Electro net is too overpowered and must be reworked

bladech

In pvp when operative/scoundrel is netted and focused - he is doomed, even he uses vanish he will do two rolls while in stealth and then he gets revealed and KILLED without stealth. Any other class can be stun chained, netted and killed. If guy doesn't break stun - he is dead, if he breaks stun and gets net - he is also dead because electro net blocks him from using all safe abilities. Seriousely, whose brilliant idea was to provide such overpowered ability in the game which has tonnes of stuns from all classes? stun-stun-net = dead. How is that supposed to provide competition and fun?

Electro not is a powerful ability and can be annoying for sure. However, it is a necessary evil in my opinion. Without net healer sorcs/sages would be even more of a pain to kill than they already are. Concealment operatives would also be much more of a pain. Many classes have too many get out of jail free cards as it is and net is the sole counter for those.

That said, you can still work around net. First, do not break stuns. As a merc I will stun my target even if it will white bar them in the hopes that they will break the stun. If I hear them break the stun, I will then net them and kill them with impunity. The anti escape aspect of net can be broken. It will still damage you if you move, but in the case of operatives that is negligible especially if you are concealment. Break the net and roll off their big hitters. Pop a couple probes on and you should outlast the net. Then you can escape combat and go invisible to run away and heal up.

Again, the best counter is to save your breaker for net and use other cooldowns proactively to survive the short stuns.

Electro net isn’t that big of a problem. However, being netted multiple times is cancer. It should act the same way stuns do and contribute to white barring players, or there should be a buff that Electro Net applies that makes you immune to it for two minutes after it wears off.

Electro not is a powerful ability and can be annoying for sure. However, it is a necessary evil in my opinion. Without net healer sorcs/sages would be even more of a pain to kill than they already are. Concealment operatives would also be much more of a pain. Many classes have too many get out of jail free cards as it is and net is the sole counter for those.

That said, you can still work around net. First, do not break stuns. As a merc I will stun my target even if it will white bar them in the hopes that they will break the stun. If I hear them break the stun, I will then net them and kill them with impunity. The anti escape aspect of net can be broken. It will still damage you if you move, but in the case of operatives that is negligible especially if you are concealment. Break the net and roll off their big hitters. Pop a couple probes on and you should outlast the net. Then you can escape combat and go invisible to run away and heal up.

Again, the best counter is to save your breaker for net and use other cooldowns proactively to survive the short stuns.

YEAH when it comes killing operatives you need it. But the problem is that net kills everything. Pts, marauders, sages, juggernauts. It literally paralyzes any victim. I guess net's duration must be reduced if not removed at all because now i see noobs mercs winning just because of reflect and net. They dont need any skill to play, they just use net after stun or after breaker while saving themselves with reflect. Jesus the most dumb class in the game, i saw so many unskilled mercs winning in ranked, unranked just because of overpowered electro net

In pvp when operative/scoundrel is netted and focused - he is doomed, even he uses vanish he will do two rolls while in stealth and then he gets revealed and KILLED without stealth. Any other class can be stun chained, netted and killed. If guy doesn't break stun - he is dead, if he breaks stun and gets net - he is also dead because electro net blocks him from using all safe abilities. Seriousely, whose brilliant idea was to provide such overpowered ability in the game which has tonnes of stuns from all classes? stun-stun-net = dead. How is that supposed to provide competition and fun?

Oh, poor operatives, lol. Electro Net is the only answer to all that crazy amount of escapes, teleports, rolls, force barriers etc. And I think it's weird that only mercs have that kind of ability, every class that doesn't have much for them in terms of kiting should get some hindering ability. Something to prevent from being hindered few times in a row would be a must tho.

• 2 weeks later...
Buff rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine.

-A rock.

you are pretty wrong here, iam playing mercenary too and i see how this ability is overpowered. Considering this game has tonnes of stuns (operative has 2, sin had stun + leg slash, sorcs's stun with proper utility has only 30 seconds cooldown etc) having something which blocks save abilities even when you have full whitebar is way too overpowered. Literally the focused guy is doomed. How can someone except another merc survive double stun + electro net when 3-4 guys are on him? And it's only merc who has this overpowered thing. Net can be kept only if you remove half of stuns and roots in this game literally

you are pretty wrong here, iam playing mercenary too and i see how this ability is overpowered. Considering this game has tonnes of stuns (operative has 2, sin had stun + leg slash, sorcs's stun with proper utility has only 30 seconds cooldown etc) having something which blocks save abilities even when you have full whitebar is way too overpowered. Literally the focused guy is doomed. How can someone except another merc survive double stun + electro net when 3-4 guys are on him? And it's only merc who has this overpowered thing. Net can be kept only if you remove half of stuns and roots in this game literally

A well focused person who gets stunned repeatedly is dead with or without net. And I f someone has the skill to survive being focused by 3-4 people normally, there’s a solid chance they will survive being netted. Hell, I’ve survived net on almost every class. As I said, the real problem is being netted multiple times in a row, which is a class stacking issue, and one that exists in every class, not just Merc.

