Fleet Penthouse Stronghold Feedback

Screaming_Ziva

Imperial Apartment:

Basically the same as the Republic except that the entrance way has a slightly different arrangement of hooks. Instead of the medium and medium narrow on each side of the Republic entrance, there's only 3 small hooks in a L shape. Not as useful.

Also, there's no small hook beside the doorway where you could put a Gatekeeper droid.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just dawned on me, if there is no Terminal for the Fleet Apartments, then how are random strangers able to visit your stronghold without having to invite each one individually?

After I finish all my strongholds, I unlock them for the public to come see and check them out. How is this going to be accomplished now that a vendor is selling the stronghold as opposed to a terminal? How am I able to go see other peoples publicly listed Fleet apartment strongholds?

Edited by Banthabreeder

There is no way to unlock it for guilds. The way it works for the other strongholds is that when you visit each of the stronghold terminals there is a button to unlock it for the guild. The Fleet stronghold does not have a terminal. You buy the token from a vendor, click it in your inventory and boom, stronghold unlocked.

Maybe they will add a terminal nearer release time. I mean it has a pretty limited capacity but would still be nice to have the option. Like you said, it also means there is no way to share it publicly.

Enjoying the new penthouses.

• Wishlist:
  • We can see players on the other side of the green screens when we are in private missions but they can't see us. Use the same technique for the penthouse windows.
  • I'm guessing you have plans for the elevator but it'd spoil a story or something to have it working in PTS. Am I right?
  • I want fleet chat also like guild ships have. Guild ships are in "space", the penthouses are on "fleet".
  • I agree they need light switches like Rishi. Too expensive and ugly to add flood lights everywhere.

Bugs:
  • When looking down at the main level of the Imperial fleet, the bank platform stations are floating over the staircases. They are 90 degrees out of rotation.
  • If you left yourself in the penthouse when you quit the game, when you return, the opening title music score continues to play, unlike other strongholds where the opening title music fades away.
  • At first I thought it was just the red runner, but now I discovered almost any rug will clip the scene and allow you to float in space and see the planets when the rugs are placed in some of the door thresholds. This happens on the guild ships with the red runner. I think it is because the floors are uneven from room to hallways.
  • The carpets are floating. Feet sink down more than usual in many spots.

Old deco bugs:
  • Ambient sound stops when you go out of a room and return, even though the ambient device is still lit. You have to turn it off and back on to get the sound to start again.
  • NPCs sink in the stage deco.

Edited by Selkcun
More bugs

The fleet you see outside the stronghold is not the real fleet. It's an optimised cut down version so we have something pretty to see through the glass. We won't be seeing other players running around down there anytime soon 🙂 It's nice they added some NPCs there. Edited by UlaVii

Imperial apartments feedback --

* BIG BUG: The Large Wall hooks have no layouts. They can't become Mediums, Smalls, etc. This is crippling.

* BUG: If you try to pick up the decorations in a "room" using the button, it picks them up in the entire stronghold. The strongholds are very confusing in this way. The button ought to work for each room/area, or just say Stronghold and pick everything up in all of them. This is going to really frustrate players.

* Little bug: The doors make no sound when they open or close.

* Possible bug: When I quit the game and logged back in later, I appeared in a side room.

* The Small Floor hooks on either side of the elevator in the tiny entry area don't combine into a Medium Narrow Floor hook. Please link them together in a layout, so we can put tech items and lights there.

* There are no Flooring (rug) hooks underneath Large Floor hooks, so it's going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to put rugs under our furniture arrangements (especially the Arrangements). Please add some Flooring hooks under the middle of some of the Large Floor hooks.

* In the first room, please add Medium Wall hooks to the sides or above the door leading to the elevator, so that we can use the Elevator Sign decoration. It would make it much easier to spot the way out with all doors looking identical. (Also, it would be nice to have one place to use that deco.)

* At the doorway down the long hall into the largest room, there are no Small Wall hooks beside or above that doorway. These would be most helpful (and perhaps give the doorway some purpose).

* SUGGESTION: Add some NPCs, spread out around the area outside the lounge window. It looks odd to see Vaiken space dock abandoned. It seems appropriate for them to be talking but not partying, after all it's the Empire!

* SUGGESTION: Create 6 wall decorations that look exactly like the apartment walls, which are tall enough to extend floor to ceiling. 3 for the Republic side, 3 for the Empire side. One that's a long wall segment, one that's a short wall segment, and one that's a short or medium wall segment with a doorway in it. This will allow us to subdivide the apartment into smaller rooms if we choose.

