Makeb [Staged] Weekly Being Removed in 4.0

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We wanted to pass on a heads up about some Achievements which will be coming out of the game with Game Update 4.0.

Category: Citizens of Makeb

• Mass Exodus
  • Hero of the Citizens of Makeb
  • Making the Connection

Category: Makeb Imperial Forces

• Contain and Control
  • Hero of the Makeb Imperial Forces
  • Well Connected

All players who complete Making the Connection and/or Well Connected achievements before they are removed will be receiving a Makeb Gazebo decoration in the mail around the time Game Update 4.0 launches. If you don’t have those achievements but you are looking to get them before they are retired, now is the time! We’ll see you all on Makeb.

-eric

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We wanted to pass on a heads up about some Achievements which will be coming out of the game with Game Update 4.0.

• Mass Exodus
  • Making the Connection

• Contain and Control
  • Well Connected

All players who complete Making the Connection and/or Well Connected achievements before they are removed will be receiving a Makeb Gazebo decoration in the mail around the time Game Update 4.0 launches. If you don’t have those achievements but you are looking to get them before they are retired, now is the time! We’ll see you all on Makeb.

-eric

Is there any specific reason why are they being removed? And are those the only achievements being retired?

I'm confused. Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 what this means?

Are all the Makeb weekly quests going away?

Are the things listed individual quests that are going away?

Are the things listed sub-achievements that are part of a larger achievement? And are these all going away?

What's the point in removing these? They are working and they are actually ones that take some time to complete.

Why don't you fix/remove <KIll It With Fire>? It been bugged since 2.0 came out...

Probably Metrics. That guy causes tons of change...

Hey folks,

• Mass Exodus
  • Making the Connection

• Contain and Control
  • Well Connected

-eric

Hmm, That's one way to force me to complete Makeb.

I'm wondering why they are removing this and it makes me worried about other content that could face being removed. At least they are giving us a head up, which is better then nothing. I would like to hear the reason why it's being removed. :rolleyes:

To anyone who has complete the achievement could you give me an estimated on how long it takes to complete as I haven't start it. I would like to get it done but I'm very busy right now.

Are there actual changes coming to the missions / world on Makeb, as well? That's the only reason I could see to remove the Achievements like that.

While I'm not too concerned about the achievements for their own sake, I do want to complete the Makeb story arc on all my characters - so a heads-up if that will not be possible after 4.0 would be appreciated.

I'm wondering why they are removing this and it makes me worried about other content that could face being removed. At least they are giving us a head up, which is better then nothing. I would like to hear the reason why it's being removed. :rolleyes:

To anyone who has complete the achievement could you give me an estimated on how long it takes to complete as I haven't start it. I would like to get it done but I'm very busy right now.

I think those are the missions you get daily from the droid on the Makeb space station. check it daily, or have someone on your server check it to see which one it is.

Depends on the number of characters you have. It takes doing the Weekly about 3-4 times on each side to complete them all. Some of the dailies are very short (less than 5 minutes) and some are an hour long. Each Weekly requires you do 6 Dailies + 1 interlude mission. The achievements require that you do them in a certain order and some require you to do extra "Bonus" missions during the dailies:

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/11/swtor-well-connected-makeb-achievement-guide/

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/12/swtor-making-the-connection-makeb-achievement-guide/

• Dev Post

Some quick changes, and clarifications.

What is being removed is the Makeb [staged] Weekly Missions. In there place, we are putting new Weekly Missions which will contain largely the same content they do now, except presented in a way that is more consistent with the other Planetary Weekly Missions.

I have also updates the thread title to more accurately reflect. Sorry for the confusion!

-eric

Some quick changes, and clarifications.

What is being removed is the Makeb [staged] Weekly Missions. In there place, we are putting new Weekly Missions which will contain largely the same content they do now, except presented in a way that is more consistent with the other Planetary Weekly Missions.

I have also updates the thread title to more accurately reflect. Sorry for the confusion!

-eric

Bah! There goes my theory that it was being Death Star'd.

Can someone tell me how to start the staged weekly?

I want to finish the achievements but it's been a long time since I've been to Makeb and all I can find is info on HOW to do them but not actually START them.

talk to the astro doid (t7 looking thing) on the makeb space station (at least on the pub side) just in front of the stairs if memory serves me correctly. I as always reserve the right to be 1000% completely and utterly wrong.

Can someone tell me how to start the staged weekly?

I want to finish the achievements but it's been a long time since I've been to Makeb and all I can find is info on HOW to do them but not actually START them.

You have to finish the makeb storyline first. Then you pick the staged weekly on your orbital station

Staged Weekly is one of my favorite quest. What quest you complete had an effect on what quest you can do next; I wish more weeklies were like this one.

Please for the love of Makeb don't have [sTAGE 2] The Dissonance Wave or [sTAGE 1] Operation: Overwatch. Those two are painfully long.

I hate a bad feeling that these two are going to be part of it.