Does not owning a mobile device really mean you can't get a security key right now?

GreatInfinity

So every time I try to log in to my account on the site, I have to enter a one-time password (which sometimes numerous login attempts before it gets through to my email address), and now that I've started using Avast SecureLine VPN for Windows I now have to enter a one-time password every time I login to the game itself now.

A simple solution might be to buy a security key, but the problem is you can only get one for mobile devices such as iOS devices or certain Android and BlackBerry devices and I don't own any such device, all I really have that could really count for mobile devices is a laptop and a SafeLink wireless phone, and I don't think you can get a security key on either of those (please correct me if I'm wrong here).

Is there really no way to get a security key right now if you don't own a mobile device? Will the one-time passwords really continue to be an issue for me?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

How do I get a security key for Swtor?

Set up a Mobile Security Key. Download the Star Wars: The Old Republic Security Key app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play store. From your computer, log in to your account on swtor.com and go to the Security Key Setup page. Click Set up a new Mobile Security Key.

https://swtorista.com/articles/how-to-install-swtor-security-key/

Edited by IntegrationArch

Huh, I thought that there was an option to buy a physical security key, or don't they do that anymore/ It's been awhile since I check, and atm I don't have one either due to my phone being a ***** a having the actual phone screen light thing die. My phone would work, the buttons at the bottom work, they light up, but my phone screen stays black lmao

I don't suppose there are any detailed step-by-step instruction on how to configure Winauth with Star Wars The Old Republic, the instructions on the download page don't make any sense at all and none of the search engines are coming up with anything. I'm beginning to feel like this is more than it's worth.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I was at least able to get a security key through AndyVM via the youtube video Ingsoc_XT was nice enough to provide in his post, I appreciate that, thank you.

Edited by GreatInfinity