Just some food for thought

kingofmaggots

Here are just some ideas that I feel would make the game a bit more enjoyable. Love the game to bits, and I've been playing for years, these are just some thought I've been kicking around for a while now. Not the most tech savvy person this side of Dromund Kaas, and its the first time I've posted to Forum. But with out further a-do, here we go, in no particular order.

1. Allowing guilds to own multiple properties. Be it flagships or strongholds. Maybe a max of three each? But only having one of each is sort of limiting.

2. (More so a mild nitpick if anything) When you remove a hilt, barrel, mod, etc, from a weapon or armour piece, it should not cost you anything. However I think it may be good to have it so when you do so it does... However when you are doing so with a workbench, it does not cost you anything.

3. Voice modulation with helmets and having a toggle. Sort of like how you can turn dark side degradation on and off, it would be nice to see the same with helmets. That being said some of the helmets that do not have it by default could just have the generic voice modulation added via the toggle.

4. More weapon variety. Now what i mean by this is not exactly adding more weapon types, but granting access to toons, so they can use differing types. Allow bounty hunters to use blaster rifles, and auto cannons. Grant the warrior access to the double bladers, etc, etc. And as a bonus I would say that just like how you can hide your helmet, allow classes to do the same. Now this one is a bit more specified. Allow for example (Again this is just an example, and could be expanded upon.) With the lightning spec sorcerer hiding your lightsaber while you are using your force abilities would be very cool.

5. New mirror classes. If you were to say that the trooper class storyline is the "Boots on the ground", and that the agent would be the intelligence branch / james bond spy master style, it would be nice to have the respective mirrors. Having the imperial boots on the ground and a republic intelligence officer styled class storyline.

6. Adding an option for vanilla / early game life user interface. When you go into interface editor, the addition of a vanilla preset. Not just with locations of things, but the style as well. for the cartel market, the chats, equipment stats. Now this could be either vanilla or early release. Think in the time span of roughly from launch to 2014.

Edited by kingofmaggots

1. Allowing guilds to own multiple properties. Be it flagships or strongholds. Maybe a max of three each? But only having one of each is sort of limiting.

I don't have an opinion either way on this myself, but you aren't the first to propose having multiple guild strongholds.

2. (More so a mild nitpick if anything) When you remove a hilt, barrel, mod, etc, from a weapon or armour piece, it should not cost you anything. However I think it may be good to have it so when you do so it does... However when you are doing so with a workbench, it does not cost you anything.

That cost is there for a reason, however. My best guess is that they intend to make it awkward / expensive for us to keep a pool of spare modifications around and change emphasis on the fly as we play. (It has generally been easier to acquire new modifications than to acquire new gear pieces, although the span of time where set bonuses were on the armorings was an exception.)

4. More weapon variety. Now what i mean by this is not exactly adding more weapon types, but granting access to toons, so they can use differing types. Allow bounty hunters to use blaster rifles, and auto cannons. Grant the warrior access to the double bladers, etc, etc. And as a bonus I would say that just like how you can hide your helmet, allow classes to do the same. Now this one is a bit more specified. Allow for example (Again this is just an example, and could be expanded upon.) With the lightning spec sorcerer hiding your lightsaber while you are using your force abilities would be very cool.

People have asked for this before, and there are a few issues:

* There are no animations for e.g. Death From Above with anything except two pistols. (It's far from the only example, naturally.)

* Dual-wield classes, in general, can't use non-weapon off-hands. Presumably that would have to change if they were allowed to use other main-hand weapons.

5. New mirror classes. If you were to say that the trooper class storyline is the "Boots on the ground", and that the agent would be the intelligence branch / james bond spy master style, it would be nice to have the respective mirrors. Having the imperial boots on the ground and a republic intelligence officer styled class storyline.

Fussy: the Trooper is special forces (think SAS or similar), not "boots on the ground" = general infantry.

Fussy: the Agent is

What you're asking for here is *narrative* mirrors rather than the gamplay mirrors that we have now. I think it's way too late for that. It's far more expensive to add classes in SWTOR than in other MMORPGs, since NPCs greet you with a title that's appropriate to your class, so they have to modify conversations *everywhere* in the game, and the new classes have to have a story, companions, etc., all with their own sets of voice work, and an on-going cost of new options and new voice work. (Each class they add would add a new class-specific set of voice work = *six* new voice actors - one male and one female in each of English, French and German - to *all* new content.)

i think it has more to do with the ip star wars tho. without it this whould be in garbage bin.

I mean...BW built up quite a lot of cred with KOTOR. and there are significant parts of this game that are significantly better than other MMORPGs in its class.

I like the suggestions. They probably won't happen because of the amount of dev time for most of them, but they are all good ideas. For the Item Modification stations, if they did this, I would want them to add a legacy droid that can be used (right click) as an item mod station, maybe a long cooldown like 1 hour though.

Now if EA ever decides to do a reboot, a lot of these ideas could be implemented. Giving classes the ability to use more weapon types is great for character customization. Adding new classes (with class stories) is great for SWTOR's main strength. Other MMO's might have good story, but none of them offer as much player choice in the story. All this would require a reinvestment into the game like Square Enix did for FF14. They basically made a whole new game over 2 or 3 years. There's a nice documentary about this on Youtube. Anyways, they spent millions making the game from scratch to fix all the problems with the original. Review scores 1.0 out of 10 on the first iteration, now 8 or 9/10 on the reboot.

Unfortunately, EA is more likely to make a whole new MMO rather than reboot SWTOR. A major new MMO probably won't be approved by Disney unless it fits the new Disney canon.