Galactic Seasons Feedback

JackieKo

Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

Yes, with a little poking around. It became noticeably inconvenient to refer to it without a hotkey (such as L for the mission log or ctrl-G for Activites)

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes kind of...see next remarks...

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

Overall, the list of PO objectives seem reasonable - some a bit grindy, but I gather that's part of the purpose.

Others have remarked on listing them in the Conquest window; potentially confusing. Upon carefully reading the detailed explanation post earlier today, my confusion when diving in is not going to be as big an issue when it goes live.

Clicking on the Daily or Weekly buttons in the GS window just took me to the conquest list, which doesn't really help.

PO really, really need to be labeled for Daily and Weekly! I still haven't figured out how to tell which are the chosen Weekly PO - or even which are weekly and which aren't, without opening each one and seeing if it's a group-only thing.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

Biggest frustration with that is apparently one only gets GS points for the selected PO. I did a few others (e.g. Balmorra bug hunting), but the GS point total froze at 6 (which would be 3 each for two Dailies). Having everytrhing listed was confusing. (To be sure, if all the extra PO won't be seen when it goes live, that's not an issue.)

In general, the cadence/points seem okay. Not much more grindy than running Conquest already (lots of overlap, which is nice).

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

Biggest issue is information! Make it clear which are the Daily & Weekly PO. (hover info would be nice)

Distinct sort or tab for PO in the Conquest window!

Overall, the system seems to function well enough. It took some figuring out (gosh it really helped to RTFM!), but hopefully the interface will become more informative and easier to use.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite easily, not that hard and most people claiming login rewards should stumble onto it as its a new tab on the same page.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Easily as they came up at the top of my conquest, itd be nicer if it was highlighted in a different colour like Gold or Orange or something.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

Dailies list seemed easy and fine, not too time consuming but not difficult either.

Seems fine so far.

The rewards for getting to higher tiers which requires more constant daily gameplay.

Also theres no big prize for getting to the end. Perhaps adding a flair or character title for getting to tier 100 would be good each season.

I drafted a rough "flair" that could be given for hitting tier 100. Imgur Link

Either that or a baggie/lockbox of maybe like 5-10 Galactic Seasons tokens for getting to the very end. The PTS battlepass contains only 12, thats barely enough to buy even a small portion of the rewards provided and not even enough to get both strongholds.

After playing the PTS, I stumbled across the season objectives and calendar very easily by accident. I don't think there'll be much of a problem finding it. If someone had trouble with it, I'm certain asking general/guild chat will give them the answer similar to how people ask how conquest and group finder works.

Something I would like to see is a small increase to the number of tokens given, as it feels like there going to be an endless game of reward catch-up, especially if new stuff comes out with each season.

Also theres no big prize for getting to the end. Perhaps adding a flair or character title for getting to tier 100 would be good each season.

I drafted a rough "flair" that could be given for hitting tier 100. Imgur Link

Something like this would also be cool. Ranked pvp gets flairs for each season, makes sense that galactic seasons gets flairs for each season too.

Please answer the following questions:

• Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

This feature appears to be slightly buggy. When clicking on the Daily and/or Weekly objectives on the "Galactic Seasons" tab, it opens up the Conquest tab for me, but leads me to a random objective, like Bounty Contracts: License to Hunt, instead of any of the PO objectives.

Obviously, I can sort by name and find them, but seems like it was intended to send you directly to the PO stuff.

• In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

Visually, the conquest tab is now terribly cluttered. I am unclear on whether the other objectives are just shown for our benefit so we can judge them, or if all of them will be there, period. If only 4 objectives are added, then it's fine, but if it's the entire list, then it's too visually confusing, and if there is any feasible way at all to separate the Season objectives from Conquest objectives, in a different tab or something, that would be lovely.

Also, just to make sure: some of the Weekly planetary missions (like CZ and Yavin) are showing as Daily objectives, while others (Ossus, Iokath) are showing as Weekly for GS. Is that intentional?

Either way, all the Weekly objectives look to be only available as a preview, and you can't complete any of them for GS.

• What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

Visually, it seems like the Galactic Season page has incremental segments per each Level to track how far along you are, and if you're about to complete the level, but it stays at the first segment, which made it seem like you're making no progress at all. Until you posted an explanation of how many points is needed to complete a Level, I was under the impression I might need 800 points to complete a single level, since that was the only progress bar showing any change.

https://i.imgur.com/bRstRPr.png

I also have a question. One of the P0 objectives: "P0: Now That... Is an Insectoid..." has additional text: "This Priority Objective is on behalf of Altuur zok Adon." Is that just for flavor, or does that mean it drops some special reward?