* NOTE: We still don't have a stronghold tech ceiling high enough to use the Gravity Well Generator, Factory Ceiling Crane, and so forth. Maybe these decos should be shrunk by 50% so they can be used in many places.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Xina_LA

Republic apartments feedback --

* BIG BUG: The Medium Wall hook on the left window pane of the upper side room is unclickable.

* BUG: If you try to pick up the decorations in a "room" using the button, it picks them up in the entire stronghold. The strongholds are very confusing in this way. The button ought to work for each room/area, or just say Stronghold and pick everything up in all of them. This is going to really frustrate players.

* Little bug: The doors make no sound when they open or close.

* Minor bug: The holo performers have non-holographic instruments.

* The side rooms are a bit dark.

* In the far room, the Large Wall hooks are very high up. There is room to put an upper and lower Large Wall hook in each panel. This would give us more hook options as well as allow us to put clickable objects (like a GTN) on the walls.

* In the lower side room, the Large Wall hooks are a bit higher than center. It will be difficult (if not impossible) to put clickable objects in them and shift them close enough to the floor to use (IE: ambient sound machines, GTN, monitors).

* The Small Floor hooks on either side of the elevator in the tiny entry area don't combine into a Medium Narrow Floor hook. Please link them together in a layout, so we can put tech items and lights there.

* There are no Flooring (rug) hooks underneath Large Floor hooks, so it's going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to put rugs under our furniture arrangements (especially the Arrangements). Please add some Flooring hooks under the middle of some of the Large Floor hooks.

* In the first room, please add Medium Wall hooks to the sides or above the door leading to the elevator, so that we can use the Elevator Sign decoration. It would make it much easier to spot the way out with all doors looking identical. (Also, it would be nice to have one place to use that deco.)

* SUGGESTION: Add more NPCs and spread them out. It looks odd that there is just one cluster of NPCs who happen to be dancing right outside your window.

* SUGGESTION: Create 6 wall decorations that look exactly like the apartment walls, which are tall enough to extend floor to ceiling. 3 for the Republic side, 3 for the Empire side. One that's a long wall segment, one that's a short wall segment, and one that's a short or medium wall segment with a doorway in it. This will allow us to subdivide the apartment into smaller rooms if we choose.

* NOTE: We still don't have a stronghold tech ceiling high enough to use the Gravity Well Generator, Factory Ceiling Crane, and so forth. Maybe these decos should be shrunk by 50% so they can be used in many places.

Thanks for reading!

I just had time for a quick tour of both apartments this morning. My first impression is good. From some previews I'd seen earlier, I thought they'd just look like smaller versions of guild ship rooms, but they are visually distinct from the standard Republic/Imperial style and there's no mistaking these strongholds for rooms of a guild ship.

The cantina music bleeding into the Republic apt seems like a neat idea, but it got old fast. A way to toggle it on and off would be nice. Speaking of toggles, the lights switches in the Rishi overlook are one of my favorite features of that stronghold, I'd love to see them added here. The lighting in the Republic apt is pretty neutral, so options to mix it up would be nice.

I'd love to see some Starship hooks added to the exterior areas outside the stronghold, rather like the hooks on the ocean floor on Manaan. Being able to set up our ship out there would be cool.

As often happens, I'll have to log in to the PTS some more to check, but it seems to me that I initially zoned into the Apartments at the elevator, but then, last night I zoned in, into middle of the first area past the elevator. (but that may have just been because that's where I was when I zoned out.)

It remains to be seen what will happen when 6.3 goes live, but I would prefer to zone in, in the elevator. (But either is ok)

Edited by JediQuaker

The cantina music bleeding into the Republic apt seems like a neat idea, but it got old fast. A way to toggle it on and off would be nice.

I believe you can turn down/off the Music volume under Preferences. Also, I tested, if you use a Jukebox, it overrides the sound from the station. Several Jukebox decorations have continuous play music, so once you get them started, you won't have to worry about it until your next visit. I hope that helps!

Hopefully they'll release more jukebox decorations with continuous play, perhaps this time as Small Wall decos similar to the Ambient Machines. We could also use more variety of Ambient Machines.

I do like the Republic cantina music. 8)

Edited by Xina_LA

I believe you can turn down/off the Music volume under Preferences. Also, I tested, if you use a Jukebox, it overrides the sound from the station. Several Jukebox decorations have continuous play music, so once you get them started, you won't have to worry about it until your next visit. I hope that helps!

Hopefully they'll release more jukebox decorations with continuous play, perhaps this time as Small Wall decos similar to the Ambient Machines. We could also use more variety of Ambient Machines.

I do like the Republic cantina music. 8)

I like the idea of a "jukebox" !!

