Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands up if your pre-order was less than a month ago.

FML :(

*raises hand*

I'm not too worried about it. I'll get a good chunk of playtime in on the weekend if I get in by then, but I have vacation the week after Christmas and it'll be fully live by then. That's what I am really looking forward to! lol

The game has almost 1,000,000 PHYSICAL NA pre-orders. Again, I'll post some interesting statistics.

Rift had 59,000 pre-orders during early access. According to Rift they had a total of 600,000 players during early access and most of their pre-orders came from digital sales. If 59,000 physical ended up 600,000 total.. well SWTOR has 939,000 physical...

There is no basis for claiming the ratio between physical and digital copies of Rift is equal to ToR.

What is up with all you whiner's? Keep in mind that they set up the pre-launch 2 DAYS AHEAD of what they originally planned. You'd all still be waiting for this game to open early on Thursday. God, how little people forget or let something so trivial frustrate them. Be thankful you are gonna get in, be it a couple hours later or whatever. Who cares if you are the first lvl 2 on the server and you disco'd the piece of scrap iron. I for one pre-ordered in november, so i have no misgivings or qualms of getting in later then everyone else. Show some gratitute and man up.

nice ..but the order is still first come first served...you are not earning yourself any Browne points....OH wait dear what's that on your nose...let me wipe that bioware off your nose buddy.

:rolleyes:

EA / Bioware: Spend the most money producing this MMO of any MMO to date.

Yet, can't handle their pre-order customer load on early access (day 1) within 3 hours?

.... wow.........

You say it's to monitor server load / stability...

We are to believe that wasn't accomplished during open beta & stress testing?... Have you not been aware of exactly how many pre-orders you've had between july-november for months now? (cumulatively, anyway...)..?

You didn't project how many servers or how much support you would need to handle your faithful PRE-ORDER customers?

I've never seen this before, and let me say, it does not speak well for things to come.

Strike 1 and I havn't even logged in yet.

Did you never seen this before? Did you played any MMO at the launch? WoW is an exemple of disaster at the day 1, even with months of open beta.

You´re right, I never seen this before. Because, none were so organized.

Remember, the launch is 12.20... early acess, is a Bonus.

I originally asked for Monday the 19th off from work, just so I could get in on the last day of early-play, and then go happily to work on the 20th knowing that I'd had the joy of release day without dealing with the stress of release day. :p

But apparantly I'm more the kid on Christmas morn than I thought, 'cause I'm risking it all and taking today off instead, to see what's behind Door Number Two! :cool: As I didn't get my code in until 7-24 I might be out of luck but it's worth the anticipation.

My Christmas is early this year: as my sweetie got me the CE, I'm going to have some play time this weekend, at least, and then the order will arrive sometime next week in the mail...and I'm not allowed to open it until Christmas, lmao. :eek:

If my sweetie knows what's good for him, he'll open the box and get the code out at least, to activate the account. Otherwise he's in for a world of hurt, lol!

I have read through this thread and wanted to say a few things :)

1) EU servers are up and active, some did go down though. I know this 'cos my very happy fiancee is next to me on his computer playing on the Hex Droid server.

2) Seriously? I think a staggered EARLY ACCESS launch is a great idea. Just think back to the beta - everyone doing the same quests, everything dead and waiting for a while to respawn so you can do it then trying to turn quests in when so many people around the quest giver etc.

It is early access, the fact you're getting in before the official release date is awesome. Not many places would do that.

Like I said, my fiancee is in, I'm not yet and you know what? I don't mind waiting. It is an awesome game and it is worth the wait in my opinion.

Also did many of you realise that the servers went up around 5am Austin time? Mr Stephen himself was waiting for his lift at 4am this morning to get to work to set this up for everyone. Those of you who woke up for the launch of the EGA, just think about them getting up earlier to make sure it runs correctly and making sure everyone can access everything.

So just chill your boots and do one of the many mundane tasks you usually should do everyday in life (like eat, take a shower, say hi to the mother... well maybe not that one) because let's face it, the minute you're in everything else will go out of the window ;)

kinda happy this morning when i read the post, now im not anymore. 2 of my friends who redeemed there code 2 months later then i did are already in. Have to say iam disappointed in BW again.

Well i will be happy as soon as im in.

Can't be true why would they do that?

By the hour ? careful ?

They let like 10 people in the first wave and the second has been going for about an hour and a half.

If they cant stabilize the servers in 3.5 hours with only a fraction of the population in, then they have bigger issues than they can handle.

Telling you, they are making you wait so later they can put out the illusion of a flawless launch.

They will say servers never got stressed at all. Easy to do when you only let 100 people per zone play at a time

10 people in the first wave? TROLOLOLOLOL. The servers have been listed as medium populations, some even have been listed as full, after the second wave of early access. I have at least two guildies on Iron Citadel atm, and if what you're saying is true they're some lucky bastids.

But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.

Thats wrong everyone pre-ordered so they could get in first as i did the same

Preordered on 23th of July and I was not in the first 2 batch. Hope to get in today.

This lack of communication doees not sounds good for the future. We've been waiting years for that game, searching with excitment every piece of information we could grab. Now that we're so close to get in you could at least tell us how many total invites you're planning to send and how many batch represents the 21th of July for example. Now I'll be spending my whole day waiting for an email and beeing frustated. Oh yes I could go out and do some other stuff but come on...I've been waiting years for the very moment I'll be able to play I don't really do to anything else at the moment even if I'm pissed to not know if I'll be able to play today or tommorow...

Do you mean setting up your account to start paying by month?
On the SWTOR launcher it says, "There is currently no active subscripti on this account. Activate your account here." Upon clicking on it, it takes me to my account summary where I have to make five security questions (done that), complete contact information (done that), and then it asks for my Product Registration Code, which I have already entered way back when I pre-orderd for the early edition. I obviously can't use it again.