Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

Well, the whole reason I preordered it was for early access. I didn't order it until October, and the website I ordered it from didn't mention anything about waves. It just said early access, so I assumed they were just letting everyone who ordered in a few days early. It's somewhat annoying that people who had the extra money laying around when the preorder was first available get an advantage over people who had to hold off until they could afford it, but all I really want to know is why is it like this? I don't understand how this helps them at all, since on the 20th the servers are going to be overloaded anyways.

I whole heartedly agree. The servers are screwed on the 20th. They should just open the flood gates today. Just do it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I have ever heard such whining in my life. I think we are all lucky if we get in before the 20th let alone get in a week before or 5 days before or even 1 day before that. They only promised you early game access up to 5 days, which could mean 1 hour before the 20th. Trust me I am sure Bioware is trying to make this a smooth beginning for everyone.

ROFLMAO

Cracks me up to see that some have taken the day off work in anticipation of "Maybe" getting early access.

Oh I am going to quit my job because I "May" win the lottery. lol

BTW all of these posts are loading the servers down and it will now take longer for the next wave to release.

You have to figure in a couple things... Millions of pre-orders, which I will presume at least half of them used their early access code.

Not everyone is sitting at home staring at the launcher or staring at their email. Many people who are waiting for early access are at work and unable to log in at this time.

If they are checking for server stability, they have to realize that if they send out, say 250,000 invites today. Maybe half (and I'm being generous) are logging in immediately. They have to give time for the other half to log in later.

If they keep piling on waves without a larger number of those granted early access logging in, they could end up facing what they're trying to avoid.

you are correct of course, but that shouldnt have stopped them from at least giving an approximation of when to expect an invite email.

either by date (july gets first day, first half of august 2nd day, etc.)

or by actual order of key redemption (50k first day AM, 50k first dayPM and so on)

of course worded as such so they can not be held to it too tightly, but some idea would have been nice.

I preordered on days one but game.co.uk didn't send me my early access code until last week when I phoned them to complain. They said something about them changing the system and the people on the old system getting missed out.

I'm guessing my early game access will be about 5 minutes before general launch.

I don't mind the whole wave thing these guys are doing, but only 4 waves/day?! I understand most people like myself took the day off in order to play the long awaited game and now we find out not only was that dumb but now we have to wait even longer?! So dumb Bioware...

Not really Bioware's fault you don't read and understand what you read :/ Nobody ever said you would be playing TODAY. There's a chance i grant but really it was dumb of you to take the day off. :/

I know why they couldn't give a schedule in advance. They hired bill O'Reilly to schedule the wave. Sadly, he got upset at the tools they gave him to do it. He was quoted as saying:

This F'ing thing sucks! WE'LL DO IT LIVE. I'LL WRITE IT AND WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

I sense disturbance in the force, there is much hate and grief!

Like some one said Grown up men and women crying over not being able to access a GAME right away! This is a disgraceful behavior.

Seriously can I offer you all some cheese with all that whine ?

Staggered launch is good for handling initial flood of players. But each "wave" every few hours and only 4 waves today doesn't seem right. Remember, early access is part of the promotinal offer, not a testing time. When new waves come out tommorow there will be people logging in from today and tommorow.. and so on for every next day. Eventually it will be just like after launch, everyone will be logging in/out.

I would understand 50k-100k per wave every hour, that is staggered launch.

4 waves today is just a specific selection, not a staggered preorder release.

Quoted for Wisdom, big Wookie up there.

For those who seem to have failed to read the information on the SWTOR.com website. Before you complain about your pre-order and weather or not you should be capable of entering the servers today or why they are doing early access in waves. Please go to the main page and read what has been stated in the FAQ on early access rights. You can also read the beginning of this thread to understand why they are entering users in waves. Do not complain unless you have a valid complaint wasting peoples time skimming through your pointless comments.:confused:

I have a valid complaint when people who didn't pre-order until December are getting in already.

I've lost all faith in BioWare.. they've slit up the waves into minuscule numbers..

Get a grip guys, from a design / development perspective this is the best way to roll the access out, it helps the devs progressively stress test their infrastructure and ensures a playable experience for all who are in, im off to play the new bf3 maps on xbox till my mail comes through. :)

It was 101 when I found it about 10 minutes ago . . .

Wouldn't have helped anxiety much to do this, but it would have sure saved the forums.

Bioware could have created another "Timeline" and filled the line as they added pre-orders to EGA... by tagging the timeline with registration dates at least people could have felt that their unique redemption was at least acknowledged.

I for one would LOVE to know that I was being given 'live' information, instead of the usual "We'll get to you when we do".... you don't HAVE to do what I want as a customer, you just have to make me feel like you understand my concerns.

/shrug, no one will read this, no one will care... keep on ragin' :(

I agree, it'd be nice to get an update, but then again they should probably lock this thread to stop the nerd rage spam so people can actually catch the important posts. Right now every time I hit "last page" i'm still 2-3 pages behind... you guys are insane...