Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

I read that a lot of people have been able to complete the flashpoint. I'm curious as to how. I've played for over a week, probably have died about 100 times playing story solo. My character I'm using is Level 75 Renown 59. Even with my companion on heal mode, It is impossible to pass regardless of using heroic moment as well. For the level I'm at, there should be no way in story mode that I'm dying as much as I am. Also, I can't get passed taking the bridge after the 2nd tether. Even though I kill off everyone except for the boss, they all reappear when I get killed as if I didn't do anything. All this is doing is making playing this game extremely frustrating and I've been playing since 2012. This is ridiculous. Story mode should not be this difficult.:mad:

Completed it in story mode on several characters at this point. All level 75

Sniper and Gunslinger. 306 ilvl. Full set

Operative/Scoundrel 306 ilvl. Full set. Both in DPS specs. Stealth is only semi useful since some mobs see through it, something random kept breaking it also. Think it was the patrolling dogs around the start/mid area.

Deception Assassin. Mixed gear around 290ilvl.

Rage Jugg. Again, mixed gear around 290ilvl.

Pyrotech. 276 ilvl. Probably the hardest for me since I have less time playing this particular character. And obviously the lower ilvl=lower damage.

Not many tips to give. It's story mode. Kill the medics in the trash packs first. Lore-something mobs in the later part of the instance heal as well. For bosses I just moved from anything spawned on the ground. Kill adds if the boss had any until it was dead.

The dungeon overall is more tedious than anything.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealth is only semi useful since some mobs see through it, something random kept breaking it also. Think it was the patrolling dogs around the start/mid area..

Yeah, the animals have infinite stealth detection in a 10m radius. Even taking a utility for 10 extra levels of stealth didn’t help. There is only one group with the animals that can be skirted at 10+ meter range that I know of.

I read that a lot of people have been able to complete the flashpoint. I'm curious as to how. I've played for over a week, probably have died about 100 times playing story solo. My character I'm using is Level 75 Renown 59. Even with my companion on heal mode, It is impossible to pass regardless of using heroic moment as well. For the level I'm at, there should be no way in story mode that I'm dying as much as I am. Also, I can't get passed taking the bridge after the 2nd tether. Even though I kill off everyone except for the boss, they all reappear when I get killed as if I didn't do anything. All this is doing is making playing this game extremely frustrating and I've been playing since 2012. This is ridiculous. Story mode should not be this difficult.:mad:

This is a lvl 75 FP. You want to be able to complete it at lvl 59. This is the problem with half of the population with this game.

Finally I passed with my Juggernaut! To be honest, it wasn't that difficult, the only difficult moment was with the second boss on the bridge. Other than that Flashpoint became easier and the items improved a lot. I received several yellow lvl 300+ items.

The tactic I used to pass the second boss was as follows. Force Charge to approach the boss and attack him, then Intimidating Roar to overwhelm everyone and then use Heroic Moment, as I finished with five characters, I used five heroic skills. After that I used the sequence Sundering Assault + Impale + Force Scream + Enrage + Ravage + Shatter + Vicious Slash + Ravage + Vengeful Slam + Hew, during this sequence I also used Enraged Defense, Saber Reflect, Saber Ward, Disruption, Endure Pain and again Intimidating Roar, after that I made new use of heroic abilities and finally managed to defeat him. My attention was focused only on Bask Sunn, I let the companion and my area skills take care of the others.

My char:

https://gyazo.com/042a51f4ac9a3a7061c39add2e124c43

it was worth it every difficulty, I liked the end and the continuation that was left open!

Edited by Lord_Arawn

Completed it in story mode on several characters at this point. All level 75

Sniper and Gunslinger. 306 ilvl. Full set

Operative/Scoundrel 306 ilvl. Full set. Both in DPS specs. Stealth is only semi useful since some mobs see through it, something random kept breaking it also. Think it was the patrolling dogs around the start/mid area.

Deception Assassin. Mixed gear around 290ilvl.

Rage Jugg. Again, mixed gear around 290ilvl.

Pyrotech. 276 ilvl. Probably the hardest for me since I have less time playing this particular character. And obviously the lower ilvl=lower damage.

Not many tips to give. It's story mode. Kill the medics in the trash packs first. Lore-something mobs in the later part of the instance heal as well. For bosses I just moved from anything spawned on the ground. Kill adds if the boss had any until it was dead.

The dungeon overall is more tedious than anything.

Thanks. My ilvl is only 276. Looks like I need to do more warzones to help get it higher up to around 300+. I appreciate the help. I figured the renown level would make a difference, but really only helps with regard to ilvl. I thought enough energy was spent building up this character that I shouldn't be having as difficult a time in story mode. Some people are talking like it's a piece of cake so it makes me wonder why it's not for me since I do use my area skills and keep my distance as much as possible and still get killed pretty easily as if I was a beginner with much less ilvl.

