Post 6.0 release, why bother with cybertech and artifice?

xordevoreaux

Most of my tanks and I think all of my healers are biochems so that they don't have to chase down consumable restorative items, they can just have the one endless medpack.

Armormechs, Armstechs, and Synthweavers can make the best-in-game augments.

What compelling reason is there to make an end-game cybertech or end-game artificer?

Well there are certain useful tacticals and armor sets now that can only be made by certain craft skills. I know Artifice has at least one useful Sage/sorc tactical to buff their cleanse ability. I don't know of any for Cybertech, but the stun grenades from years ago are still helpful if you need an extra CC on something.

Well there are certain useful tacticals and armor sets now that can only be made by certain craft skills. I know Artifice has at least one useful Sage/sorc tactical to buff their cleanse ability. I don't know of any for Cybertech, but the stun grenades from years ago are still helpful if you need an extra CC on something.

Is there like a masterlist of useful items each crew skill can craft this expansion? I have a cybertech from a previous expansion, and from the surface it looks like there's nothing new going for it to make it worth pursuing it, aside from the grenades. But that was there from before lol.

Most of my tanks and I think all of my healers are biochems so that they don't have to chase down consumable restorative items, they can just have the one endless medpack.

Armormechs, Armstechs, and Synthweavers can make the best-in-game augments.

What compelling reason is there to make an end-game cybertech or end-game artificer?

Yeah, Cybertech does just fine...

https://imgur.com/a/M31K4sP

you made 58billion with just cybertech? crafting this stuff? doubtful

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/517530522013138944/713553012823425034/unknown.png

29 billion going into 6.0. Dropped 3 billion to learn 95% of the 306 patterns across all crafting skills. Dropped 5 or 6 billion for decos and gearing. I make and sell just about everything. Stopped selling augments since they are not worth the effort.

For making credits:

Biochem is a waste of time.

Armstech and Armormech are not money makers unless you have low expectations.

Synthweaving is so so.

Artifice is just ok not great.

Cybertech is good. 90% of what I've made.

The OP asked, so I answered. My GTN competition knows the truth.

As of 5/23/2020

https://imgur.com/a/eHPp04y

Note the 11,000 Processed Isotope Stabilizers and 200 million worth of embers in the picture. You only need that much when you are using and selling crafted stuff.

Edited by Drew_Braxton

29 billion going into 6.0. Dropped 3 billion to learn 95% of the 306 patterns across all crafting skills. Dropped 5 or 6 billion for decos and gearing. I make and sell just about everything. Stopped selling augments since they are not worth the effort.

For making credits:

Biochem is a waste of time.

Armstech and Armormech are not money makers unless you have low expectations.

Synthweaving is so so.

Artifice is just ok not great.

Cybertech is good. 90% of what I've made.

The OP asked, so I answered. My GTN competition knows the truth.

As of 5/23/2020

https://imgur.com/a/eHPp04y

Note the 11,000 Processed Isotope Stabilizers and 200 million worth of embers in the picture. You only need that much when you are using and selling crafted stuff.

Random comments - none of what you have shown supports the 'I made all this from cybertech', and certainly doesn't answer the 'what sells' question.

I'm not saying you didn't make most or all of your credits shown through cybertech, but a screen shot with credit balance showing and the most disorganized cargo bay I've ever seen doesn't prove anything.

For all we know, those credits came from exploits to build your credit base and / or using a cc (credit card) to buy CC (cartel coins) or credits directly from the 'dear friend' types that plague starter worlds.

In your defense, without spending much time each week specifically on crafting and the GTN (though I never stop craftng or running missions while I play), I went from under a billion when I came back for 6.0 to multiple billions all while spending a ridiculous amount on unlocks for every character, rank 50s for every character, lots of server slots and boosts, outfits, rerolling amps, buying sets, etc.

So I can certainly say I believe it is possible to make tens of billions just from crafting if one invested a lot of time and a high degree of focus on earning credits - but those levels of credit earning are going is going to be outlier territory and edge cases.

Edited by DawnAskham

Hey! I'd rather spend my time on other things than sorting bank tabs.

The OP asked what compelling reason existed for cybertech. My answer addressed that. How and what is not something I am going to volunteer. The less competition the better. A casual search of the GTN will answer that question anyways. Obviously, players make money in all sorts of ways and they should pick something that fits with their available time and what interests them and not solely on how much they can make. Normally, I'm a private person and would never share what I have, but perceived cybertech getting trashed so had to respond. I do play a lot and crafting is very time consuming now.

• 1 month later...
and the most disorganized cargo bay I've ever seen doesn't prove anything.

Hey mine looks nearly the same!

...It's just missing a few billion credits.

The point is, I organize stuff very very similarly, it just became less filled with mats after the per-account stash introduction.

Back to the point - cyber can make actually very good money off starship parts (I know it from a buyer's perspective, spent about 15-20m recently getting ship upgrades for a rep toon to finish off achievements), not sure how big the grenade market is but it surely exists and is thriving.

Money making is more of a market playing thing and a question of whether you're willing to spend time doing that instead of pewpewing stuff. Most people, myself included, don't bother :)