Can you go back and change what choice you made in a cutscene?

CalmSquirrel

I accidentally clicked a choice I didn't mean to click during a cutscene and I want to make sure I can go back and make the choice I wanted to before I continue the story, can anyone help me?

Escape out of it. But if the cut scene ends, you're stuck with it.

Escape out of it. But if the cut scene ends, you're stuck with it.

Strictly speaking, no, but you must catch it before receiving the end-of-mission reward. If you've finished the mission, you're stuck with it, but if it's a mid-mission conversation you can just reset the mission. (Note: it isn't absolutely guaranteed even then because some missions can't be reset all the way back to the beginning...)

EDIT: companion conversation "missions" are a notable exception here, since the conversation *is* the mission, so there won't be anything to reset.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Strictly speaking, no, but you must catch it before receiving the end-of-mission reward. If you've finished the mission, you're stuck with it, but if it's a mid-mission conversation you can just reset the mission. (Note: it isn't absolutely guaranteed even then because some missions can't be reset all the way back to the beginning...)

EDIT: companion conversation "missions" are a notable exception here, since the conversation *is* the mission, so there won't be anything to reset.

Addendum

If you are told a character or simply just your action will be remembered you're stuck with it. That action/conversation choice will affect a future event. It could be how an NPC reacts to you, something an NPC will do or not do, or a branch in the story line depends on your choice. This is more prominent starting with Knights of the Fallen Empire, but it can happen during Class Story usually with a more immediate result. In Fallen Empire a choice now could affect something chapters later.

CHOICES MATTER (some spoilers ahead)

Dialogue with companions can determine if romanced/ etc.

Dialogue with Malora LS/DS choice for SI,SW on Korriban affect conversation on Ossis (most extreme example of early story affecting later story as far as length of time-line)

Dialogue with story in act 3 for Agent later comes into play for Agent on Quesh, and follows to Corellia (final act vanilla story).

Some choices in story impact what NPCs show up in Flashpoint on Nathema.

LS/DS choices impact story a bit as to which companions may leave on Zakuul during KOTFE.

Choice of companions impacted in battle with Vaylin during KOTET.

DS/LS choice with Tenebrae's dad impacts fight with Valkorian.

So plan accordingly.