Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious what each cohort of invites looks like. Have they even made it through the first day? About how far are they on inviting the 21st crowd? Approximately how many folks have they been letting in each hour? are they scaling that number up or down or to the side? Statistics, baby! FEED MY CRAVING FOR YOUR DATA!

*ahem*

I mean, it could give us an approximate idea on when we should start spamming F5 and loading up on the chips.

Its simple, It's YOUR fault for not preordering early they said like 3+ months ago they would let people in depending on when you pre-ordered. Did you seriously think you would pre-order in nov-dec and get in on day 1? They cannot let everyone in on day one because it would overload the servers. For you people complaining its obvious you have never played an MMO on launch or you'd know what would happen with ALL those people logging in at the same time.

Funny I have been through quite a few launches(Aion, Rift, WAR) and never really had issues on day one, besides maybe a server crash that came back up within a hour or two.

Edited by MaGicBush

I guess I can wait til I get home though. Already waited 4 years :)

you know....

i once bought SW-EAW and started it then though "hey i played 2-3hours i should get food" but really i played like 15 hours without noticing it...

but waiting the 2minutes for the bus to arrive or like this.. to get ur SWTOR start mail feels like YEARS!!!!

Well then explain to me why people who have Preordered today have got in to the game instantly please?

Do not believe everyhing you read on the Internet ;)

Some of the people who preordered (much) later have nothing better to do than to troll forums for the TROLOLOLs :p

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

For anyone calling CS: yes, we have a lot of calls right now. If you're calling about 'when do you get access' - hang up. They won't help.

1 minute ago

You have to be really silly to start calling CS for EGA. My, my, my.....

This is kinda true. It might have motivated people to order earlier or at least give notice that this was going to happen. Complaints are warranted about this: they've had years of development on this and there is just no reason why they can't handle an infrastructure like this now. We are "only" talking about maybe a million. That other game has 10x as much.

That 'other' game had one of the crappiest launches ever, not taking into consideration Age of Conan. They didnt have near as much players at the start as this mmo has, and yet they had massive problems, so your comparison is a very bad one indeed.

please just top complaining, i feel like an adult watching a bunch of kids cry over a new toy, honestly, some people will not get in till next week, so those of us who get in earlier should just be happy they are getting in today or tomorrow and not just the day before the game comes out or even not havine early access.

thousands of people running around starter areas would never happen.
There's still a limit on total server capacity per world, and there's no guarantee that they can direct all of a world's servers to just "starter planets". By letting people in via "waves", they can monitor loading, have time to bring new worlds online as needed, etc.

The bottom line is that if they didn't throttle the inflow of customers, they could wind up with a major mess on their hands. If anyone thinks people are QQing now, just imagine what would happen if they had to shut down the game for "emergency maintenance" on the first day.

They'll deserve a lot of praise if they can pull off a smooth launch, and if people are having fun... a month from now they simply won't care if they got in on December 13th or on December 15th.

Khafar