More than 3 Strongholds active at once?

So... title. Is there any way to do this? I recently returned to the game and this is one of the few things I was going to see change. I like my stronghold locations, but having to pick three at any given time and lose all their decoration placements if I deactivate one is a real bummer.

So... title. Is there any way to do this? I recently returned to the game and this is one of the few things I was going to see change. I like my stronghold locations, but having to pick three at any given time and lose all their decoration placements if I deactivate one is a real bummer.

It has *always* been possible to have more than three active at once. (EDIT: except before the Stronghold feature launched, duh, when you couldn't have any.) When the feature launched, there were four and you could have all four active, and except briefly after Yavin was added (the fifth), they've never made it impossible to have fewer active than the total number of different strongholds.

EDIT: caveat: if you had strongholds on mutliple servers before the server merge in November 2017, you might have ended up having multiple instances of the same three strongholds on a single server, but that's a specific situation, but even there, you have more than three strongholds. If you have one of each, you are limited to, I believe, 15 or 20 different strongholds, which is more than the current number of different strongholds.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

It has *always* been possible to have more than three active at once. (EDIT: except before the Stronghold feature launched, duh, when you couldn't have any.) When the feature launched, there were four and you could have all four active, and except briefly after Yavin was added (the fifth), they've never made it impossible to have fewer active than the total number of different strongholds.

EDIT: caveat: if you had strongholds on mutliple servers before the server merge in November 2017, you might have ended up having multiple instances of the same three strongholds on a single server, but that's a specific situation, but even there, you have more than three strongholds. If you have one of each, you are limited to, I believe, 15 or 20 different strongholds, which is more than the current number of different strongholds.

So... if I own more than the separate individual strongholds...? Can I use more than three?

How do I activate more than three on a server at any given time?

You go to the relevant stronghold terminal(s) and buy / activate the one(s) you want.

Caveat the First: You cannot *activate* more than one copy of a stronghold.

Caveat the Second: You cannot *buy* a second (or higher) copy of a stronghold.

Caveat the Third: If you deactivate a duplicate, it's gone for good (but the decorations are picked up and returned to your pool of usable decorations).

Caveat the Fourth: if you deactivate the last copy, it can be reactivated with all its previously unlocked rooms for the base credits price if you originally bought it for credits, or for free if you bought it for Cartel Coins.

EDIT: Caveat the Fifth: If you want a Coruscant stronghold, you must buy it on a Pubside character, and similarly if you want a Dromund Kaas stronghold, you must buy it on an Impside character.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

How do I activate more than three on a server at any given time?

Not sure what you mean by "activate". You can purchase and use (decorate) one copy of each available Stronghold. I have 8 or 9 at the moment and all can be accessed and decorated. I didn't need to do anything (other than unlocking rooms) to "activate" them.

The stronghold UI has pages. The "About strongholds" text-block is always on the last page, so when you buy another stronghold, the text will move to the 2nd page, and make room for a 4th stronghold on page 1 ;)

To "activate" one, just go to the terminal and buy it.

Edited by Mubrak

I just wish they would add a scrollbar instead of pages, so I can look through them more easily. And do we need all of that information spread out on the UI? It could be condensed in a way that more Strongholds can be displayed at once...

I see. I just purchased a new stronghold and I can see it on my page, but where do I reactivate my train stronghold from Umbara? I had to deactivate it at one point and I haven't seen it on my stronghold list since. That's actually what spawned this question: I have 3 stronghold currently active, but I don't see the mobile base on my list for some reason.

I see. I just purchased a new stronghold and I can see it on my page, but where do I reactivate my train stronghold from Umbara?.

When you deactivated it, you need to go back to Odessen with a char that bought access to the room with the terminal.

Edited by Mubrak

When you deactivated it, you need to go back to Odessen with a char that bought access to the room with the terminal.

Or if that character had a fatal encounter with the Delete Character button, you need to go to Odessen on any character that can go there (== completed KotFE Chapter IX or later(1)) and spend 3 010 000 (three million ten thousand) credits at the vendor called "Nessl Vaccan" <Recovered Goods Vendor> in the Alliance Staging Area to buy the item called "Invitation: Trader's Quarters".

(1) Disclaimer: possibly necessary to finish the Crisis On Umbara story step EDIT: to be allowed to buy the invitation.

Edited by SteveTheCynic