Level 75 gear

The-Eradicator

Where is a level 75 vendor located in the game so I can get mods for lightsaber and armor?

In the second-to-last bay of the part of the Fleet where all the lower-level mods are sold. You'll need to have a decent stock of Tech Frags, and you should also bear in mind two other things:

* Set bonus effects come from the shells, not the armorings, so you may have to set up an Outfit Designer slot if you want to keep your current CM-gear look.

* It's better to get to 306 by wearing whatever junk you get from anywhere (notably, just acquire fixed-stats gear) and *then* refine the stat mix by buying mod-objects.

* (OK, three things) Don't get too fussed about it, since the next expansion (due probably in December) will raise the level cap and invalidate current gear.

I don't think you can buy 'level 75' mods separately. You basically rip them out of pieces you get as drops.

You can, from the Spoils of War Vendor in the Supplies section of the Fleet (same room as Kai). They sell gear, both components and complete armor pieces and main- and off-hands, and implants and earpieces and stuff, for tech fragments. But the things are random, like normal loot, so you might just get a bunch of Barrage R-20 enhancements and other garbage.

You can, from the Spoils of War Vendor in the Supplies section of the Fleet (same room as Kai). They sell gear, both components and complete armor pieces and main- and off-hands, and implants and earpieces and stuff, for tech fragments. But the things are random, like normal loot, so you might just get a bunch of Barrage R-20 enhancements and other garbage.

Unlike what you get from vendors of lower level gear, these items are random to the point of being atrociously bad; not a good use of tech fragments at all. Besides, you need to be at or very close to 306 already in order to get 306 pieces from this vendor.

Unlike what you get from vendors of lower level gear, these items are random to the point of being atrociously bad; not a good use of tech fragments at all. Besides, you need to be at or very close to 306 already in order to get 306 pieces from this vendor.

True, but they *will* be better than what you have if you buy them carefully and are below 306.

In the second-to-last bay of the part of the Fleet where all the lower-level mods are sold. You'll need to have a decent stock of Tech Frags, and you should also bear in mind two other things:

* Set bonus effects come from the shells, not the armorings, so you may have to set up an Outfit Designer slot if you want to keep your current CM-gear look.

* It's better to get to 306 by wearing whatever junk you get from anywhere (notably, just acquire fixed-stats gear) and *then* refine the stat mix by buying mod-objects.

* (OK, three things) Don't get too fussed about it, since the next expansion (due probably in December) will raise the level cap and invalidate current gear.

There is no level 75 vendor in the supply section of the imperial fleet. It only goes up to level 70.

I can't buy from him. It says I don't have enough credits but it shows 200 in red bold. Why won't it let me buy?

Because, as I said above, the price is not credits, but Tech Fragments. You earn these from various content-related things (completing Conquest, Mek-Sha Tradehouse mission weeklies, earning Renown levels, and many other things), as well as by deconstructing level 75 gear on a level 75 character. You can see how many Tech Fragments you have in the Currency tab of your inventory.

You'll need to have a decent stock of Tech Frags

But also:

Because, as I said above, the price is not credits, but Tech Fragments. You earn these from various content-related things (completing Conquest, Mek-Sha Tradehouse mission weeklies, earning Renown levels, and many other things), as well as by deconstructing level 75 gear on a level 75 character. You can see how many Tech Fragments you have in the Currency tab of your inventory.

But also:

Can I do conquest missions in non group mode?

Can I do conquest missions in non group mode?

Some conquest objectives (they aren't, as such, missions) are definitely group oriented, but there are plenty that are trivially soloable, and even some that nobody can directly help you with. Some examples:

* Run Flashpoints or Operations ==> group

* Run Story mode Flashpoints ==> SOLO

* Warzones or GSF ==> group

* Complete bonus missions ==> group or not as you see fit, but *you* have to complete the bonus mission to make the objective

* Complete heroics ==> group or not as you see fit, but *you* have to complete the heroics

* Give a gift to a companion ==> the most anyone can do to help is to trade a good gift to *you*. You have to give it to your companion.

* Raise a companion's Influence rank ==> Only you can do this.

* Crew skill stuff ==> solo

So it's a mixed bag, but there are more than enough soloable and definitiely-solo objectives for you to make your 50K conquest points on multiple characters each week. Look in the second tab of the Mission Log panel.

Where is the Black Talon flashpoint? Will doing Rise of the Hutt Cartel give me level 75 gear?

Black Talon is the Empire-side equivalent of The Esseles, the lowbie flashpoint for new start-at-1 characters on their way from the starter world to the capital world. Get them on the Fleet, in the extreme south of the Republic fleet, or the extreme north of the Empire fleet. (Take the lift, talk to the NPC, select the mode you want, walk down the corridor and through the purple phase wall. You should be able to sleepwalk through Story mode in these two FPs, and Veteran is definitely not hard for a solo player plus companion at level 70+.)

RotHC is the 2.0 expansion, so mission rewards will be, at the best, level 55 gear. Mobs you kill will occasionally drop 270, 272, 274 or 276 rated level 75 gear for a level 75 character, maybe even 278, but not more than that. On the other hand, you will get a Renown Crate and 100 Tech Frags each time you fill the XP bar (which becomes the Renown XP bar at level 75). Renown Crates contain one or two pieces of gear near your current Item Rating score, shown in the top-left of your character panel, but never less than 270-rated.

On the other hand, that thing about mobs dropping lowish-rated level 75 gear for level 75 characters applies everywhere except flashpoint and Operation (raid) trashmobs.

And, really, don't fuss about it. Remember what I said at the end of my first post:

... the next expansion (due probably in December) will raise the level cap and invalidate current gear.