( Hmmm ... I wonder if the old man could talk one of the devs into a little CCR in one of those Jukeboxes !! ) :D:D:D

Additional note:

With one provision: be able to control the "outside" music !! From the Cantina outside of the SH .. AND the SWTOR back ground music. ( Frequently the music that is played when changing characters is playing continuously in the SH and was so loud I couldn't even hear the cantina music !!) :eek:

EDIT: the music that is being played when we log in .. and select a character plays continuously .. and at a level loud enough to not only be annoying ... but drowning out almost ALL other sound effects in game at the SH. This seems to happen most of the time now. At one point it was only sporadic.

Additional note to EDIT: I have since logged onto SWTOR regular game ... same character as well as others.

the music I'm referring to when first logging on or changing characters only last for a minute or so .. then fades out !! Sooo apparently I'm experiencing this phenomena only on the PTS while on the SH.

Edited by OlBuzzard

I, too, don't like yellow tinted glass. I've hated it on the huge Nar Shaddaa window, as well.

It's not visible in all graphics settings.

Having Bloom off seems to make it much worse for me, rendering some windows completely opaque.

I also don't like wavy windows, like the ones on Manaan. I much prefer to see outside clearly.

So, I hope they'll make all of the windows untinted and unwavy -- just clear like the exterior windows.

It would be nice if they would stop charging credits for cross-faction stronghold visits.

After all, most of my toons are double-agents.

Is there any word on whether or not they're reading this thread, as it wasn't an officially started thread?

Could we get a comment and some encouragement from a dev/community rep?

Edited by Xina_LA

Counter intuitive: STRONGHOLD UNLOCK IS ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF FLEET IN SUPPLIES SECTION. PUT IT IN STRONGHOLD SECTION. Complication is bad. Simplification is good.

You DON'T NEED TO GET TO LEVEL 4 IN GALACTIC SEASANS OR DO ANYTHING.

JUST BY THE STRONGHOLD UNLOCK FOR ONE CREDIT AT THE VENDOR IN SUPPLIES.

Developers, hear me, put it in strongholds. I will put the bug in TFS, azure devops and assign it to myself, hack in, change your source code seconds prior to the build, decrypt your key, reencrypt it, get root, install linux over all your internets and RE-DO IT ALL to be MOAR LIKE THE TEST SERVER ON THE DEFINITIVE STAR WARS MMORPG: STAR WARS GALAXIES AT SWGEMU COMMUNITY that has a vendor that does it all INTUITIVELY when THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN.

I, too, don't like yellow tinted glass. I've hated it on the huge Nar Shaddaa window, as well.

It's not visible in all graphics settings.

Having Bloom off seems to make it much worse for me, rendering some windows completely opaque.

I also don't like wavy windows, like the ones on Manaan. I much prefer to see outside clearly.

So, I hope they'll make all of the windows untinted and unwavy -- just clear like the exterior windows.

It would be nice if they would stop charging credits for cross-faction stronghold visits.

After all, most of my toons are double-agents.

Is there any word on whether or not they're reading this thread, as it wasn't an officially started thread?

Could we get a comment and some encouragement from a dev/community rep?

Good point about the "official" posting and whether or not the input here is something that they are "listening to" !!

I know that there is at least one of the team that reads things for certain. But for reactions to what we are all suggesting or giving back in the way of what we are discovering ... Hard to say really !

I've found another potential bug ... This one in the graphics / texture / side of one of the rooms. I'm going to log in again and see if it was just a fluke ... or something that needs reported. (more later).

Edit:

Republic Fleet Penthouse:

I did find an issue with the textures / polygon ?? When entering the SH looking straight ahead there are 3 doors:

* One on the right hand side

* One straight ahead

* The 3rd on the right !

The issue is with the room straight ahead. There are two sets of thresholds. The first is with the automated door ( currently with no sound when it opens). The second is at the end of the short hallway opening up into the larger room. Stop right at the point where your feet are at the edge of the second threshold. Looking up / down and around in the room ... the ceiling, flooring, all walls are gone !! The furniture and other objects that I placed in the room are all still in place. BUT I can see all of the planets (one of them has a moon that's visible) and the space around the station. I did walk around that area to see if I would fall through ... but did not !! Just one of those odd little places where the textures on the pollys are gone ... PROBABLY a "seam" of some sort !!

I hope this makes sense!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Counter intuitive: STRONGHOLD UNLOCK IS ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF FLEET IN SUPPLIES SECTION. PUT IT IN STRONGHOLD SECTION. Complication is bad. Simplification is good.

You DON'T NEED TO GET TO LEVEL 4 IN GALACTIC SEASANS OR DO ANYTHING.

JUST BY THE STRONGHOLD UNLOCK FOR ONE CREDIT AT THE VENDOR IN SUPPLIES.