EDIT: I would also like to second the opinion that we need more Galactic Seasons Tokens, as there is a wide selection of items but an unfairly limited amount of Tokens. Perhaps, a certain amount of Tokens, even just 1, should be allotted with each level gained. Otherwise, I don't see the reason for such an array of items, when the number of Tokens appears to just be 24.

EDIT 2: The Daily objectives did not change from one day to another. Not sure if this is intended for the PTS or not. Level 1 column has switched from "Unlock" to "Claim", but clicking "Claim" does no additional animation or pop-up or even sound. It did redeem the items into my inventory but for a second I thought it just did nothing, so that doesn't seem very intuitive.

Edited by lessandracassidy

"Earning Galactic Season Points can be done through various means-the first being through completing specific Daily and Weekly Conquest Objectives we are calling Priority Objectives, and the second being from Login Rewards!"

At this point really need more info on what these weekly conquest objectives will require. At present time this tell us nothing! if these will require group, solo, MA/Vet/Story mode flashpoints. If Op's will be involed. If solo players can still get the required amount of tokens needed. Is what is listed on the P.T.S going to be what ends up in the live version in 6.3

The basics seem fine, but the devil is always in the fine details.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Yes, but mostly because I knew where it was going to be in advance. Having it tucked away in a second tab of a menu that can only be opened by clicking a tiny indicator of the social bar is... not great.

I belatedly noticed while writing this that there are now (2) login rewards entries in the social center dropdown, one of which seems to just be an empty xp bar. Both open to the login rewards tab. If you're going to integrate this into the ad bar that most of us dismiss without reading, useful information like "Daily POs" might be helpful.

The objectives are not listed on the Galactic Seasons screen. Instead, there are a pair of "Sun and Two Circles" tracking indicators that apparently open the conquest page, which has (2)valueless 'priority objectives' stickied to the top of the list. After completing both of these for (2) days in a row it would seem these are the daily objectives, although they are not labeled as-such.

If there are weekly objectives in this list, they are not marked. When I scrolled down to see the other PO's, I thought maybe they were meant to be the weeklies, so I ran the one for CZ-198. This granted no Season points, and did not check off in either "sun and circle" tracking row, so I'm a bit confused, and assume it is bugged.

In a word, they're boring. The only working objectives I've found have been the stickied daily PO's: "Defeat Enemies 2: Taris" and "Defeat Enemies 2: Corellia." (which I received two days in a row. Joy.) Personally, I don't care for grind, so this was just... whatever. These are the sort of random conquest objectives I usually complete by happenstance, but in the name of testing the rest of the season stuff I did go to both these planets and indiscriminately slaughter every mob in sight until I'd hit 75 kills. If this is what we have to look forward to, I'll say thanks but no thanks and gladly ignore it.

If the other PO Objectives in the list are *not* just meant to be weeklies, and if they actually work (unlike my experience described in the last question), I might revise my opinion.

It doesn't make sense. Nowhere on the screen does it tell you how much daily & weekly objectives are worth; you have to go to the Dev posts for that. From the last two days of indiscriminate mob slaughter, it seems like daily objectives are worth 3 points each... out of apparently 800 for the season. Since I could not locate anything named as a weekly objective, and the non-sticked PO's didn't grant anything at all, I can't comment on those.

There's no indicator in the UI as to how many points you need to unlock each level (I expected the 'sun row' under each level to maybe fill up like an xp bar, but apparently not. It's just as empty now as when I started.)

My current feedback is that this unholy child of conquest and login rewards needs a LOT of work.

1.) If the POs are meant to be a kind of 'directed conquest,' is there a way we can just throw an indicator on the conquest objectives to which they're attached instead of a bunch of 'empty-conquest' entries?

2.) Why is the whole of each 'level column' in the seasons window an unlock/claim button? Why can't we preview reward items, or get a hover description? I didn't realize until I claimed Level1 one this morning that one of those was the BOP companion summon box, and I claimed it on a character who hasn't done the expansion content, and thus can't see the alliance alert unless she jumps ahead (And PTS or not, I don't feel like doing that right now.). Adding salt to the wound, both claimed items must be unlocked in Collections for 1CC each to use them on other characters which means... I won't see the alert unless I spend a lot more time than planned on PTS (assuming the alert is functional). A hover-box with info would have been super helpful.