Hmm strange, try this one, its the picture only. If it doesnt work there are 4 hidden achievements, which are:

Be first to jump over the fire, Be first to fall down the floor trap, Kill all War Profiters, Finish without killing War profiters.

Then there are the 3 objects you need to find, the War staff, Relic and bottle. Those are all.

Awesome, THANKS SO MUCH for posting!

Really appreciate it and def. a big time-saver :D

./tip-hat

Some people are talking like it's a piece of cake so it makes me wonder why it's not for me since I do use my area skills and keep my distance as much as possible and still get killed pretty easily as if I was a beginner with much less ilvl.

Bear in mind that it's quite buggy. I imagine it would be significantly easier if the companion was leveled like he was supposed to be, boss mechanics were working right, and things weren't resetting when they aren't supposed to - but some of us had all those issues, while others did not. Not all of the "difficulty" is from things that were intended by the developers.

Thanks. My ilvl is only 276. Looks like I need to do more warzones to help get it higher up to around 300+. I appreciate the help. I figured the renown level would make a difference, but really only helps with regard to ilvl. I thought enough energy was spent building up this character that I shouldn't be having as difficult a time in story mode. Some people are talking like it's a piece of cake so it makes me wonder why it's not for me since I do use my area skills and keep my distance as much as possible and still get killed pretty easily as if I was a beginner with much less ilvl.

I was only able to finish after I improved my items. In total my armor level is 299 now. Even with the change, winning the second boss was not easy.

How does the stacks work in the first boss in MM exactly?

Does breaking the grapple add stack?

Hit 25 runs yesterday, definitely the ones that were no issue: don't break free from the root (his grapple, that's how he gains stacks), do interrupt Full Auto (interrupts don't give him stacks, don't bother interrupting Flame Sweep on the other hand, it barely does any damage so save it for Full Auto), move out of the AOE.

The thing is that some abilities have CC breaker as a side effect (like Force Barrier that will also break you free, just to name one) and some utilities can do that too. So people may break free from the root without even realizing it. Know your abilities and your utilities.

Edited by demotivator

Hit 25 runs yesterday, definitely the ones that were no issue: don't break free from the root (his grapple, that's how he gains stacks), do interrupt Full Auto (interrupts don't give him stacks, don't bother interrupting Flame Sweep on the other hand, it barely does any damage so save it for Full Auto), move out of the AOE.

The thing is that some abilities have CC breaker as a side effect (like Force Barrier that will also break you free, just to name one) and some utilities can do that too. So people may break free from the root without even realizing it. Know your abilities and your utilities.

Thanks a lot.

Those "hidden" cc breaker might be what gave my group the trouble.

Suck not to be able to break fee when being caught as a healer though, so much stress...

I didn't mind the difficulty (I played on 12/27/20) but I did mind the time it took to grind through it all.

Why did this - patch/add-on/story -line snippett/mini-expansion/whatever it is - have to be one stupidly huge flashpoint? It should have be broken into two or three smaller flashpoints. After you clear each ship you should just get to a portal to enter the flashpoint for the next ship. That way if someone chose to play it straight through they could easily just keep jumping into the next FP but if someone wanted to play one part on day and the next part another day they would have that option. Some people don't have hours-long blocks of time and some people like to savor an experience. This FP was just way too long to have to play through in one sitting in my opinion. Unlike the flashpoints in SoR. I'm not looking forward to playing this one again with another character.

Why did this - patch/add-on/story -line snippett/mini-expansion/whatever it is - have to be one stupidly huge flashpoint? It should have be broken into two or three smaller flashpoints. After you clear each ship you should just get to a portal to enter the flashpoint for the next ship. That way if someone chose to play it straight through they could easily just keep jumping into the next FP but if someone wanted to play one part on day and the next part another day they would have that option. Some people don't have hours-long blocks of time and some people like to savor an experience. This FP was just way too long to have to play through in one sitting in my opinion. Unlike the flashpoints in SoR. I'm not looking forward to playing this one again with another character.

This suggestion would vastly improve the content.

Part of what was frustrating about my two attempts was "I need to go cook dinner" and "I need to go to bed; I have work in the morning" respectively as I was trying to get through the ending point where I was stuck. I would have had a lot more time and patience for it if it didn't require a large block commitment of real-world time with no other responsibilities.

It would also mean if you got stuck on part, you could just go back to that part rather than starting from scratch. I haven't bothered trying it again because it's such a waste of time when you can't finish and have nothing to show for it.

Just beat it. Impressions 272-276 equip. Sith Warrior: Pretty much a glass cannon.

