I thought it was supposed to be bounty contract week... not Gree...

Pricia

I was looking forward to Bounty Contract Week since I have a few achievements I wanna take care of during that event. Not a big fan of Gree, but at least it's something for conquest. I understand the situation in Texas and I hope everyone is safe and keeping warm down there. Edited by EliteExodus

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Due to last week's situation, Game Update 6.2.1 was not deployed as scheduled. The effect of it is that this week's Conquest is the Relics of the Gree Event instead of the Bounty Contract Week. The Conquest and Event schedule will return to a normal rotation next week.

For those who are looking for Bounty Contract Week, we are exploring adjusting the schedule to account for the fact that it was missed this week. Keep an eye on the in-game event page for any updates.

We apologize to anyone that was looking forward to the Bounty Contract Event this week. We will also update the website schedule to reflect this.

Hi folks,

Due to last week's situation, Game Update 6.2.1 was not deployed as scheduled. The effect of it is that this week's Conquest is the Relics of the Gree Event instead of the Bounty Contract Week. The Conquest and Event schedule will return to a normal rotation next week.

For those who are looking for Bounty Contract Week, we are exploring adjusting the schedule to account for the fact that it was missed this week. Keep an eye on the in-game event page for any updates.

We apologize to anyone that was looking forward to the Bounty Contract Event this week. We will also update the website schedule to reflect this.

It's alright. Hope you guys are safe.

Thanks for considering adjusting the schedule!!!

Yep. I was looking forward to the Bounty week....we just had Gree last month, and honestly, the gree event is one of my LEAST favorite events, ranking right up there with Life day....:mad:

I'm a returning player that never did events except a few bounties before taking a break and yeah, having tried the gree event I'm thinking its a bit more like a chore than fun. So far it seems like the rewards are pretty low for some of the missions if you solo.

Bring back the Bounty Contract dailies on Ord Mantell and Hutta for characters level 28 and higher!

Or better yet: Let ALL Bounty Hunter players be able to , ohh i don't know, HUNT BOUNTIES whenever they want to , instead just for 1 week every 6-8 weeks because of rotating game-code. /boggle

As if Boba Fett or Shae Vizla would just sit around sipping blue-milk all month while known fugitives just run rampid over the galaxy. :rolleyes:

Oh and before the haters come out and say "But that would ruin the EVENT!!!?!?! )#*%$(*)&& !!!!!" ----- uhhh, no it wouldn't , cuz all they (BioWare) would have to do is: Make the Event as strictly 'kingpin' bounties only, with the chance to unlock....drum-roll please.....PLAYER BOUNTIES. :eek:

*Which would be OPT-IN only, as in only players who choose the option to be hunted (just like choosing to run warzones or play in the pvp instance per planet) would be placed on the 'player bounty board' for credit amounts scaled based on their 'valor' stat and 'prestige' number.

"But the game is too instanced & phased!" ----Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah, status quo x infinity, excuses excuses excuses. :sy_bountyhunter:

p.s. the guts of the code already exists in-game, with guild-on-guild 'challenge' system

Edited by Nee-Elder
desperate for BioWare to please consider my suggestions....someday

Or better yet: Let ALL Bounty Hunter players be able to , ohh i don't know, HUNT BOUNTIES whenever they want to , instead just for 1 week every 6-8 weeks because of rotating game-code. /boggle

As if Boba Fett or Shae Vizla would just sit around sipping blue-milk all month while known fugitives just run rampid over the galaxy. :rolleyes:

Oh and before the haters come out and say "But that would ruin the EVENT!!!?!?! )#*%$(*)&& !!!!!" ----- uhhh, no it wouldn't , cuz all they (BioWare) would have to do is: Make the Event as strictly 'kingpin' bounties only, with the chance to unlock....drum-roll please.....PLAYER BOUNTIES. :eek:

*Which would be OPT-IN only, as in only players who choose the option to be hunted (just like choosing to run warzones or play in the pvp instance per planet) would be placed on the 'player bounty board' for credit amounts scaled based on their 'valor' stat and 'prestige' number.

"But the game is too instanced & phased!" ----Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah, status quo x infinity, excuses excuses excuses. :sy_bountyhunter:

p.s. the guts of the code already exists in-game, with guild-on-guild 'challenge' system

I don't think player bounties would even be worth Dev time at this point. If open world PvP was a thing sure, but the PvP servers were very quick to die in this game, and even the open world PvP on Iokath when they attempted to encourage it didn't go over well with the majority of players. Let's face it the PvP instances on all the planets are also dead.

I don't think player bounties would even be worth Dev time at this point.

. Let's face it the PvP instances on all the planets are also dead.

Do you have actual server-metrics data to back up your statement?

Didn't think so.

I've been playing in the PVP instances 95% of my playtime since 2011 (when we used to have entire PVP servers) and these instances , while often barren yes, are far from "completely dead" in my experience. In fact, it's that very *risk* of maybe running into an enemy player that makes it all the more fun & exciting imo.

Furthermore, GREE Ilum pvp zone for the Event is as busy as ever (at least on 'Star Forge' server) . /shrug

Regardless, even if you're correct (or even half correct) , then all the more reason to inject some LIFE into open-world PVP. And PLAYER bounties could be the syringe.

Remember what BioWare just did with 300 augments & Ranked PVP Weekly? uh-huh , motivation carrot-on-a-stick incentives can be a powerful thing for gamers, if done properly. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Do you have actual server-metrics data to back up your statement?

Didn't think so.

I've been playing in the PVP instances 95% of my playtime since 2011 (when we used to have entire PVP servers) and these instances , while often barren yes, are far from "completely dead" in my experience. In fact, it's that very *risk* of maybe running into an enemy player that makes it all the more fun & exciting imo.

Furthermore, GREE Ilum pvp zone for the Event is as busy as ever (at least on 'Star Forge' server) . /shrug

Regardless, even if you're correct (or even half correct) , then all the more reason to inject some LIFE into open-world PVP. And PLAYER bounties could be the syringe.

Remember what BioWare just did with 300 augments & Ranked PVP Weekly? uh-huh , motivation carrot-on-a-stick incentives can be a powerful thing for gamers, if done properly. :cool:

I play on the pvp instances mostly too, why, because they are dead, most of the time, you'd be lucky to have 2 or 3.

Even in ilum, the numbers aren't much higher, 10 (ish), and even then chat is full of people whinging that they are getting ganked at the mission spot. The engine can't take proper OWPvP, it has been tried, even when people are going for the commanders and another group tries to stop them, most people complain of lag issues.

Hi folks,

Why on earth did you decide to put it at the end of March now and the boring Pirate Incursions in front of it?

Make us wait longer, for what!?

Why on earth did you decide to put it at the end of March now and the boring Pirate Incursions in front of it?

Make us wait longer, for what!?

Because...for some reason, it's set in stone...no idea why,. but it is. Probably because it's programmed in advanced, and it would cause issues to change it.

On a side note, I agree the bounty hunter event would be better :-D