Edited by Enticy

Something that bugs me about these threads calling concealment ops overpowered with no counters... is that people don't actually talk about the counter.

Roots

its that simple

They don't build resolve, have low CDs, and prevent operatives from rolling.

They can be cleansed (uses a gcd), evaded (uses a dcd), broken (stunbreaker or threat drop), or circumvented (utility that no-one takes in PvP). All those things have fairly long cds and will let you wreck an operative in the meantime.

There are a lot of dcds and abilities for which e-net is the hard counter, but to my mind only sorc bubble has no other hardcounter.

Something that bugs me about these threads calling concealment ops overpowered with no counters... is that people don't actually talk about the counter.

Roots

its that simple

They don't build resolve, have low CDs, and prevent operatives from rolling.

They can be cleansed (uses a gcd), evaded (uses a dcd), broken (stunbreaker or threat drop), or circumvented (utility that no-one takes in PvP). All those things have fairly long cds and will let you wreck an operative in the meantime.

In listing all of Operative/Scoundrel’s counters to being rooted, you’ve only reinforced the point about them not having many solid counters. As an Operative main myself, I can say with certainty that in such a situation, I’m going to pop dcd’s and weather the storm. Then, I’m going to roll, stun, and melt you. Unless that root comes with a hefty side order of 3v1 stomping, or is applied at just the right time in just the right place, most competent Operative/Scoundrel players don’t care about being rooted.

Same with Electro Net. Pop dcd’s, survive, heal, turn around and sodomize the Merc/Commando who did it. I’m not saying it happens like this all the time, but it happens often enough that Electro Net doesn’t feel like the instant-win button that people say it is.

Edited by Enticy

• 2 weeks later...
I think net should not work on players who have FULL WHITE BAR. It's too opped when 1 person gets double stun and then when he finally has his white bar which is the only chance for him to survive (because you can't be rooted/stunned while white bar is on) he gets electro net right after 2 stuns which prevents player to use any escape abilities is waaaaay too much. 90% of players can't handle it and just dying in first seconds of the fight. Only few super pro, high experienced players can deal with it (however, i saw even pro players could not handle double stun + net in ranked arenas) Edited by bladech

• 2 weeks later...
In pvp

[snip]

That's all I needed to read to know where this thread is going, once again a PvP person irritated at perceived slights with how a class under/over performs and subsequently calling to nerf or buff...

...all while completely absolutely ignoring the resulting crap that nerfs create for PvE players with PvP types saying "well you don't need to use that ability in PvE anyway, or that one... or that one... or that one..." as a laughably weak defense of their position. Tired of PvP issues breaking PvE.

Nay.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• 2 months later...
In pvp when operative/scoundrel is netted and focused - he is doomed, even he uses vanish he will do two rolls while in stealth and then he gets revealed and KILLED without stealth.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I have taken well over 700k being netted and revealed as an operative. Net is not overpowered and needs to stay in. It’s just a mechanic you have to play around. As an operative and a sin you have to face tank net for as long as possible. And just don’t be greedy with your breaker. As an operative you are honestly a very squishy class. If you get stun chained with no breaker you will die if you have four people on your ***. Just be careful and anticipate net and play around it.

Edited by xXSchmedlyXx

Yes... yes, your operatives tears fill me with nourishment and joy. Electro-net is fine. Commando's need tools to deal with the endless stun-lock, stealth-out BS that stealthers do. Electro-net is that tool.

Funny how I don't see any operatives complaining about the double-stun set bonus set that everyone who's not an operative agrees is broken. What other class gets a set that allows them to stun twice? None.

Take your medicine and die operatives. NOBODY likes you in PVP.

Edited by theJudeAbides

• 2 weeks later...
Yes... yes, your operatives tears fill me with nourishment and joy. Electro-net is fine. Commando's need tools to deal with the endless stun-lock, stealth-out BS that stealthers do. Electro-net is that tool.

Funny how I don't see any operatives complaining about the double-stun set bonus set that everyone who's not an operative agrees is broken. What other class gets a set that allows them to stun twice? None.

Take your medicine and die operatives. NOBODY likes you in PVP.

I'm an operative. Double stun is stupid.

We have the lowest cooldown of any hard stun already at 30 seconds with the utility. And then they give us two.

It's *********** dumb.