StarParse Sees All Players

Gondien

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to give you the same advice I give to a lot of other people when it comes to group content. Find a good guild. As someone with a lot of alts, I've been in a number of different guilds. Just to see how others do things, and cause you get to meet other cool people, who enjoy the same things you do. That said most guilds have people running content together (some way more than others). However a good tank is never in short supply, so if you want to tank, do it with a guild, and enjoy running that content. Or if you want to stay dps find a tank or healer who will run with you to get faster ques works as well.

That said, I still feel like FPs (MM especially) need to give more.

Daily's give DRM (previously ARM) which are needed for all gear upgrades.

Conquest material also gives conquest material needed for all upgrades.

PvP is basically the best pre raid gear you can get, and is a stepping stone for a lot of people going into Ops.

Non Rakata raid gear gives you Ops currency to upgrade your Rakata gear, so even lower level raids still offer something, and lots of tech frags for your implants or just OEM / RPM parts for $$.

FP though. I mean yea I guess you get gear to use it as a stepping stone to enter Ops with. However it's inferior to PvP gear, and takes longer to get. Non MM FPs even top out at 322, which is worse than conquest gear, and MM FP are still blue and thus inferior to PvP gear. This is a real let down, considering how long some of these FPs can take. I would even be happy if FPs offered a lot of Jawa scrap for crafting purposes, which have been in very short supply with the launch of 7.0. I would actually run way more FPs to level up my crafting on alts and what not. However as it stands, meh.

Oh and before I forget the red headed step child of this game, Uprisings. This mode needs something more too, so that people will run this. Outside of a few select guild runs here and there for conquest points, I don't think anyone does these anymore. Bioware needs to attach better rewards here, cause the game mode is actually good, just pointless atm.

That's the funny part: I am in several good guilds, but the people who would be good enough to run them don't want to because they are not getting anything out of it (ie. proper gear or even significant conquest points). And the ones who would join are not geared or are not good enough for some of them.

Uprisings are overtuned atm for casual players, but at least they give conquest points for the weeklies every week, unlike flashpoints. Flashpoints were totally killed with 7.0. I did uprisings weekly some time ago, and even with the conquest points, I still don't like them. Too many mobs and too complicated mechanics for most people to deal with. I don't mind teaching the mechanics, but someone always manages to pull the whole map before I even have a chance to explain. It's simply not worth the time and effort.

I'm going to give you the same advice I give to a lot of other people when it comes to group content. Find a good guild. As someone with a lot of alts, I've been in a number of different guilds. Just to see how others do things, and cause you get to meet other cool people, who enjoy the same things you do. That said most guilds have people running content together (some way more than others). However a good tank is never in short supply, so if you want to tank, do it with a guild, and enjoy running that content. Or if you want to stay dps find a tank or healer who will run with you to get faster ques works as well.

That said, I still feel like FPs (MM especially) need to give more.

Daily's give DRM (previously ARM) which are needed for all gear upgrades.

Conquest material also gives conquest material needed for all upgrades.

PvP is basically the best pre raid gear you can get, and is a stepping stone for a lot of people going into Ops.

Non Rakata raid gear gives you Ops currency to upgrade your Rakata gear, so even lower level raids still offer something, and lots of tech frags for your implants or just OEM / RPM parts for $$.

FP though. I mean yea I guess you get gear to use it as a stepping stone to enter Ops with. However it's inferior to PvP gear, and takes longer to get. Non MM FPs even top out at 322, which is worse than conquest gear, and MM FP are still blue and thus inferior to PvP gear. This is a real let down, considering how long some of these FPs can take. I would even be happy if FPs offered a lot of Jawa scrap for crafting purposes, which have been in very short supply with the launch of 7.0. I would actually run way more FPs to level up my crafting on alts and what not. However as it stands, meh.

Oh and before I forget the red headed step child of this game, Uprisings. This mode needs something more too, so that people will run this. Outside of a few select guild runs here and there for conquest points, I don't think anyone does these anymore. Bioware needs to attach better rewards here, cause the game mode is actually good, just pointless atm.

Personally, it isn't the quality of rewards that keeps me from doing Uprisings.

They're boring. Not "easy" but boring..

I'll explain:

too much of the same level of "high excitement" which makes it all seem like a giant blur.

It's all combat and barely any "breather" (like being rushed through a flashpoint by someone who knows how to skip 90% of the mobs and assumes that everyone else does as well....which is to me, also extremely annoying)

Edited by Darev

Other MMORPGs are so much simpler.

I fail to see why this is a bad thing...... Simple doesn't mean better. Most of the time its just pandering to the lowest common denominator, That is a terrible concept.

Edited by TmoneyTime

That's the funny part: I am in several good guilds, but the people who would be good enough to run them don't want to because they are not getting anything out of it (ie. proper gear or even significant conquest points). And the ones who would join are not geared or are not good enough for some of them.

A number of people who I see asking in guild, or in discord for a group (happens often enough) are just in it for the social interaction to do something with people, or just help other guildies out. To do something with others, when they're tired of pvping, and raids aren't happening yet. They don't need the gear or anything that FPs offer. Well maybe aside from achievement hunting for some folks. But yea the problem really is that FPs just don't offer jack ****, and need to be brought up to better levels, so more people will do them. You get no argument from me here.

Personally, it isn't the quality of rewards that keeps me from doing Uprisings.

They're boring. Not "easy" but boring..

I'll explain:

too much of the same level of "high excitement" which makes it all seem like a giant blur.

It's all combat and barely any "breather" (like being rushed through a flashpoint by someone who knows how to skip 90% of the mobs and assumes that everyone else does as well....which is to me, also extremely annoying)

I mean boring is subjective. I can understand you're bored and that's fine, not everything is for everyone. However that's not the reason almost no one in the game does these. MMOs are built on the concept of rewards. Very few people actually need a full 330 set. Yet there are countless Nefra / Dash runs, with people pushing like <15k dps, (who don't know how to play their class properly and would benefit more from learning that than anything actual gear can help with. I found out that most people hated GSF, yet the number of people queing now has drastically risen with a fair number who will suffer through complete boredom by afking. Doing just enough not to get flaged, but nothing else. Why? For the shinys of course.

The game has to offer rewards for people so they feel like their time isn't wasted, and that they've accomplished something. When that happens people will do content they might not even like just for those rewards. That's why going back from 6.x to 7.0 has been such a drag for a lot of people, it took away the things they liked and forced them down a path they might not like. They can't do what they used to do for gear. Having said that, yes there will be people who just don't like X or Y content and won't do it. Like you with uprisings for instance (unless you would of course for the right loot). Yet for the majority of us it's about the chase, and Uprisings & FPs need a serious buff to the rewards to get people to chase something.

Actually I'm going to add 1 shot boss operations to this too. Because honestly I feel like once the Galactic Season ends, no one is going to do these either.