3.) Other people have already talked about crowding instances with people hunting POs. I think that's a valid concern, but more concerning is the fact that I generally just feel ambivalent about this whole enterprise. It's grind. For... what? A few more pixels? And for 5 months? That's a long time commitment for a lot more conquest-type focus than I generally bother with. It feels gamey and a bit desperate, and I'll probably end up ignoring it.

EDIT - 4.) Claiming my level 1 category didn't give any indication that something had been claimed. It just silently added stuff to my inventory, and the 'claim' button didn't immediately updated to 'claimed.' At first I wasn't sure it had worked at all.

Edited by Crystal_Mind
Forgot a point

Just logged in to take a look at the GS system today and have some additional feedback from what I had yesterday.

• The level bar both in the social bar and the Galactic Seasons menu does not show any status. According to the to the Galactic Seasons menu, I have 3/800, but the bars in both locations are showing empty
  • The POs did not change from yesterday. While I suppose it is possible that I got Maintaining Standards and War Efforts two days in a row for my daily POs, the odds seem low. Just checked and Maintaining Standards gave me 3 points, so it is registered as my active daily and it is not just a visual bug
  • Not new to today, but I do not have my weekly POs pinned at the top of my conquest objectives. I do not know if that means they are not assigned or if they are just not pinned.

Ord Mantell: Defeat Enemies 2 is not advancing. 0/50 regardless of number of kills. 1st Defeat Enemies is complete.

Edit: Shouldn't matter than I'm doing this on a 75 sage?

Edit: Even when the mobs clock yellow to me, no advance.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Like several others, I am not seeing any advancement in Galactic Seasons. I completed the Weekly CZ-198 objective and got nothing. Then I completed PO Outer Rim Neutralization (Tatooine) and got nothing again. Like another poster, in some cases Defeat Enemies 2 is not working, notably CZ-198 that I completed yesterday. Edited by Bida

Like several others, I am not seeing any advancement in Galactic Seasons. I completed the Weekly CZ-198 objective and got nothing. Then I completed PO Outer Rim Neutralization (Tatooine) and got nothing again. Like another poster, in some cases Defeat Enemies 2 is not working, notably CZ-198 that I completed yesterday.

Guess that means we're done until we get a PTS refresh.

As others have indicated, daily killfest POs are not advancing the point count. I'm 6/800 today no matter how many daily planetary rampage 2 kills I complete.

Like several others, I am not seeing any advancement in Galactic Seasons. I completed the Weekly CZ-198 objective and got nothing. Then I completed PO Outer Rim Neutralization (Tatooine) and got nothing again. Like another poster, in some cases Defeat Enemies 2 is not working, notably CZ-198 that I completed yesterday.

Are you doing the two that are pinned at the top of your list? Those are the only two daily ones that give points each day. (There should also probably be two weeklies pinned up there as well, but well beta).

Some quick points:

-> There are WAY too many empty slots on the tracks, it doesn't do much to motivate to level the season if half of the slots are empty.

-> The objectives being listed among the conquest ones makes the conquest list very messy as well.

-> No clear indication of how far along to the next season level you are.

Hi all!

Q: Will the rewards from Galactic Seasons only be available during their specific Season?

A: Rewards from the Reward Track are intended to only be available during their specific Season. Items found on the Galactic Seasons vendor will rotate in and out over time, including items relating to the rewards from the Reward Track (i.e. alternative colorings, or “skins”, of the Seasonal mounts).

I only see 12 tokens from the reward tracks, this isn't even enough to buy all the season 1 marked stuff from the reward vendor, not to mention it is a very low amount for what is meant to be a 5 month period. I did a quick count and in order to get ALL the season 1 exclusive stuff (2 alternate Teithek Mounts, complete Ornate Weapon set, & Altuur Infiltration customization) you will need 24 tokens.

If I level to 100 and am a subscriber I fully EXPECT to walk away from this with ALL the season 1 exclusive rewards with an excess of tokens left over to spend on some of the non-season exclusive stuff, if I can't get at least all the season 1 exclusive rewards that would be a big no-no.

Not to mention what is the point of an excess of items (on a weekly rotation) on the vendor if you can barely acquire any at all? There are decorations on there as well and people are most likely going to want to acquire more then 1 of those as well. It is also not very clear if the season 1 exclusive stuff will stay on vendor after season 1 or not, but even if that is the case 12 tokens for 1 season is still WAY too low.