First boss, Okay, butt handed the first two times. Realized that I had to actually think and use interrupts and then killed him. (Rancor was also no big deal although I did use the Heroic just to whittle him down faster.

Second boss: Meh. Killed adds then him.

Third boss. Just kinda stabbed her a lot. Pretty much a story mode boss.

Final boss: Got killed twice because my comp is level 1 and died quickly on second wave. Stabbed through 1 boss part, ground first wave, did circling run for second boss part, then the the second wave required a Heroic moment (I have 6 out of 8) to bring down the hammer on the group at the bottom of the steps as well as keep my comp alive. Was close but once they were down, the sharpshooters were cake. Cake finale on final boss part.

It is a bit long of a flashpoint. Started using Heroic moments just to clear mobs faster.

Kinda wondering if the show has anything to do with them bringing this whole flashpoint/side story into the game. We'll see if this links up with Malgus at any point or if it really is an independent threat.

Edited by Thepyrethatburns

Think I'm running into a completely different bug than most. Haven't read the entire thread either though.

I get to the Solo-Story mode part Reinforce Jekiah Ordo... and it kicks me back to the last Boss Kill with no way forward. So, I exit the instance. Re-enter. And I'm stuck in Conversation forever basically till I manage to get out of instance again. Usually have to log out and wait a bit and log back in.

Kind of disappointing when you see that people have been completing it.

Sounds like this could be a local installation issue. The launcher - after logging in - should offer an option to repair. It should be accessible through the dropdown next to the account name on the top right (on the Settings screen.) It takes a while but sometimes resolves issues that are not game bugs.

Just finished running this and I have to say the difficulty reminds me a lot more of the old days. Which is to say very time consuming lol. Had an issue on the final boss where my companion was stuck under the floor and then again where he stood in the middle of the room right next to me but wasn't healing me or attacking. Literally just dead AI lol. Third times the charm thankfully. But yeah...not really looking forward to this on alts as it is now.

I too was enjoying the story of this flash point until the last Boss's 2nd Adds they immediately shot at my companion regardless if in passive or not. They could shoot through all walls and boxes. I am really annoyed that I got so far to have bioware log me out and force me to stat again. I hope they patch this. then again I really feel like I wasted 3 hours on this for nothing. My mental health has taken a toll on this I and think bioware should allow to relog into the game at the last point of log out. PLEASE FIX THE LAST BOSS have less or WEAKER 2nd adds. For those of use who enjoy the story's sake. really lost my faith in them now over this possible due to making more angry yet depressed more.

Difficulty or lack thereof completely being unconsidered, I would appreciate if future stories were not solo only. My brother and I use this game to stay connected and were delighted that we could play alongside each other for Echoes of Oblivion, only to find that the game was going to forcibly split us up for the very next part. We don't care if we have to run it multiple times for us both to get credit, we just prefer to run things together.

So far what Ive seen is the flashpoint Spirit of Vengeance & Echos of Oblivion favour certain classes over others

1)Sith Assassin - deception fuilly geared augments & all, die die die and die again, as well game crashing

2)Merc Arsenal, relatively smooth

3)Operative Agent -Concealment, die, game crash barely through..absolutely trash this is happening

4)Juggernaut - Vengeance, solo like everything was butter, seriously redoinculously easy, pretty clear coding bias for this class, barely needed healing.

Stay tuned as I do more and see how they perform but so far it sure explains the imbalance in pvp as well if this is how classes handle damage, seriously BW this isnt cool.

So far what Ive seen is the flashpoint Spirit of Vengeance & Echos of Oblivion favour certain classes over others

1)Sith Assassin - deception fuilly geared augments & all, die die die and die again, as well game crashing

2)Merc Arsenal, relatively smooth

3)Operative Agent -Concealment, die, game crash barely through..absolutely trash this is happening

4)Juggernaut - Vengeance, solo like everything was butter, seriously redoinculously easy, pretty clear coding bias for this class, barely needed healing.

Stay tuned as I do more and see how they perform but so far it sure explains the imbalance in pvp as well if this is how classes handle damage, seriously BW this isnt cool.

If you really are fully geared, then it might be more of a 'favours the class you are good in' issue than an actual class bias.

I've done SoV story/solo more than once as infiltration/deception shadow/sin and also as lethality operative. Both classes I ran with a dps companion for most of the flashpoint. (I did change Ross to heals for the first and last boss on my shadow/sin).

... also died a couple times first run, but that was due to not paying attention and being surprised by the difficulty level.

... and yes, before anyone asks, my Ross was level 1 each time.

*note: if you run with a dps companion, turn their aoe attack OFF. The adds will melt your companion if too many of them target the companion.