Any other way to get WZ-1 Accelerants besides WZ/GSF?

errordataguy

Hi all,

I recently returned to SWTOR after being away for a few years, and am still trying to learn the things that changed while I was gone.

Is there any other means of obtaining WZ-1 Accelerants other than warzones/GSF? It is a long grind.

Thanks!

They also randomly drop from mobs all over the place.

Not common drops, but they're there.

I have 30-40 but I can't use them because I don't do WZ and you need the base level WZ gear to use the accelerants to get upgrades

I have 30-40 but I can't use them because I don't do WZ and you need the base level WZ gear to use the accelerants to get upgrades

You can use them to purchase the base level stuff directly, too (just see the other vendor).

I’m not sure what you are saying here. You can absolutely do unranked ground warzones in green Noble Decurion 320 conquest gear. I mean, you can even do pvp in the 318 free greens you get from the expansion story. So you don’t need to be in any special gear to get the accelerants. You can even be in empty shells and do GSF and still earn the currency.

Furthermore the boxes drop an upgrade (or side grade) to whatever gear slot regardless of the source of the piece. For example, if you are wearing a columi blue 320 belt as your lowest iRating piece, the pvp box will give you a blue 322 belt, which you can choose to upgrade if you have enough accelerants or upgrade via boxes.

So I don’t understand what you are trying to say here.

So...what I was trying to say is this.

You CAN get those Accelerants by doing any PVE content.

When I do my conquest stuff, Heroics or whatever, I get, granted a small amount of them, both the PVP accelerants and even the Operations equivalent.

I'll have to check that out, thank you

You won't get much in the way of PvP gear with that amount and that vendor's equipment starts at 316 iirc. If you're gear is already 318 or higher, you're better off continuing your favourite content to get & upgrade your gear. I have OP-1 Catalysts and FP-1 Stabilizers that have dropped randomly from "normal world" mobs, but I have no intention of running FPs or Ops to get more for the gear. I'll just stick with conquest and unranked to get to 326 - unranked is okay-sh. You get a lot more balance matches than before 7.0 (in my experience).

You won't get much in the way of PvP gear with that amount and that vendor's equipment starts at 316 iirc. If you're gear is already 318 or higher, you're better off continuing your favourite content to get & upgrade your gear. I have OP-1 Catalysts and FP-1 Stabilizers that have dropped randomly from "normal world" mobs, but I have no intention of running FPs or Ops to get more for the gear. I'll just stick with conquest and unranked to get to 326 - unranked is okay-sh. You get a lot more balance matches than before 7.0 (in my experience).

Yeah, I found it.

Won't be using it.

I think eventually, you will approach the cap of that currency. The length of time it takes depends on how many mobs you kill. When you are capped or near the cap, that would be the time to use them to buy a piece and get the upgrades. You don't want to start with something that you don't have enough currency to upgrade all the way if the currency is specifically for/from content you don't do.

One good way to use that extra currency you’ve looted is for the earpiece and relic slots to get whatever one you specifically need. It’s less of a hassle to buy, say, the Thrysian relic of focused retribution directly and upgrade that, than it is to hope you will be lucky and roll a FR relic from whatever other box you are opening.

The earpieces are worth changing out to purples over the green or blue versions because the tertiary stats are better, and earpieces have more tertiary stat than body pieces of the same iRating and color quality. However, Relics don’t have any differences in either the size of the proc effect or stats on the relic of green to purple so there isn’t a need to upgrade those if they are the proper iRating.

If you are already happy with your ear and relics you could use it for a offhand that multiple Combat Styles can use, and upgrade that. The offhand will naturally cost more Accelerants than an ear or relic. I don’t have the numbers in front of me but i think it’s around 200-something to upgrade a 316 to 326.