Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

The entire sequencing for these conversions has been terrible.

Converting to credits doesn't really bother me but announcing to people that they had 24 hours to get their comms moved around only to then announce after the fact there's a 2 million cap is just silly.

Whoever has been making the decisions for the comm conversion and pass removal really needs to have a word with themselves.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the info. I just wish we had the option to convert them into something more meaningful. :/

As it stands, this is helpful for figuring out what to do with them, but I can't help going, "Oh, so this is why you pushed out that commendation change with only 24 hours notice." Just feels like kind of a hacky way to protect your economy and credits, to withhold info till the last day like that.

I managed to get most of mine in a legacy bank, so I can pull them out on the characters I want to hang onto them or spend them on, before 5.0, but I know there will be those who feel like they have a bunch of wasted comms on a character who has nothing to spend them on before the expansion, who will hit over the cap easily. And for people who do nothing but PvP and have stocked up an insane amount, that's probably going to leave a bad taste, having so many of their comms disappear like they were worth nothing.

I don't know how hard the following would be to do... maybe it would take too much work and wouldn't even be ready until the expansion hits. But it could alleviate the mentioned upset:

Go in and make a legacy bound version of most of the commendation items. Whether it's permanent or just a temporary vendor you put in. This way, the hardcore peeps who have stocked up an insane amount of comms, to the point where many are wasted on one character, would at least be able to buy items with their excess and make use of them on alts.

i don't understand the need to remove the ability to move warzone comms around in the first place. you could have just left the system in place and just removed it when 5.0 launched. plus like the rest of the people here i would like to know what the cost of the items that we buy with these currencies will be so we can figure out what is the best way to spend or save my comms and crystals and what about fleet comms

i'v seen it's been asked several times (and for good reason :p) but due to it's importance i'll add to the pile of question on the subject:

what about vendors who sell stuff for green data crystals? will the item be sold for credits with the same rate, different rate or not at all? for example, rank 6 gifts are sold for 30 crystals, will they now be 15,000 a piece (30x500=15,000), will green mods be 1,000 per piece (2x500=1,000)?

thanks in advance for the answer.

I agree with the general consensus of this, if you were going to have a upper limit of 2 million credits you should have told us this before the removal of legacy warzone comms, because now players have no choice, had they have know this ahead of time people could have planned accordingly.

You need to reverse the change done in 4.7.3 pronto and allow players to plan properly now we know the conversion rate and the upper limit.

Does this mean that legendary companion gifts will cost 12.5k each when everything is converted to credits. Cause that is damn cheap compared to what they are selling for.

Are the dev team aware that 2 million credits is next to nothing, currently that would barely get you out fitted for end game content but that many coms would get you a long way there. So what is being done about hyper inflation or the lack of decent gear that can be purchased for credits or how worthless 2 million credits really is.

I have 1 or two characters with too many wz comms but we're talking about a very small number of credits. One month ago, if you had asked which # on my main character was more valuable or relevant: his 80k wz comms or his 100 million credits, I would have said the comms. Now those comms are getting turned into 2 million credits? Why the cap? Why the extremely low conversion rate?

Why the extremely low conversion rate?

Because bioware don't do logic, remember the conversion rate of influence from affection in 4.0 only rank 10 from max affection it made no sense either as you can knock rank 10 out before leaving the capital world or by using about 500 rank 1 gifts I mean remeber the slog affection used to be its like candy now yet get got screwed on conversion then too.

This is super sad, and a slap in the face of all PvPers. Doing a bunch of heroics is FAR easier than grinding out WZ's.

I was holding out hope that BW would get wise and realize comms should have gotten turned into Galactic XP tokens, but guess not.

How much do people want to bet the deco's that went for X WZ comms won't go for 50(X) credits?

Thanks for that!

• It's better to trade purple crystals for DMCs and sell them on the GTN as long as you get 450k+ credits for them.
  • Blue crystals should be traded in for Exotic Isotope Stabilizers; you'll get more money from the GTN as long as prices stay above 25k.
  • Green crystals should be traded in for legendary companion gifts because you'll get way more than 12.5k credits on the GTN.

So in most cases, it's better to not hang onto any crystals but get rid of them ASAP. I imagine the same holds true for Warzone comms, those decorations sell for quite a lot.

^ Would like to know the same. I image they will be removed but some clarification would be great.

But that assumes people will buy them. With the current expansion coming to an end and the likelihood that there will be new exotic materials (not known yet) the buyers for them are drying up fast. And as for comp gifts, a smart player will wait to see what the vendor sells those gifts for. because even at 30k a piece that's cheaper than what most currently go for on the GTN.

2 MIL IS NOTHING

Making this takes ONE hour doing stupidly easy tatooine heroics

I have almost 200k wz comms on my main and now they will all go waste??? It is 2000 warzones which takes months to do! What are you smoking bioware? I would barely be ok with 1-100 rate for wz comms without cap. Because it's like only 10k credits per warzone.

You think about inflation? Gold sellers and bots (no, you didn't ban them, they are still around) bring way more harm every day!

You make 100% CC compensation for market whales who bought cheap passes when everyone was getting rid of them (because they know what expect from you, bioware).

RETHINK, IT'S NOT A COMPENSATION! IT'S ANOTHER SLAP IN THE FACE!