Developers, hear me, put it in strongholds. I will put the bug in TFS, azure devops and assign it to myself, hack in, change your source code seconds prior to the build, decrypt your key, reencrypt it, get root, install linux over all your internets and RE-DO IT ALL to be MOAR LIKE THE TEST SERVER ON THE DEFINITIVE STAR WARS MMORPG: STAR WARS GALAXIES AT SWGEMU COMMUNITY that has a vendor that does it all INTUITIVELY when THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN.

When it goes live, the strongholds will cost seasonal tokens, they won't be one credit as they are now (for testing). The seasonal vendor is where they should be.

I'm still worried their won't be a terminal for strangers to visit your Fleet SH. This will be our 2nd SH (Fleet and Umbara) that has restrictions on people accessing other peoples SH's.

Both of them should have terminals on the fleet just like all the other SH's.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the hooks need to be fixed, a lot of them you can change, especially the walls, I couldn't change any of them. Which means all the medium to small decos are useless.

Same on a lot of the floor hooks.

So far I've been able to change the "layouts" ... but it may be the area I'm in. What room were you looking at? I'll check on mine just to make sure.

So far I've been able to change the "layouts" ... but it may be the area I'm in. What room were you looking at? I'll check on mine just to make sure.

Some of the large hooks on the wall in the center room on the imp stronghold can't be changed and then there is a couple floor hooks overlooking the fleet in the republic stronghold that can't be changed. I was going to change those into the large ones like the other two but you can't.

Some of the large hooks on the wall in the center room on the imp stronghold can't be changed and then there is a couple floor hooks overlooking the fleet in the republic stronghold that can't be changed. I was going to change those into the large ones like the other two but you can't.

I wonder how much of this stuff is due to incomplete DL's or other DL related issues.

Since this AM I can only log into certain areas of this forum. No corrupted files involved .. just can't get there.

I'm even having difficulty attempting to send PM's ... This happens from time to time. And always right after an "update" on the game !!

I'm quite certain that this is all somehow related.

EDIT: ... UPDATE:

** Unable to confirm the Empire side ...

** I have been able to change ALL wall layouts on the Republic side... and Now checking the floor !! (So far ... so good).

CAN anyone else confirm the same "gap" or "open space view" in the room I was talking about. I just checked on that one .. and it's still showing up for me !!

(Kind of cool in a way... almost like walking into a glass room and seeing the planets in front, top, bottom and sides with all of the furniture and everything else in the room suspended in place !! )

Edited by OlBuzzard

Feedback after patch (Vaiken Spacedock Penthouse - Empire):

Positive:

The lift now works and has exit locations, Yay!

Negative:

Large wall hooks still can have their layouts changed. We need to be given the option to change these. Here are the options we should have (screenshot from a Nar Shaddaa Stronghold):

https://imgur.com/a/9lreB2Z

• Large
  • Medium Column
  • Medium & Small Mix A
  • Medium & Small Mix B
  • Small Columns

Note: Carrick Station (Republic) large wall layouts CAN be altered

Edited by Sarova

Overall I like the space. I would like to see 2-3 smaller room off the sides of the long hall that can act as bedrooms/offices. I don't think they even need to be as big as the rooms on the second floor of the DK apartment, or the rooms in the Rishi living space.

Even though I understand it wouldn't be functional per se, I would also like to see an entrance on fleet that you can click on to bring up the directory.

I also agree that more needs to be done to make the view into the VIP lounge look more like active fleet instead of looking like fleet would look with no players in it. If you are really clever the scenes could even change with events.

I am torn on the centerpiece hooks as they are difficult to use with non-centerpiece items and converting it doesn't give you many good layouts. Maybe if more options for conversion that would add a lot more large, medium, and small hooks would make it more palatable. Honestly the hook system needs to be simplified to give us more choices on what to place where, with larger offsets to allow sus more control.

"Dev, can I have a fleet SH?"

https://imgur.com/EZXWNiQ

"No, we have a fleet SH in game"

in game...

https://imgur.com/MZxSxfk

There's Coruscant, DK and NS that all deliver the futuristic scifi penthouse vibe. Huge portions of Alderaan and whatnot also rub this itch. SH in fleet could have been something with bit more Navy and Military and "srs bsns" vibe to it. But nah. Guess I need one more SH where to put a bed in!

Edited by Stradlin

Hi Dev team,

Please, please, why, why the stronghold is so dismal ???!!!

Where is the grandiose ?? We are in space, l need, we need ,we need to see the stars not walls, comone pls.

For me this new stonghold, is a cellar, it lacks ambition, please by the Force, more space, more stars...

thx dev team