Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

I rather see them do like this and go slow than put to much pressure on the servers and get even more people angry cause they can logg in but lagg like hell. Be glad they put 2 extra days on it or you would still be waiting for early game access to even begin

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anoying for me is that i did preorder on day 1, about 5 mins after the anouncement was made, but the swedish provider messed up and i didnt get my code until 5 days after, thats was the problem for most swedes

lol 5 days? try 4 month.... cdon messed up big time and i got 2 copys of the game but only one preacces code... good job cdon :p

You sir have said exactly what I was thinking. Spot on!

side note: Thank you to anyone and everyone who has made this day possible!

extra side note: I didnt get a chance to enter my code in until the end of last month, does it bother me? yes!! Will I rage on the forums like a 3yr old? NO!

Wake up ppl!! Today is the start of something amazing! We should all be happy and thankful for the opportunity to live our star wars dream! We all are fans of star wars and despite some mishaps with lucas arts and that sad blue ray release they did, WE THE FANS have stuck together and been an awesome community of friendly ppl. Lets keep it like that and stop all this complaining and whining...

couldnt of said it any better i think people are just anxious to get in and play thay've been waiting a long time and there being frustrated cause the day they get to play is so close they can taste it... so please dont be to hard on these ragers they'll be ok ....

Edited by meander

I fail to see how he was acting like a 6 year old.

Personally I agree with him, tiered early access is ridiculous. You are correct, early access is a gift, not a right. So if that's the case, then why should someone ordering a week earlier get a better gift? Put in the terms of a 6 year old, that's like saying you are a twin but you came out first and are therefore getting a bigger birthday present.

A tiered early access period will not by default mean an easier or better launch period. The only thing that a tiered early access period allows for is slightly less competition in the newbie areas.... which is an issue they CANNOT guarantee, because how many of the EAccess people are at work and unable to take advantage right now?

If they were so insistant on using a tiered entrance system, the least they could have done was to provide people with some advance warning regarding when they are getting in. You're right, they've been working for years on this game, but there are players out there that have been WAITING years for this game. Sending the emails out a few days in advance would have allowed their playerbase to take full advantage of the gift of EAccess without the waste of taking days off work when they can't even get in.

Do you make this same argument for the people who are first in line on black friday? Or people who do get the last few tickets to a movie/concert about to sell out? And again I state "Up to 5 days of early access"... That doesn't sound like "EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY STARTING ON 12/13."

I also don't remember Stephen Reid saying: If you pre-ordered you will absolutely be able to play on the 13th.

Just calm down and let them do their job. Capitulating to nerd rants demanding explanations probably won't expedite the process much.

Oh BTW I am a nerd. I am just not ranting ;)

SWTOR is a bit over 3 hours online. In early game access that is.

Already the forums, twitter, FB etc is exploding with nerds raging :rolleyes:

What I watch is a carefull ramping up of access to the game. By the hour you will see the severs filling up. It seems to me that BW/EA is in full control.

I patiently await my play button to become active.

For now... the raging is rather amusing.

IIRC official launch is Dec 20. :) I will be in earlier, but not today.

CYall I hope that all who threaten to cancel subs actually do so.:p

By the hour ? careful ?

They let like 10 people in the first wave and the second has been going for about an hour and a half.

If they cant stabilize the servers in 3.5 hours with only a fraction of the population in, then they have bigger issues than they can handle.

Telling you, they are making you wait so later they can put out the illusion of a flawless launch.

They will say servers never got stressed at all. Easy to do when you only let 100 people per zone play at a time

Can't be more than a thousand. I intitally didn't care about the staggering until I found they hadn't even invited all the day one people yet.

What are they doing inviting a thousand people per wave? This game has a million preorders if it can't handle a few hundred thousand per wave you need to get it working.

The game has almost 1,000,000 PHYSICAL NA pre-orders. Again, I'll post some interesting statistics.

Rift had 59,000 pre-orders during early access. According to Rift they had a total of 600,000 players during early access and most of their pre-orders came from digital sales. If 59,000 physical ended up 600,000 total.. well SWTOR has 939,000 physical...

But is it not possible to make something like wave numbers, they have an certain amount of people in a wave. In order well to say! so there is allready a certain quee. Is it not possible to say in which wave we are? i dont need know when the wave is getting acces. but following which wave has acces i know if i still have to wait certain amount of waves aka i can go back to bed

I'm 100% certain that every preorder will have access by the 15th. I think they pushed headstart to the 13th to be able to deliver at a minimum 5 full days of headstart to every preorder they got. I think they will have waves of nvites every 2-3 hours throughout the next 2 days untill everyone is invited and either playing or not based on their own personal schedules.

Wow, way to take my words and twist them noob. Early access is a gift. Yep, I totally agree... which also means.. I have yet to get any kind of service for the money they have had for months. Why are you people so stupid to see that side of the coin.

Secondly, you didn't notice the fact I point out early access is one the greatest tests an MMO can have before launch. You got so hung up on other things like most children do. They are pissing on a huge opportunity here for testing. Learn to read the entire comment.

But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.

So if I purchased on the weekend and downloaded on Sunday, when do you guys think I may get in?

My guess is 7 weeks from next Thursday at the rate they are going. They have to be careful that they do not overload their servers that they may never let any of us in just to make sure the game is stable.

I don't have a problem with staggered early access, but I'm curious how they plan to handle the natural increase in player population that takes place as the day goes on. I dimly recall from Steam stats that "prime time" for gaming is rather like prime time for US TV watching -- East coast evening time. I know I have friends who've received their emails already but can't play because they're at work. What if Bioware allows in 6 waves before prime time, and then prime time hits and player population soars. Will Bioware wish they'd only let in 3 waves?

nope it has not, they where around +900k last Time checked 2 Days ago.

vgchartz only shows physical preorders made in the US, it does not show digital preorders in the US, or any type of preorder from outside the US.

there may or may not be 3 million preorders, but there is definately more than the 900k vgchartz shows.

Were we playing the same games? Cus Aion servers dropped alot. And Rift did infact have servers go down. And are you seriously using a failed MMO as a reason why BW should do the same?

I said they did crash on ocasion, but the servers I played on personally never really had issues. A failed MMO does not mean launch didn't go smooth either :p. WAR's issues were with late game and PvE content, not how it was launched.