Edited by DerSchneider

Are the dev team aware that 2 million credits is next to nothing, currently that would barely get you out fitted for end game content but that many coms would get you a long way there. So what is being done about hyper inflation or the lack of decent gear that can be purchased for credits or how worthless 2 million credits really is.

well look at it this way: 25 glowing crystals give you 25k creds, while you can spend 25 glowing crystals to buy the blue crafting material and sell it on the GTN for more (on my server it's about 50k per piece at the moment). another example, 10 PVP commendation buys you a warzone adrenal, chances are you can sell those for over 500 a piece (which is what the conversation will net you per 10 PVP comms).

so my point being: it's in your best interest to spend your comms before 5.0 even if there was no 2mil cap, as you will make more money that way anyway.

well look at it this way: 25 glowing crystals give you 25k creds, while you can spend 25 glowing crystals to buy the blue crafting material and sell it on the GTN for more (on my server it's about 50k per piece at the moment). another example, 10 PVP commendation buys you a warzone adrenal, chances are you can sell those for over 500 a piece (which is what the conversation will net you per 10 PVP comms).

so my point being: it's in your best interest to spend your comms before 5.0 even if there was no 2mil cap, as you will make more money that way anyway.

True, tho if a bunch of people start unloading/selling en masse, the value of those items will go down as supply floods the market.

So you give people 24 hours notice that Warzone Grants will be locked to your character, thus ending peoples ability to transfer Warzone commendations. Making people panic and transfer the majority to one character alone.

Then, hilariously, you announce there's a cap on the conversion. Either this was planned by Bioware, or they are just that ignorant. Both options are equally horrific.

My sub ends in January. I will not return to this *****how. So far this has been the worst handled expansion, with absolutely dreadful communication.

So basically you're removing the convenience to be able to re-gear our chars frequently, without wasting our credits in the process.. Make the gold sellers happy, then! They'll rush in and attempt to sell even more credits now, as obviously people will NEED credits to get decent stuff!

Please stop breaking things that aren't broken. Thank you.

what about vendors who sell stuff for green data crystals? will the item be sold for credits with the same rate, different rate or not at all? for example, rank 6 gifts are sold for 30 crystals, will they now be 15,000 a piece (30x500=15,000), will green mods be 1,000 per piece (2x500=1,000)?

thanks in advance for the answer.

I'm very interested to know what the credit price for the rank 6 purple gifts will be, too.

As for my DvL toons with 3k-6k WZ comms? I think I'll trade them all for 204 gear. At least I'll get some set bonuses out of it. :cool:

True, tho if a bunch of people start unloading/selling en masse, the value of those items will go down as supply floods the market.

oh it will happen for sure, that why i need to be fast :p

as it stands, make sure you don't have over 40k PVP comms on a char, though if that char have PVE comms then even less than that.

Edited by mefager

I'm very interested to know what the credit price for the rank 6 purple gifts will be, too.

As for my DvL toons with 3k-6k WZ comms? I think I'll trade them all for 204 gear. At least I'll get some set bonuses out of it. :cool:

well whatever the price is, it's better than stacking 500K credits, so i'm gonna spend my green crystals on rank 6 gifts, which i kinda did anyway, never saw any reason to spend common crystals on anything else :D

NO, NO, NO ON THE 2 MILLION CREDIT LIMIT!

YOU CANNOT FIRST MAKE THEM BOUND, THEN PUT IN THE CREDIT LIMIT!

40,000 WZ commendations multiplied by 50 credits each is 2 million credits. I have several characters with substantially more than 40,000 WZ commendations. On top of this, I have common crystals and other crystals.

THIS IS ABSURD!

NO, NO, NO.

There is a 200,000 WZ limit per character, at 50 credits each, that's 10 million credits. Why is this so damn hard to understand? OMG!

Furthermore, it takes 40 WZ commendations to get 1 common crystal. That should make a common crystal worth 2,000 credits.

What the heck is going on at the company? Are you truly trying to piss off customers on purpose?

Eric -

You guys DO realize that the only people that will be happy with this are the credit spammers, right? You just made their business far more profitable and far more people tempted to use them. You're literally costing yourself money.

4.0 -

"I need WZ gear for an alt - better grind some WZ's"

"I need PvE gear for an alt - better do some Ops on my main and get a legacy set (or WZ's and use a PvP set while I grind out a PvE set)... or grind out some heroics and buy crappy crystal gear"

"I need companion gifts - better do some heroics"

"I need -"

"/1 Get credits at whatsinaname.com! Millions for cheap! Fast delivery!"

Yeah that's a question I also would like to know an answer to.!!

But I can take a good guess :D !!!

Those rank 6 purple gifts won't cost 15.000 Credits but instead at least 150.000 Credits or even more :mad::mad::mad: !!

Best regards

Kage

P.s.:

Now it is up to you BW (Eric) to proof me wrong with my guess :rak_03: !!!

Eric -

You guys DO realize that the only people that will be happy with this are the credit spammers, right? You just made their business far more profitable and far more people tempted to use them. You're literally costing yourself money.

4.0 -

"I need WZ gear for an alt - better grind some WZ's"

"I need PvE gear for an alt - better do some Ops on my main and get a legacy set (or WZ's and use a PvP set while I grind out a PvE set)... or grind out some heroics and buy crappy crystal gear"

"I need companion gifts - better do some heroics"

"I need -"

"/1 Get credits at whatsinaname.com! Millions for cheap! Fast delivery!"

I think the goal was to funnel people into Galactic Command, but I absolutely see your point given just how many items are now going to cost credits.

If you have a desire to move Warzone Commendations around or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants, please ensure they are on the character you want them to be on before Tuesday’s maintenance.

Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Should have NOT been this way...