Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wow we are 3 hours into EGA and people from the 23rd have not been aloud in...that does not look good for us at all.

Last one i saw post they got in was 22nd of july, i got 26th so hoping to get in on next wave or the one after

So maybe 2-4 hours

Just guess

this early access wave crap is stupid.

Why cant they let everyone in instead. I see why people are complaining. I dont care if i dont get in today but i wish they just give me a damn date on when i will get in rather than me checking my email every hour or so.

There's far too many people to let everyone in at once. The servers will crash and there'd be hours of que.

quoting for truth.

unfortunately i shifted my work schedule under the assumption that this would be like every other early access in the history of early access. instead we're doing server load testing still.

none of this has anything to do with notifying people when they can expect to start. Right now we're in the dark to the point that we can only be certain that we will be playing at launch, while I'm sure you'll count an hour of early access as *trollface* early access, it is impossible to plan for that.

This isn't server load testing. This is ensuring that everyone gets in smoothly without issues like occured with STO during it's first month. Open Beta resulted in server crashes, insane lag, and all around pissed off customers. Launch Day the game was almost unplayable for the people who got in and queues had to be instituted that resulted in huge numbers not being able to play at all. It took them over a week to get enough servers to get everyone on, THEN the servers started going down every half hour to an hour.

Bioware is attempting to ensure that this process goes as smoothly as possible with no crashes, no "I have to wait in a queue for 5 hours" and as little lag as possible. Plus with the staggered entry you won't be fighting with one million other people over the starting areas.

If they had let everyone in you'd be here complaining about "The server keeps crashing" or "I'm stuck in a queue" or "I can't complete this quest because everyone else is killing all the enemies" or "This lag is horrible, Bioware you suck". There is no way for them to win in this situation so they took the way that will be least painful for the players and cause the least resentment due to hardware issues.

Nobody should expect that... the surge will be huge, and they need to spread things out so there aren't 1000+ people trying to run around on each starter planet concurrently.

These worlds consist of a large cluster of very expensive servers each, and they need to make good use of that hardware, spreading player levels over time to help balance that load across all planets on each world (and the whole cluster of servers for that world). If they have 2 million pre-orders and wanted to allow everyone to rush the gates all at once, they'd probably need like 1000 worlds (not 107). Then, post-launch, they'd have massive server mergers once the excitement died down (because once players spread out past the starting planets, each of those worlds would feel too empty).

Even just the Day 1 rush will be huge (although perhaps they'll finish that up by the end of today). Didn't they have like 350K pre-orders on July 21st?

Kudos to them for spreading things out, hopefully keeping the launch smooth. I don't expect to get in until maybe Saturday, but that's OK. My kids won't be joining me until Tuesday ;).

Khafar

There will still be a huge demand day 1 (20th) this would be a perfect test to see what the servers can handle. They had a stress test weekend for this reason to see what the servers can handle. You said they are expensive. They are expensive, not because they are pretty but because they are designed to do a job. 7 days from right now there will be no waves other than a tidal wave.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some confusion considering how screwy the original pre-order was set up.

Remember there was all of that confusion about matching email addresses to an origin account, and auto-creating an account if it didn't exist. Creating an origin account, and then also a swtor account, and the part where you can pre-order but only got an email with the code a day or two later which you then had to go and claim at some point. Not to mention the password security reset which might have some kind of effect if people didn't take care of.

I'm sure there are a ton of people who pre-ordered on that first day, but didn't claim their code on swtor.com site until later that will be getting in late now.

Ahhh well its just a few days. Today not such a big deal, but not getting in for the weekend would be worse.

Kinda wished i pre ordered on day 1 now! Didn't pre order until 2nd of Novemeber, so today has gotta be a no go. Maybe tomorrow but my original guess was Thursday.

Just really annoying they can't tell you what day you'll be in, find that very strange.

I pre-ordered mine form Game Stop and came home and immediately put in my pre-order code from the reciept. It worked fine imediately after purchase. With all the problems people have been having with Origin, I am certainly glad I decided against it.

not to aggro people here, heh

I would have ordered from gamestop walked in they told me oops as a corp we're out of pre-order codes at the moment so I went home ordered on origin and got my code and entered it no problems, which is why I'm wondering what all this origin hate is? of course I did order mine several months ago (sept) so dont know

i got a mail saying i will be playing today, and i should already been playing for DAMN 16 effing Hours and NOTHING..... not playing today = cancelling pre-order...

HOLY CRAP!!

I came back from SHAVING and this thread had FIVE MORE PAGES!!

TROLL FACTOR OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!!

Fed up of origin. They didnt send me a pre order code when i first pre ordered, then when they did, it told me that i had redeemed my code. However, I now find that I am yet to redeem my code according to swtor.com?

This wouldn't be too much of a problem if I could actually speak to someone who would answer my questions, but origin can't do that, and have a website that is like trying to navigate a minefield. I'm starting to wonder whether i'm even going to be able to play at all.

As a result of this, I'm going to just grunt and bear it for a week, and order off amazon, who I know are reliable and can at least answer my questions if something goes wrong...

Eh, obviously your code is in or you couldn't post here :p.