Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be a a day per month.

July = 13TH

Aug = 14TH

Sept = 15TH

Oct = 16TH

Nov = 17TH

Dec = 18th

Go figure why they moved the early access ahead 2 days because anyone who bought the game in December would get almost no early game access.

Of course BW are never going to admit or confirm this kind of timing even if it would save them grief of people constantly loading the launcher / refreshing the page every hour.

According to his email, it doesn't sound like it will be a day per month. Bad guess! :p

Sounds like July = 13th

After that it sounds like months maybe batched together. 14 = Aug/Sep (maybe) 15th = Oct/Nov/Dec

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

Registered on July 25th. All I need to know is can I afford to get some sleep, or do I keep drinking coffee?

July = 13TH

Aug = 14TH

Sept = 15TH

Oct = 16TH

Nov = 17TH

Dec = 18th

Go figure why they moved the early access ahead 2 days because anyone who bought the game in December would get almost no early game access.

Of course BW are never going to admit or confirm this kind of timing even if it would save them grief of people constantly loading the launcher / refreshing the page every hour.

I love that he made up these figures and throws suspicion onto Bioware for not confirming his imaginary numbers that he just estimated based on his complete lack of knowledge about the subject. Good work, keep it up. I used to formulate random information like you, but I took an >>---> in the knee.

To, er, quote myself:

Sorry folks - we can't be more specific.

I saw an employee at game.co.uk sell a copy of swtor in store to someone who pre ordered. However when i asked him if i could buy one as i pre ordered he refused please help also i entered my code on the 9th august and it said i entered it on the 5th of december what the heck.. Please help. Btw thanks for the updates :D

What this (successfull) release proves is that whiners will always be. This is not RELEASE DAY per se. You have been granted an opportunity to POTENTIALLY play the game earlier than RELEASE. Appreciate this, but do not act out childishly if you don't get in immediatly. Nowhere did they promise that everyone who pre-ordered on date X would get in immediatly.

By far the best MMO release I have witnessed. I am watching several people stream swtor, and they are able to play without problems. Good work so far :)

July = 13TH

Aug = 14TH

Sept = 15TH

Oct = 16TH

Nov = 17TH

Dec = 18th

So is this True!?!?