own reputation for all time is beyond me.

People are free to do what they like I suppose... but the reason I care is that cheating spits in the face of everyone else in this thread that have been working so hard to legitimately earn their Ops achievements. Players spend months progging Ops bosses until they finally break through and earn their kill. It's exciting to watch and be apart of. But buying achievements cheats everyone in this thread and ruins the value of their accomplishments. Worse yet, should the cheated scores be posted, it'll condone cheating as the new standard and perhaps more people will see it as the acceptable way to get Ops achievements. If that happens, then what's the point of even being here?

I've decided that I'll continue participating in these leader-boards so long as the cheated scores aren't ranked. Should they be ranked, then I'll quietly stop posting and pursue my goal of 100% achievements with my friends away from the forums. I don't want to give validity to cheaters by continuing to compete against their cheated "scores".

Edited by fivesins

Hey, I would like to react to your post, just like I did to Mr. Lord.

This Achievement Leader-board forum post has been a great way to stay motivated and not let the grind get me down; but ultimately my goal is to earn every achievement in the game. This is a personal journey for me and (I assume) for everyone else here too. It's an individual race and there's plenty of room at the top for all of us to hit 100%.

I feel the same way about them as you do. Achievements make the game still fun and interesting for me. The only thing that keeps me busy besides achievements is ranked PVP, but I am fine with doing the stories all over again if there is nothing to do.

I don't personally understand why someone would buy Ops achievements.

Whats not to understand here? Like you, I want 100% and sadly I do not have your possibilities of playing. I cannot attend raids like you can. Would I do it if it were possible? Of course I would! I even did so before, I am playing this game for almost 10 years now and have experienced proggression at its finest. Sadly those times are behind me now and there are more important RL issues to attend to. So the only way to get the achievements is by "renting" a group that will do them with me.

It's akin to buying a gold medal and telling your friends you're now an Olympic champion.

Heh not really. If you are comparing an imaginary computer environment where you achieve stuff by sitting, clicking and pressing keys on an keyboard then you got some issues mate. These are pixels, this environment does not really exist. The Devs have the power to create an account which has all achievements, unlimited credits etc instantly cause this is a software. This game should be treated as such. How many achievements were simply granted by customer support, just like that?? Olympics are real, you need to be fantastic to participate. You need to train from morning till evening, everyday and outmacht all the others. This takes place in the real world, where no Dev can simply create an Olympic winner from nothing, its takes years of dedication. Please do not compare swtor achievements to olympics.

Everyone knows you cheated and it'll forever hurt your chances to get on a solid Ops team in the future. The NiM raiding community is small and everyone shares the names of people that buy achievements across guilds and servers. So why someone would purposefully destroy their own reputation for all time is beyond me.

Here you need to differenciate what actually happens. You have typical sales runs, where the buyer simply /stucks it at the begining and the sellers do the rest. Then you have actually hard content which needs the full 8 people to do and there the buyer needs skill to actually contribute to the kill. As you said the community is small and the people probably mostly know me. I have done many things with germans as the people on DM had "issues with me" and they found me worthy of the achievements. I often got suggestions to proggress with the groups but sadly I have to turn down everything due to my RL situation.

People are free to do what they like I suppose... but the reason I care is that cheating spits in the face of everyone else in this thread that have been working so hard to legitimately earn their Ops achievements.

Yes, people can do what they want as long as its fine by the Devs, its their game. You also need to realize that for a sale to go by you need both sides to participate, buyer and sellers. For the sellers its also prestige that they are able to sell the content. They are actually so good that they are able to carry one person through the content. That is remarkable I have to say, when you have groups still proggressing on the bosses and then you have a group that can do it with 1 player less in the group! If the people wouldnt sell, then people wouldnt get these achievements. But people do what they want so..... This is also where the skill of the buyer comes in. The sellers will say "we cant sell that cause we need 8 ppl" then you say , you got the skill and they sell it. Simple. Is that actually a sales run?

If that happens, then what's the point of even being here?

This is something you need to ask yourself. I do not collect achievements for you, Eric Musco, to show off etc. I do it for me. I like playing this game, its fun and that is my point of being here.

I've decided that I'll continue participating in these leader-boards so long as the cheated scores aren't ranked. Should they be ranked, then I'll quietly stop posting and pursue my goal of 100% achievements with my friends away from the forums. I don't want to give validity to cheaters by continuing to compete against their cheated "scores".

What do you call cheating? Is buying a run where you actively contribute to the kill cheating? You clearly have the skill but do not have the team. The same issue is in ranked PVP where a group of people secures the top spots. They are the best and deserve these spots, yet they still maniulate the matches so that they reach their goal for sure. Why are ops achievements supposed to be reached by proggressing with a group for 6 months?

I personnaly do not see this as cheating, at least if the buyer has the skill to do it, but just misses the team for some good reason. If you would just stuck it at the start, it sucks, but thats still a way to do it. After all I wonder how people get their PVP achievements....

I don’t know why you guys are attacking Mero but he’s actually a great player and I wish I could have a player like him in my group.

See? I told you they know me :)

And what are u doing in this thread Monk?

Edited by merovejec

Hey, I would like to react to your post, just like I did to Mr. Lord.

I feel the same way about them as you do. Achievements make the game still fun and interesting for me. The only thing that keeps me busy besides achievements is ranked PVP, but I am fine with doing the stories all over again if there is nothing to do.

