BW: Have you gathered enough feedback on the new PvP

EllieAnne

to start making decisions? For the last 3 months we've heard your apparent inattentiveness to us is that you are gathering feedback so do you have enough after the multitude of threads on it?

If not, how much more do you need?

If so, are you going to let us know what the devs' decisions are?

to start making decisions? For the last 3 months we've heard your apparent inattentiveness to us is that you are gathering feedback so do you have enough after the multitude of threads on it?

Seconded.

Seconded too.

They are collecting feedbacks last 7-8 years and still nothing done. They are perfectionist they dont tolorete any mistake so before they take action they want to have all the feedbacks they can get. :rak_03:

Reality asking feedback is their way to say f.ck you all we will ignore this like we did all previous ones. You can check next 10 pages of the forum and most probably you will see only one response from BW and if you read it OP posted it on another section of the forum so mod removed it to pvp forum aka trash can.

Sadly SWTOR dev team dont give a sh.t about pvp but worse part is rven if they would like to fix problems they dont have enough talent to do it. So they just focus on easy stuff like changing numbers in conquest. Dont expect them to actually do something about pvp.

The "Feedback" that they have apparently gathered is none existent. We all know that they haven't gathered squat. Let alone they ain't going to reverse any of these changes that Chris game back to and implemented after his failed run on Anthem. I get the feeling they send Chris to games to die. Which if he stays on SWTOR that is actually what will happen. Let alone they haven't figured out how to make the lockout work for actually leaving the match vs lag outs/dc/game shut downs. In simple terms the DEV team doesn't give two turds about the casual player community.

Ever sens day one pvp been broken. They try nerf some classes but when they do they nerf all so realy none is nerft. How can they miss thet? Now pvp is stun stun and more stun. I think they dont know or how to fix it atm.

Ever sens day one pvp been broken. They try nerf some classes but when they do they nerf all so realy none is nerft. How can they miss thet? Now pvp is stun stun and more stun. I think they dont know or how to fix it atm.

Which "classes" have they nerfed exactly?

They nerfed death knell into the ground which was an assassin nerf.

They stopped you from changing tacticals mid-fight which was almost completely an assassin nerf.

They nerfed damage on guard which was almost completely an assassin nerf since dps PT and Jugg usually NEED the guard, PTs still do insane damage with it and most juggs play immortal if they are smart.

They even "fixed" deflection graphics so you could see what other buffs are on the class more clearly (I never even knew this was a problem).

And this was after assassins got the most useless new ability in the history of this game.

I see only one class getting nerfed into the ground here.

Edited by sithBracer

I have to agree with sithbracer here. the major issue with BW "balance changes" over the years has been that when they nerf something, they often nerf it into obscurity and it stays mired in obscurity for years. likewise, buffs are often left to sit for ages.

arenas exacerbate these balance issues, not out of some sinister "deep state" plot, but simply because there are fewer players on each team, which means each player needs to carry a heavier load. so they each have to be...well...better as individuals in terms of productivity (dmg output and survivability).

solo rated arenas further thin-out this field for much the same problem as arenas in general, because many specs severely underperform without A) support roles, and B) matched specs of teammates to synergize strengths with one another.

FWIW, I'm by no means poo-pooing on arenas. just explaining the facts about why balancing classes and specs is very difficult, even if BW were to make frequent balance changes (which they largely do not).

however, in all honest, if you are upset about role/spec balance in regs, the problem is you not your spec. don't get me wrong, there are certain specs that are much better than others, but every spec can contribute constructively in regs w/o being a drag on the team.

as for that throwaway comment about "stun wars," I should point out that that was a major complaint about players since 1.0, and BW made a stupifying change to the resolve system because of said complaining. anyway, the plethora of stuns isn't a recent occurrence.

Looking over this forum, I noticed the lack of those stylized BW indicating a Bioware CM has responded in a thread. When was the last time the CM addressed ANY of our PvP concerns? I'd be interested in seeing the job description for a Community Manager and how much of their job is expected to be working with community issues.

• 2 weeks later...

/co-signed

Yeah their feedback was to merge lowbie and midbie pvp into one bracket. That is what they gathered. So now if you go into PvP before level 43 you WILL NEVER GET A WIN. YOU CAN'T LEAVE THE MATCH WITHOUT GETTING THE 15 MINUTE LOCKOUT. AND YOU WILL GET STEAM ROLLED AND NOT HAVE FUN. GOOD JOB BIOFAIL (BIOWARE) ON ONCE AGAIN KILLING PVP. THE ONE THING THAT IS KEEPING THIS GAME WITH PLAYERS COMPARED TO YOUR LACKLUSTER PVE SLOW TO RELEASE CONTENT. Edited by BallisticKaine

Looking over this forum, I noticed the lack of those stylized BW indicating a Bioware CM has responded in a thread. When was the last time the CM addressed ANY of our PvP concerns? I'd be interested in seeing the job description for a Community Manager and how much of their job is expected to be working with community issues.

Patience, Ellie. These things take time. They're "...monitoring the situation."

Soon ™️

In all seriousness, their answer to our feed back seems to be -

Warzones

PvP brackets have been merged into two brackets instead of three: 1-74 and 75.

After several performance adjustments bringing them more on-par with the classic Huttball map, Queshball and Vandin Huttball are now back in the PvP Map Rotation.

It just goes to show that Bioware don’t listen and if they do read what we say, they don’t understand it.