Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

Good catch Ninjonxb,

Subscriber Early Access to Galactic Strongholds is coming as a part of 2.8. As you can see the decision has been made to move the 2.8 date out two weeks from its original target. We wanted some more time to work on that sweet, sweet player stronghold content.

-eric

Thanks for the clarification. Completely understandable pushing a patch, just wanted to double check :rak_03:

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good catch Ninjonxb,

Subscriber Early Access to Galactic Strongholds is coming as a part of 2.8. As you can see the decision has been made to move the 2.8 date out two weeks from its original target. We wanted some more time to work on that sweet, sweet player stronghold content.

-eric

That's great to hear. Might I ask is this the main feature of 2.8 or are we getting other big features such as operations? I imagine you'll release more info on that at a later date, but I'm just curious.

Guild capital ships? Legacy bank? Too technically difficult, my ewok! :D This looks fantastic! :D Is it me, or does the inclusion of the Trooper stuff maybe mean we might be able to replay our class stories?

I am wondering if there will be things in the house that link back to your class story.

In the fine print it says:

Guild Flagships and Legacy Stronghold Storage will be available to players as part of the official launch of Galactic Strongholds.

The Official Launch is not till August of 2014.

Eric or Tait can you clarify that Guild Ships and Legacy Storage will not be coming in 2.8, but rather with the free-to-play launch of the expansion?

• Dev Post
I noticed that too. It would be amazing if we got to re-view our old cutscenes as 'memories' invoked by clicking trophies in our Stronghold.

Although a feature like this would certainly be pretty awesome, it is not what "trophies" will do in your Stronghold. The video was more to imply that you can earn awesome rewards for your house by killing things :rak_01:

-eric

Good catch Ninjonxb,

-eric

Approved!

Although a feature like this would certainly be pretty awesome, it is not what "trophies" will do in your Stronghold. The video was more to imply that you can earn awesome rewards for your house by killing things :rak_01:

-eric

Damn. Ah well, can't have everything, I guess. Thanks for the clarification.

• Dev Post
In the fine print it says:

The Official Launch is not till August of 2014.

Eric or Tait can you clarify that Guild Ships and Legacy Storage will not be coming in 2.8, but rather with the free-to-play launch of the expansion?

Your are correct Oofalong. Those features will come with the official launch of the expansion, not with subscriber early access in June.

-eric

-eric

4 pages in, 3 dev posts. Woo!

Why am I so excited right now... coffee? what coffee? I don't see any coffee? *sip*

So are people going to be able to access fleet chat from their homes? Cuz really I see the majority never actually hanging out in their homes and still spending most of their time on the fleet since that is where all the recruiting for op runs and stuff goes on.

So are people going to be able to access fleet chat from their homes? Cuz really I see the majority never actually hanging out in their homes and still spending most of their time on the fleet since that is where all the recruiting for op runs and stuff goes on.

I imagine people will simply move the bulk of their chat to DK/Coruscant chat instead of Fleet Chat.

• Dev Post
4 pages in, 3 dev posts. Woo!

Why am I so excited right now... coffee? what coffee? I don't see any coffee? *sip*

You know, on the morning of big updates like this it is a tradition that I stop in the morning and get the team stocked up on some Starbucks. We too are here to make coffee disappear :rak_03: (or a mocha in my case)

-eric

I imagine people will simply move the bulk of their chat to DK/Coruscant chat instead of Fleet Chat.

or Nar Shaddaa chat....

Subscribers as of May 11th will receive:

Early Access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24

Luxurious Nar Shaddaa Stronghold with three additional rooms unlocked (Value: 1,500,000 Credits)

Stronghold Label: “Galactic Stronghold”

Character Title: “The Illustrious”

Subscribers beginning June 24th will receive:

Early Access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24

Luxurious Nar Shaddaa Stronghold Unlocked (Value: 250,000 Credits)

Stronghold Label: “Galactic Stronghold”

Character Title: “The Illustrious”

Edited by BobbaJohn

This looks great and it has so much potential! It could even fix the useless crafting side of the game

I just hope it has a great EQ2 style "put it wherever you want" system rather that a jigsaw based system like some lesser housing systems have... would still be fun but limited

Edited by bannsider

Good question. I assumed "home worlds" meant all the starter planets. Is it just capital planets, instead?

So far, from what I can tell, it starts off with DK/Coruscant and you can buy a place on Nar Shaddaa.

The fact that we can do that on other worlds gives me hope that they'll give us options to buy more places on other worlds as the game progresses.

So far, from what I can tell, it starts off with DK/Coruscant and you can buy a place on Nar Shaddaa.

The fact that we can do that on other worlds gives me hope that they'll give us options to buy more places on other worlds as the game progresses.

That's what I'm hoping. Wouldn't mind spending credits on a home on Tython to be honest. That would make me and my Jedi's a happy bunch of Jawa's :D

• Dev Post
Any chance of a home on Tython?

Or will they most likely start on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas?

At this time we aren't talking about any additional planets aside from what we have announced, which is Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, and Nar Shaddaa.

-eric