Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

EricMusco

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this set of changes, not yet. We are still looking into Crate contents to see where changes should be made. It would be a much more substantial change from our side to update the contents and so although we are definitely open to doing so, we wanted to take these steps first.

-eric

Thank you for addressing this concern Eric. I appreciate it. That being said, does this mean that changes like this that would be considered substantial can only be expected in what could be considered a substantial patch (like a Game Update 5.2, 5.3, etc)?

In this set of changes, not yet. We are still looking into Crate contents to see where changes should be made. It would be a much more substantial change from our side to update the contents and so although we are definitely open to doing so, we wanted to take these steps first.

-eric

So what you are saying is, you will give us this "leveling event" for CXP until 5.2 goes live so we can get more Command Ranks, but the quality of the Command Crate content still remains the same.

How exactly is this helpful in any way for people to get their setbonus gear? This doesn't increase the chances, it just technically allows you to pull the slotmachine lever more often in a given amount of time.

-eric

I appreciate the straight answer Eric. Thank you.

All these changes remind me of Spaceballs.

I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.

In the end, nothing. At what point will you guys look at your windy twisty path and say "**** it. get rid of it."?

So I guess I have to continue to queue for PvP, and even when I'm sick and tired of PvP for the day, I'll have to continue queueing up so I'll just put in the least effort and go AFK when it's clear we'll lose the match, anything to continue earning components. Having components drop from the daily/weekly quest is a welcoming change but I doubt it will make much of a difference; I have to play like 5x times as many warzones per day as are required by the daily.

Try another game. You may find one you like that actually seems to care about it's customers. You might also find that regular, real content releases make them way more engaging.

-eric

Loot tables and drop rates are a database change. We have seen Bioware change loot tables far faster than what you're proposing. We have seen you do it with the cartel market numerous times so it is not that much more substantial.

You keep making minor changes hoping that we will just stop complaining.

This is losing you subs and you cannot admit that it was the wrong move.

Boost ETERNAL CHAMPIONSHIP ! and put its weekly on Operations terminal.

As EC is in fact top solo content it should award much more than one planet of weeklies....

Anyway ... boosting operations and flashpoints is good news, but ... add also Unassembled components there, at least a few - upgrades are not pvp only mechanic. PVP should be much better source, but anyway ...

Legacy boxes ? good news

Overall, it seems like good direction.

Thanks for the info, Eric.

I like:

- 250% CXP

- BoL CXP packs

- Increased CXP for operations

- PvP daily / weekly award Unassembled Components (how many???)

- Increased Unassembled Component rewards (how much???)

I don't like:

- Endgame gearing will still be pretty heavily dependent on Galactic Command, and therefore RNG. You are giving us more rolls of the dice, but we are still rolling dice.

- Not knowing numbers for increased Unassembled Component rewards. The cost of the gear pieces is so high that it's probably still going to take a long time to gear characters for pvp. My opinion on this change depends entirely on the numbers.

- Unassembled Components should be BoL ASAP in my ever so humble opinion, not just sometime in the future

- I don't see why we can't have uprisings and operations award Unassembled Components as well. Since PvP gear is no longer a thing, why not give some UCs as the reward for completing those things as well?

Wow! Regardless of the changes itself, this post is pure communication to the community. Especially the why and the underlying formulas show in my opinion, that you really want to improve the contact to us players.

For that: Thank you very much! :D

-eric

What about just adding a set quantity of unassembled components and command tokens to the crates? Then we're still earning towards specific pieces even if the RNG isn't working, and you can plan appropriately. "I need X crates worth of parts/tokens to get Y gear."

-eric

The devs are taking a whole month just to make the changes you announced today. How many more months are we going to have to wait on the next unknown batch of changes?

The CXP boosts are meaningful, and for PVP (which is what I prefer), it makes a huge difference due to the components drop increase and increased GC leveling. But, while that is great for me, I am still feeling for the PVE end-gamers and the casual players, who may hate PVP with a passion.

Please, don't take this as my being ungrateful. The increased communication and transparency are greatly, greatly appreciated. I just want all of my fellow players to be happy too, because I really, really want this game to succeed and stick around for a long time to come.

Wow! Regardless of the changes itself, this post is pure communication to the community. Especially the why and the underlying formulas show in my opinion, that you really want to improve the contact to us players.

For that: Thank you very much! :D

It really does show that they are trying the bail water faster because the ship is still sinking.

-eric

Your steps are too small and show a huge disregard for what your customers have been telling you for the last 4 months.

Do you till have enough subs to keep EA happy and writing pay checks? How long will that last as things are going now? How long is Ben going to hold onto GC with a death grip instead of admitting his HUGE mistake and getting rid of it for end-game gearing? Its already been 4 months too long. How many subs will you have left in 2 months? 6 months? How long can SWTOR survive under this total mismanagement? How long until you have to stop doing almost any additions to the game (it could be argued you're already there from what we've gotten the last 2 years.)

I will hold of responding to this till next week. If the increase is not enough (I have 50 characters since DvsL) I will be pulling the plug.

I hope this will speed things up significantly because maybe my definition of significant and your are different. Maybe not. We will see. Good luck to you because this is a make or break point for me with this game.

So what you are saying is, you will give us this "leveling event" for CXP until 5.2 goes live so we can get more Command Ranks, but the quality of the Command Crate content still remains the same.

How exactly is this helpful in any way for people to get their setbonus gear? This doesn't increase the chances, it just technically allows you to pull the slotmachine lever more often in a given amount of time.

This, this, this. Why increase crate drop rate when the crates still drop garbage 99% of the time?

-eric

This statement makes no sense.

You have loot tables for the crates, right? Loot tables are simply arrays with drop rates in them for each item. CHANGE THE DROP RATES to favor things people obviously want (like bonus set items), and lower the drop rates on things people do not grind Cxp for (ie: drop the nonsense items in the tables, like empty shells, companion gifts, jawa scraps, random world drops, etc.

I can see it taking much more effort to put in mechanics that check for a prior drop and then no make duplicate drops from a crate.... but with your moves to increase the pace of earning Cxp.. this is less important.

Your solution is to make the grind faster without fixing a single RNG issue. How does this help the people getting 100s of crates and no actual gear.

The second part of your solution is to make us PURCHASE with real money a way to make the grind faster.

You are not actually fixing anything.

I am glad my sub is ending in a few months. You are not offering any reason to play the game.

They have 2 options 1. CM that has 3hrs on the timer of the item or 2. buy with command tokens that has a 2hr timer nobody has to purchase anything if they don't want to if you want that extra hour then buy it if not use the tokens.