Quick Check In

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Wanted to check in on a personal level and let you all know that we are still recovering from the Texas ice storms that hit us last week, but we are working to become fully operational. Many of us were without power, water, gas, internet etc... for the majority of the week, and we appreciate everyone who has sent us positive and uplifting messages.

We will have game focused updates soon, so please keep an eye on all our official channels as usual. We thank you for your continued patience as we continue to recuperate and bounce back from last week’s crisis.

Jackie

Edited by JackieKo

Hi everyone,

Wanted to check in on a personal level and let you all know that we are still recovering from the Texas ice storms that hit us last week, but we are working to become fully operational. Many of us were without power, water, gas, internet etc... for the majority of the week, and we appreciate everyone who has sent us positive and uplifting messages.

We will have game focused updates soon, so please keep an eye on all our official channels as usual. We thank you for your continued patience as we continue to recuperate and bounce back from last week’s crisis.

Jackie

TYVM for update. Focus on the important stuff right now: family, friends. Take care of that business first.

Continued prayers for all of ya !!

Thanks for positive news from BioWare, I already began to worry reading in the media about the situation in Austin and around for past few days... Anyway the health of people is on the first place, then the studio, its equipment, working conditions etc., and only after that the progress with new update. We can wait as long as need, it's not a problem, knowing that the studio and people are restoring well.

Last but not least: consider later to improve somehow the thermal insulation of buildings and get some backup energy sources. Climate changes, so they may be useful next winter or a few years later, who knows...

Hi everyone,

Jackie

Yes, we hope and pray for a swift recovery for you and all your families. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all and that you'd all come out stronger and better from this difficult experience.

Hi everyone,

Jackie

Thanks for the update. I know that I have been worried. Just take care of yourselves; we're not going anywhere. See y'all soon!

Hi everyone,

Jackie

Glad you guys are safe. Take care.

Hope you folks are making good progress on recovering the essential services. I hope you all are getting any support of some kind from EA and BW considering some of you may have huge bills on cleaning up any mess that you folks may have incurred. Best wishes to all of you.

Hi everyone,

Jackie

Thank you and hope everyone is doing well. Being a native Texas I can imagine how this was something no one was prepared for and I do hope things are getting better. I will keep you in my prayers as I have been doing for my friends still in Texas. Stay safe.

Your lives, health, and safety are far more important than some stupid video game.

Anyone that thinks no one saw this coming, the people may have not seen this coming, but the Texas government should've. They did and did nothing for 30 years. There was severe winter storm in the '89, and the investigation determined the infrastructure needed to be winterized then, but it was deemed too costly and made a voluntary action. A similar outcome happened after the last storm 10 years ago. Texas is also not connected to the national power grid because they wanted to avoid federal regulation, which could've helped them with power demands once their grid was strained.

It's a damn travesty that tens of people have died and millions more have to suffer through this because the state government didn't want to spend the money to be prepared for when another winter storm rolled through. Due to human-caused climate change, it will most likely happen again in less than 10 years, as extreme weather is becoming much more frequent everywhere. They need to be prepared for the next time.

Please take care of yourself and each other. It's in difficult times like these we're reminded what's truly important in life. Something like this game can be delayed for some time. I think the majority of players know this.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

Hope ur all good! Now to be that guy, It should be possible to atleast announce an ETA on update by now?

i dont care if it takes another week but it would be nice knowing. Im guessing a few players are thinking if its worth grinding up that alt in ranked, or try to climb on X character etc.