So that brings up another question? Why aren't all season 1 exclusive rewards on the tracks? They should be all on the tracks in my opinion, it would help fill in more spots on the tracks and leave the token vendor for non-season exclusive stuff instead as an extra reward thing. Not to mention that having all season exclusive stuff on the tracks instead of split between tracks & vendor would make it less confusing for players and harder to accidentally miss a season exclusive reward as well.

Edited by Darthjantom

Are you doing the two that are pinned at the top of your list? Those are the only two daily ones that give points each day. (There should also probably be two weeklies pinned up there as well, but well beta).

Then why list a few dozen others if they don't count?

Yes, but purely on accident. Should probably give it its own button instead of tying it to Daily Login.

Yes.

Having them mixed in with Conquest is highly strange and very cluttery. Could use its own tab or maybe a filter option.

The rewards seems spare, to be honest. They are nice rewards, don't get me wrong, but they are far and few between.

The GS points aren't working at the moment. Doing the PO things for the GS and can't rank up at all due to them all rewarding 0 points, thus I cannot comment on the GS ranking speed.

Ord Mantell: Defeat Enemies 2 is not advancing. 0/50 regardless of number of kills. 1st Defeat Enemies is complete.

Edit: Shouldn't matter than I'm doing this on a 75 sage?

Edit: Even when the mobs clock yellow to me, no advance.

I ran into this odd bug as well. What worked for me was to pop to my stronghold and back, then the counter resumed properly. Happened on two of the four worlds I rampaged.

Then why list a few dozen others if they don't count?

I have no idea why they decided to that, and they absolutely should hide any that aren't active because the inactive ones being shown is clearly confusing a lot of people. But still, you only get points from the ones that are pinned. If you did some that are not pinned and did not get points, then that is working as intended even though it is confusing people.

Honestly, what I think they should do is hide all of the PO tasks and instead pin the missions corresponding to your selected missions at the top ideally adding the Galactic Seasons symbol to the objectives to make clear that they are your current objective. I have no idea if that is practical with the Conquest Objectives menu backend though.

Ok, just grew a toon to level 10 imp side, thinking maybe my daily GS objectives would differ from a level 75 republic sage. What do I see pinned?

PO: Outer Rim Neutralization. Rishi: Defeat Enemies 2.

Say again how this level 10 will accomplish that? I can't even get there, not even via my Rishi stronghold.

On top of that, the objective is complete.

What is the minimum level of participation for GS?

Edited by xordevoreaux

Hello. We are discussing the new system in our guild. Some of our players have various physical and mental disabilities and won't be able to do some of the activities like PvP or Operations. It's very hard to discuss what alternatives they have when we don't have the information of how many of each type of daily objective will pop up for them (ex will there be enough objectives that they can get to 100 without certain activities? if yes, how many days can they plan to skip? or is it totally randomized and there's no guarantee they'll be able to do it at all?) and without the credit catch-up info (is it affordable? when does it stop being affordable?)

I have no idea why they decided to that, and they absolutely should hide any that aren't active because the inactive ones being shown is clearly confusing a lot of people. But still, you only get points from the ones that are pinned. If you did some that are not pinned and did not get points, then that is working as intended even though it is confusing people.

Honestly, what I think they should do is hide all of the PO tasks and instead pin the missions corresponding to your selected missions at the top ideally adding the Galactic Seasons symbol to the objectives to make clear that they are your current objective. I have no idea if that is practical with the Conquest Objectives menu backend though.

I just did one of the top two missions listed for me and it gave me three points for the CZ Weekly. However, it makes absolutely zero sense to list all of the other PO missions when they are not going to award people any points. It is just clutter and extra confusion.

Still though, even though my seasons page says 3/800, it doesn't show any progress towards level 1. How many points do I need to reach level 1? Also, on the Conquest page put 3 points instead of 0 next to PO: Critical Missions.

Also, my other daily mission is PO: Seat of the Empire Neutralization which is Taris: Defeat Enemies 2. Why not just make it Taris: Defeat 75 enemies (I think that's 1 and 2 added together). Making me look for an objective that is hidden in the first place is very confusing.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Still though, even though my seasons page says 3/800, it doesn't show any progress towards level 1. How many points do I need to reach level 1? Also, on the Conquest page put 3 points instead of 0 next to PO: Critical Missions.

I agree, progress per level needs to be clear.

You need 8 to get to level 1. So two more dailies to hit 9 points which will put you at level 1.