Ood Bnar Memorial Decoration Bugged?

JediBoadicea

Has anyone figured out how to get the Ood Bnar Memorial decoration? The decos UI says the source is Ossus Reputation, but it's not on the vendor. (Besides, all of the Ossus world drop decos say this same source, so clearly it's not really accurate in all cases.)

I was originally thinking it might be rewarded for getting all the Ossus datacrons, since Ood Bnar is the theme of the weapon tuning and everything else involved with the datacrons (the deco preview even shows all the color switches), but I just completed that (all datacrons, got the tuning) and the deco didn't pop.

Anyone have any insight? I'm wondering if this is a bug, like maybe there was supposed to be an achievement associated with this that popped the deco as a reward.

Edited by JediBoadicea

• 3 months later...

Yeah, unfortunately I still haven't seen this deco become available anywhere. Has anyone at all had any luck with this?

I have dozens of copies of every Ossus drop deco (have all the achievements and the vendor decos too, with the sole exception of the ones that require Monumental crystals), but there remain five decos I just have not been able to get by any means. One of them, the Irrigated Garden, I've at least seen drop once from a WB (just once in all the times I've killed them, and alas las I didn't win it), but the other four I haven't seen anywhere at all. They are:

Ood Bnar Memorial

Shifting Crystal Container

Void Crystal Container

Withered Tree

Can anyone confirm having unlocked any of these, and if so how you acquired it?

The Ood Bnar Memorial deco definitely still feels like it might be a bug that was meant to pop with the achievement, but I don't know about the others. The crystal ones seem odd ones to make so rare. If these are truly drop decos then I really hope their drop rates can be revisited and improved. I've had Legend rank on Ossus since the first day it was possible to have it given the weekly cap, and I continue to run the dailies on nearly ten characters, persistently capped on Relics. That's a whole heck of a lot of killing mobs on Ossus to have had zero luck in getting these decos. :(

Edited by JediBoadicea

• 10 months later...
/snip but the other four I haven't seen anywhere at all. They are:

Ood Bnar Memorial

Shifting Crystal Container

Void Crystal Container

Withered Tree

(

I've seen the Withered Tree drop from the wb's a couple of times, but have never won the toss :(, the other three I haven't seen. :(

The decorations inventory/UI is unfortunately extremely unreliable as regards what it lists as the source for decorations. There are decos still in the inventory that have been there since the launch of strongholds and that are still not available on the source it says they're from (the fabrication droids). Similarly we have decos that say they're from certain packs they were never in, and etc.

So although the Ood Bnar deco now has as its source an "achievement" (it used to have a different source in the tooltip), it's almost impossible to know if that's a bug in the tooltip, or a bug in the associated mystery achievement, in no small part because decorations bugs almost never get acknowledged or addressed. I have all the Ossus achievements except the PVP ones, and I've got all the Ossus datacrons, and no achievement has ever popped this for me.

After a sickening length of time grinding Ossus I did finally see the Irrigated Garden and the Withered Tree drop on world bosses, but of course odds of winning them are slim - and now that Ossus is no longer the end game hub, I would say the odds of getting these decos are almost non-existent, because you just can't be guaranteed a group to even down the bosses. Unlike Ops, which remain relevant for the gear grind forever, the Ossus world bosses net zero benefit now unless you're achievement hunting, and the amount of people required for that boss group mean even those achievement hunters are now probably SOL.

Something I suggested in the past in the never-read Suggestions forum, and which I still think would be great, is if the below Legendary rarity decos were added to Ossus decos vendor who sells decos for Tech Fragments, or to the Ossus reputation vendors for a hefty 1000 Relics cap price. Price them high in either relics or fragments to keep them rare, and/or tag them to the Legendary rep requirement, do whatever to make them more difficult to get, but at least make it possible to get them.

Irrigated Garden - Very rare drop from Ossus world bosses, almost impossible to achieve now.

Ood Bnar Memorial - Bugged, has never been available.

Shifting Crystal Container - Has never been available from any source I know of.

Void Crystal Container - Has never been available from any source I know of.

Withered Tree - Very rare drop from Ossus world bosses, almost impossible to achieve now.

Edited by JediBoadicea

• 3 months later...

Has anyone ever found this deco? Or is it still a bug, forever to be ignored? :(

Also, I stand by something I've suggested here and elsewhere:

Something I suggested in the past in the never-read Suggestions forum, and which I still think would be great, is if the below Legendary rarity decos were added to Ossus decos vendor who sells decos for Tech Fragments, or to the Ossus reputation vendors for a hefty 1000 Relics cap price. Price them high in either relics or fragments to keep them rare, and/or tag them to the Legendary rep requirement, do whatever to make them more difficult to get, but at least make it possible to get them.

Irrigated Garden - Very rare drop from Ossus world bosses, almost impossible to achieve now.

Shifting Crystal Container - Has never been available from any source I know of.

Withered Tree - Very rare drop from Ossus world bosses, almost impossible to achieve now.