Whats not to understand here? Like you, I want 100% and sadly I do not have your possibilities of playing. I cannot attend raids like you can. Would I do it if it were possible? Of course I would! I even did so before, I am playing this game for almost 10 years now and have experienced proggression at its finest. Sadly those times are behind me now and there are more important RL issues to attend to. So the only way to get the achievements is by "renting" a group that will do them with me.

Heh not really. If you are comparing an imaginary computer environment where you achieve stuff by sitting, clicking and pressing keys on an keyboard then you got some issues mate. These are pixels, this environment does not really exist. The Devs have the power to create an account which has all achievements, unlimited credits etc instantly cause this is a software. This game should be treated as such. How many achievements were simply granted by customer support, just like that?? Olympics are real, you need to be fantastic to participate. You need to train from morning till evening, everyday and outmacht all the others. This takes place in the real world, where no Dev can simply create an Olympic winner from nothing, its takes years of dedication. Please do not compare swtor achievements to olympics.

Here you need to differenciate what actually happens. You have typical sales runs, where the buyer simply /stucks it at the begining and the sellers do the rest. Then you have actually hard content which needs the full 8 people to do and there the buyer needs skill to actually contribute to the kill. As you said the community is small and the people probably mostly know me. I have done many things with germans as the people on DM had "issues with me" and they found me worthy of the achievements. I often got suggestions to proggress with the groups but sadly I have to turn down everything due to my RL situation.

Yes, people can do what they want as long as its fine by the Devs, its their game. You also need to realize that for a sale to go by you need both sides to participate, buyer and sellers. For the sellers its also prestige that they are able to sell the content. They are actually so good that they are able to carry one person through the content. That is remarkable I have to say, when you have groups still proggressing on the bosses and then you have a group that can do it with 1 player less in the group! If the people wouldnt sell, then people wouldnt get these achievements. But people do what they want so..... This is also where the skill of the buyer comes in. The sellers will say "we cant sell that cause we need 8 ppl" then you say , you got the skill and they sell it. Simple. Is that actually a sales run?

This is something you need to ask yourself. I do not collect achievements for you, Eric Musco, to show off etc. I do it for me. I like playing this game, its fun and that is my point of being here.

What do you call cheating? Is buying a run where you actively contribute to the kill cheating? You clearly have the skill but do not have the team. The same issue is in ranked PVP where a group of people secures the top spots. They are the best and deserve these spots, yet they still maniulate the matches so that they reach their goal for sure. Why are ops achievements supposed to be reached by proggressing with a group for 6 months?

I personnaly do not see this as cheating, at least if the buyer has the skill to do it, but just misses the team for some good reason. If you would just stuck it at the start, it sucks, but thats still a way to do it. After all I wonder how people get their PVP achievements....

You literally pay people to do things for you. As for proof, I have a surprise lined up. Your justifications for being a buyer are sad, it's like if a runner can't beat Usain Bolt, he says it's because he can't exercise 5 days a week because he's busy, so he takes steroids. You also state " If you are comparing an imaginary computer environment where you achieve stuff by sitting, clicking and pressing keys on an keyboard then you got some issues mate." Regardless of the medium, there is measurable merit involved, like working one's *** off to clear Gods with a set team among others, and you have not met those criteria. You paid a team to do something for you, plain and simple. You actively try to demean playing this game, meanwhile, you seem to care a great deal, considering you feel you deserve to be up on a leaderboard with people who don't buy sales, which you just admitted to. If you wish to be so transparent, then every time you update a score, tell us how many points you bought. You'll get a nice asterisk next to your name and everyone can judge. You also try to obfuscate in your last example, meanwhile, any criticism you make is inherently invalid as you PAID to have an operation done for you. Hell, if Blinks or myself was like you, we'd be done, save for login rewards. But I refuse to ever give up my pride, if nothing is done here regarding your bought score and any others, you can have this forum all to yourself, I refuse to participate at that point.

See? I told you they know me :)

And what are u doing in this thread Monk?

LMAO, one random guy claiming you're a great player is automatically a character builder and negates your buyerness. I wouldn't be surprised if this an alt account or you paid him, considering every single time without fail, nobody has said a positive thing about anything you've done.

LMAO, one random guy claiming you're a great player is automatically a character builder and negates your buyerness. I wouldn't be surprised if this an alt account or you paid him, considering every single time without fail, nobody has said a positive thing about anything you've done.

Dont tell me you do not know that person??

I don’t know why you guys are attacking Mero but he’s actually a great player and I wish I could have a player like him in my group. The moment when he was not able to log raids 5 days a week anymore was the darkest timeline for the whole raiding community. If any of you was at least half as good as Mero, this conversation would never happen because you’d know who he is and what he is capable of.

I apologize to you good sir, sometimes I am a terrible sarcasm detector.

Those are some serious acusations there! Giving someone access to ones account goes against the ToS so unless you have serious proof I wouldnt speak so openly about it! Yes, I did pay to get the operation stuff, but not that I cannot do it, but because I do not have a team that I would proggress with. My RL does not allow me to login 5 times a week and raid with 15 other people from 8-12 pm. However, my skills make it easy for a group to take me along and do the content with me. Its fast when you got a good group and the buyer also adds to the kills.

Heh, any Damians in chat