The above would also make grinding Ossus relevant again for the Strongholds enthusiasts, and if one were smart and made them not BOP it would make grinding Ossus relevant to all sorts of people who might want to sell them to Strongholds enthusiasts. Wins all around.

Almost no one is ever going to put together Ossus WB groups again, and these were always BOP on top of being almost impossible to get even before. Might as well make them achievable again!

Edited by JediBoadicea

• 9 months later...

Bumping this old thread again, because stealth fixes go into the game all the time as patches dredge up old code. Has anyone ever stumbled on how this deco (the Ood Bnar Memorial) is unlocked, or is it still a mystery bug and phantom deco lost to the mists of time?

And I know I'm just riding the merry-go-round of this thread all by myself, but I'll quote myself yet again because for the decoration-chasers like me these five decos listed below are still a frustrating unachievable gap to close:

Irrigated Garden - Very rare drop from Ossus world bosses, almost impossible to achieve now that Ossus is no longer endgame and groups don't form.

Bumping this old thread again, because stealth fixes go into the game all the time as patches dredge up old code. Has anyone ever stumbled on how this deco (the Ood Bnar Memorial) is unlocked, or is it still a mystery bug and phantom deco lost to the mists of time?

And I know I'm just riding the merry-go-round of this thread all by myself, but I'll quote myself yet again because for the decoration-chasers like me these five decos listed below are still a frustrating unachievable gap to close:

- oops -

Edited by JediQuaker

I have this deco. I'm almost positive it comes from an achievement. I'll check later, in game, if I remember. (but that's a big 'if').

This is the first report I've ever heard of anyone getting it! If you could share which achievement that would be totally amazing. I have the achievement for finding the Ossus datacrons (the one that gets you the Ood Bnar weapon tuning) and that seems like a good fit for this deco reward too, but at least at the time that I got the achievement the deco wasn't granted, and I know for a fact it wasn't granted for a lot of other people who got that achievement too (i.e. no one I know who has the achievement has gotten the deco). If this was a stealth fix to the achievement grant at a later time then we need to know it, so that those of us who already got the achievement before the fix can put in tickets to have the deco granted.

Edited by JediBoadicea

I was confusing a couple of other decos - the Orrery Table and some hanging beast skeleton, that come from an Ossus achievement, and the Ood Bnar weapon tuning.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, but as Bart would say - don't have a cow! 😇

That's one of the minor problems with posting on these threads using my tablet during my morning coffee. I can't log into the game to check things. That's why you'll often see that I say I need to "check later".

Edited by JediQuaker

I was confusing a couple of other decos - the Orrery Table and some hanging beast skeleton, that come from an Ossus achievement, and the Ood Bnar weapon tuning.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, but as Bart would say - don't have a cow! 😇

That's one of the minor problems with posting on these threads using my tablet during my morning coffee. I can't log into the game to check things. That's why you'll often see that I say I need to "check later".

Thanks for checking, though! At the very least it confirms what appears to still be the case: that this deco is one of several that is in the the decos inventory as if they're supposed to be attached to a Flashpoint or an Achievement, and yet have been bugged and never actually granted. It's a serious bummer. I hope it someday gets looked into and fixed.

Edited by JediBoadicea

• 1 month later...

I'm disappointed that many of the Ossus decorations are still extremely difficult or impossible to get.

Plus good luck finding a WB group. That never happens.

Devs, please look into this? Bump up our odds a bit? Thanks!

Edited by Xina_LA

• 1 month later...

I would like all the decos that are listed but the one I am really wanting is the Ood Bnar memorial.

Please SWTOR can you : 1) take the decos off so we won't keep asking for them or 2) GIVE US THE DECOS....please.

My pick is give us the decos.

• 3 months later...
I would like all the decos that are listed but the one I am really wanting is the Ood Bnar memorial.

2) GIVE US THE DECOS....please.

My pick is give us the decos.

Coming December this bug will have existed for 3 years. I think it would be only fair to make this decoration available on a reputation vendor. It could have a maximum reputation for Ossus requirement for all I care.

But I think this would be easier to implement than to fix a broken legacy achievement.

Coming in here to bump the thread, and hopefully get a dev's attention. It's really a bummer that these rewards are almost impossible to get. They should definitely make adjustments for when this happens, and I like the idea of putting them behind legendary reputation.

• 8 months later...
I love the stronghold “decoration mini-game” & the decorations that are bugged like “Ood Bnar Memorial” or the ones that just have a drop rate so low, it makes the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent from WoW look easy to get , and that need to change please. Pretty please with sugar on top :/

I love the stronghold “decoration mini-game” & the decorations that are bugged like “Ood Bnar Memorial” or the ones that just have a drop rate so low, it makes the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent from WoW look easy to get , and that need to change please. Pretty please with sugar on top :/

Since I've been doing Ossus and other areas for several years, doing my best to complete achievements, and still don't have one of each decoration, there are either bugs or the drop rate is painfully low.

Devs, please look at this? Thanks!

• 7 months later...